(Trackfone) Alcatel Tcl Lx [A502dl] : Help unlock bootloader & rooting

Search This thread
i was having a hard time getting androidfilehost to upload so i had to use smash but here is the stock and magisk patched boot imgs, stock and twrp recovery, and also a couple secureboot bypass and twrp porting tools to help out https://fromsmash.com/TCLLX-FIles i think that link only lasts 5 days if someone wants to reupload the files and provide a better link also

Reactions: mastercoin
I didn't use hydra tool I used MTKClient from GitHub and did an entire system read back to have a backup then just renamed boot.bin to boot.img used magisk to patch it and then used the same MTKClient tool to reflash it... I have a twrp I made for it also but I don't know how functional it is as far as flashing things and backups , the only thing I tried to flash was the magisk zip just to see what would happen and that tripped the secureboot , I used the mediatek secureboot tool and it says it's disabled but it's still not booting past the secureboot fail screen.. when I get home I'll get the files and upload them tonight
Gotcha. Okay I see what you're saying. Yeah I think unpacking the boot image and setting the default prop values to ro.secure=0, security.perf_harden=0 and ro.adb.secure=0, thus enabling insecure boot image support, you should be able to avoid tripping the secure boot check during the boot sequence.. However, the secure boot error may also be the result of dm-verity which can be disabled in the fstab file. I'll do both when I unpack the boot image. Nice work by the way on getting the partitions dumped.

Gotcha. Okay I see what you're saying. Yeah I think unpacking the boot image and setting the default prop values to ro.secure=0, security.perf_harden=0 and ro.adb.secure=0, thus enabling insecure boot image support, you should be able to avoid tripping the secure boot check during the boot sequence.. However, the secure boot error may also be the result of dm-verity which can be disabled in the fstab file. I'll do both when I unpack the boot image. Nice work by the way on getting the partitions dumped.
Thank you lol. As much as I'd like to take credit it was all the developer of MTKClient and EDL tools... This is the 2nd unrootable phone his tools have enabled me to unlock , in theory you should be able to use either this MTKClient or the Qualcomm version, EDL, to unlock bootloader and root any phone , do you have a brief guide on how to edit the default props? Everytime I use prop editor app or manually edit it the changes never stick / have an effect

Thank you lol. As much as I'd like to take credit it was all the developer of MTKClient and EDL tools... This is the 2nd unrootable phone his tools have enabled me to unlock , in theory you should be able to use either this MTKClient or the Qualcomm version, EDL, to unlock bootloader and root any phone , do you have a brief guide on how to edit the default props? Everytime I use prop editor app or manually edit it the changes never stick / have an effect
To edit your default.prop so that the changes will stick, you'll first need to unpack the boot image. Carliv's Image Kitchen works nice. It's available here on XDA. For editing the default.prop values, use Notebook++, a free and open source utility. A Google search will lead you right to it. Finally, use the Carliv Image utility again to repack your boot image. Then, of course, flash the modded boot image to the /boot partition.

To edit your default.prop so that the changes will stick, you'll first need to unpack the boot image. Carliv's Image Kitchen works nice. It's available here on XDA. For editing the default.prop values, use Notebook++, a free and open source utility. A Google search will lead you right to it. Finally, use the Carliv Image utility again to repack your boot image. Then, of course, flash the modded boot image to the /boot partition.
Thank you I'll give it a try!...
update.. i used the tool to unpack it andf have show hidden files enabled but all its giving me is a symlink to default.prop , i dont see anything i would be able to edit anywhere ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-27_01-44-35.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-27_01-44-35.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

iamx51

Apr 9, 2013
Just bumping this thread in case anyone has ideas for me. Seems like Alcatel has bootloader mode hidden on some phones. Here's my story: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=81780645#post81780645

BTW - I am using mtk-su and have root and Magisk via init.d scripts, but still can't touch /system or flash recovery because of
Code:
/dev/block/dm-0' is read-only
which won't change unti bl unlocked...
Use mtk-client to unlock the bootloader. I have unlocked bootloader /have root on an a509dl

Chrona859

May 28, 2022
Have root access, message me for guide for how to do the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220521-192157.png
    Screenshot_20220521-192157.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 31

Johngrogers12

Mar 10, 2022
I have the Alcatel a502dl and been haveing a ridiculously hard time trying to get to where I can even use the mtk tool because im a newb and having trouble getting the dumb using WwR_2.5 and sp_flash_tool for the firmware to use the mtk firmware tools but I used the mtk easy su which gets me rooted but I have to keep redoing it every reboot but I have access to I believe all the files using xplore with root access. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to use fastboot or turn off secure boot, I had root and used the twrp to flash, said success but when rebooting into recovery imediatly after flashing from phone. it says secure boot fail and boots up like normal unrooted with out custom recovery. If you could be of any help you would be my hero. Please and thank you in advance!

