• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TP2 showing phantom notication SMS inbox

Search This thread

3560freak

Just started last night, my TP2 is showing 1 sms notification on TouchFlo3D and on the inbox folder. I have used Clear "Text/Multimedia" a billion times and also checked in another phone to make sure nothing is hiding on the SIM. Does anyone make a suggestion other than doing a master clear/reset phone?

ryushe

Nov 4, 2008
Funny, I just solved this problem today and unfortunately, I had to do a hard reset :( (still backed up everything with with Sprie Backup thou.)

Well, you do have another option that didn't seem to work for me but it's worth a try, is to Regedit it. The location is HKEY_Current_User\system\state\Messages\sms\Unread and set the Count=0

When I tried, it would work, but as soon as I was to get another message, it jump back up to "2".

Good luck, Hope it works so you don't have to Hard Reset.

ARHMogul

Feb 17, 2009
Burnsville
Just started last night, my TP2 is showing 1 sms notification on TouchFlo3D and on the inbox folder. I have used Clear "Text/Multimedia" a billion times and also checked in another phone to make sure nothing is hiding on the SIM. Does anyone make a suggestion other than doing a master clear/reset phone?

Hello,

I attempted to post earlier but it did not seem to work, so go to this link it should fix your problems:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/samsung-i700/23911-1-unread-sms-count.html

Simply download the zip file, copy the exe file to your SD card, run it, and do a soft reset. Hope this helps...

3560freak

awesome, thanks a million for the prog. i tried the regedit 1st with no permanent fix, but the prog fixed it.

'Sider

Oct 13, 2009
Just had the same issue with my phone wouldnt delete a phantom message and the program worked great, thanks ARHMogul, appreciate it bruh

jurgy1

Sep 7, 2009
Man, I am just having no luck with this - mine is showing "2" unread - I have deleted all msgs - done a reg edit to "0" and I have done the fixunreadcount with a soft reset. What else can I try ??

Forever_n00b

Oct 9, 2009
Arunachal Pradesh
@jurgy1, I just ran the attached exe and a soft reset but the unread bubble was still there. Ran the exe again and it disappeared.

@ARHMogul, thanks a ton! I'd hate doing a hard reset for such a small problem yet I'm sure I would've done just that if not for your help.

hisandherturbo

Aug 27, 2009
TY! worked for me......... even after doing a soft reset I "thought" it wasn't going to work, but I also had to click on the icon to get the 1 to go away.

TASinMD

Oct 29, 2009
fixunreadcount.exe worked like a champ. Ran the program, soft reset, opened the sms inbox and the (1) count was gone. Returned to the TouchFlo home page and touched the SMS bubble and the offending number vanished. Nice. Many thanks.

braemar

Sep 24, 2009
Just wanted to say thank you. I've search on xda and ppcgeeks for a bit now and didn't find this post until today. Sometimes the wording really matters when finding threads.

This solved my problem and I thank you. Little things like that bug me and I didn't want to have to hard reset the phone.

Thanks again, I'll be saving this little guy.

rlc9999

Dec 30, 2008
Verison TP2 and Resetting the SMS Icon to 0 - Forever

Has anyone tried this on Verizon TP2 and if so, does this program work good enough so when you get the next message, it doesn't re-appear. Mine started when I got a two part message from an T-Mobile customer that spread it over two messages. I read the first one, but the second one had already disappeared so it says 1. I reg hacked the counter back to zero, then the next message (even if it is not multimessage) goes back to 1 of course, but does not reset after reading it. It will go up to 2 and 3 and so on but after reading it, it never goes back to 0 without me going to a PMedit and resetting the counter to 0. The question is, does this fix count stop this from happening in the future, or just solve the problem now. If it just solves the problem now, I can PMedit it each time as easily. If it solves the problem forever, I am eternally greatful. Any thoughts? BTW, this only started happening when I got the multi message and it hasn't gone away since.

Thanks.. Rick

Psih4x

Aug 15, 2008
Just a reminder - after you run the program and perform the reset you have to OPEN THE INBOX for it to "refresh". I was dismayed to notice it was still there after the reset, but after opening the inbox it cleared right out. I noticed this was a problem before on my original tilt, and am glad to finally have a solution!!

wasek86

Apr 19, 2010
fixunreadcount.zip is the best thing I've found!!! I tried to solve it whole weekend on my Touch Pro 2, but only this app works correctly. Editing registry was useless and other tools too. Thanks a lot for that small useful app ;)