I have the Alcatel a502dl and been haveing a ridiculously hard time trying to get to where I can even use the mtk tool because im a newb and having trouble getting the dumb using WwR_2.5 and sp_flash_tool for the firmware to use the mtk firmware tools but I used the mtk easy su which gets me rooted but I have to keep redoing it every reboot but I have access to I believe all the files using xplore with root access. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to use fastboot or turn off secure boot, I had root and used the twrp to flash, said success but when rebooting into recovery imediatly after flashing from phone. it says secure boot fail and boots up like normal unrooted with out custom recovery. If you could be of any help you would be my hero. Please and thank you in advance!
What Android version are you running on your A502DL?

luridphantom

Apr 4, 2021
GT-i9250
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
you should be using mtkclient for everything with this phone

8.1 and I actually wanted to thank you, for the work you did on the scepter 8 table. is there anything i can edit on the phone from the phone after i set the temp. root using with X-plore file app?
Send me your stock boot.img. I'll decompile, decrypt it, and repack it as m insecure boot image that will hopefully allow you to get past the secure boot error. With temp root, you should be able to flash the patched boot image using Flashify. I'll also patch the boot image for Magisk systemless root.

Johngrogers12

Mar 10, 2022
Do you know how to pull your stock boot image with temp root
no but you said something about i saw flashify while trying to figure out my options i downloaded a file someone posted on here it has stock boot and recovery and a magisk patched boot and twrp recovery and i was able to make one with magisk thats the one thing i havnt figured out how to do since the bootloader is still locked and im guessing secure boot is not any help either
Do you know how to pull your stock boot image with temp root?
I didn't pull it myself by here it is

Attachments

• boot.img
    16 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Viva La Android
no but you said something about i saw flashify while trying to figure out my options i downloaded a file someone posted on here it has stock boot and recovery and a magisk patched boot and twrp recovery and i was able to make one with magisk thats the one thing i havnt figured out how to do since the bootloader is still locked and im guessing secure boot is not any help either

I didn't pull it myself by here it is
Okay thanks. I'm out on the road working but should be able to start patching the boot image Monday. Sorry for the delay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes it can .. it was extremely easy to do so also..i have a rooted one in my hand as we speak the only issue is I was stupid and tried to flash the magisk zip in twrp and it set off secureboot so in working on fixing that .. but .. if you just use MTKClient you can pull the entire firmware , magisk patch then reflash the boot.img using the same tool and you can even install twrp I have the entire firmware , twrp, and magisk patched boot imgs for the device saved ,. If someone knows how to disable secureboot I would really appreciate it
    This device cannot be rooted. To date, there has not been a single validated claim of a rooted TCL A509DL. The bootloader cannot be unlocked, preventing root, custom ROM installs,etc.
    As in the title, I have an, Alcatel Tcl Lx A502dl, Android phone, originally purchased from Walmart with a Trackfone Sim card (Now there is no sim card insterted).
    I have spent all day, up until now, figuring out how to link abd and fastboot to the phone using USB debugging, and I have been successful this far. I had downloaded latest "platform-tools_r29.0.1-windows" from here on XDA, and I downloaded latest "fatsboot" from "HighonAndroid.com", for a quicker experience, without wasting time and effort on Java downloads. In addition to all this, I let the computer search the network for updating driver software, for my Alcatel phone. I also downloaded "UniversalAdbDriverSetup", from the former link, @highonandroid.com.
    I linked both file pathways for corresponding "Fastboot", and "platform-tools", into the environment variables, under the term: "Path", yes, using a ";" with no spaces to add the new pathways.
    I had success linking my phone onto the "abd" program, the phone is listed under "abd devices" command. I could not seem to get a listing of my phone serial number, under the "fastboot devices" command?
    I have tried to get "platform-tools" to put the phone into "fastboot/bootloader" mode, but the phone simply reboots, back to the lockscreen. I have also tried on "Fastboot", to "fastboot reboot bootloader", and my Alcatel again reboots to the lockscreen. All the while, I activated the OEM unlocking switch/setting in the "developer options" of my phone, from the beginning, before I ever gave any commands?
    Why won't my Alcatel phone reboot into the "fastboot/bootloader" screen, where I could command "fastboot oem unlock"? Why does my phone respond to both programs, yet still she loads the lockscreen?
    I am new to all this, not really a tech savvy individual, just wanted a liberated operating system for my line of work...
    I need bootloader unlocked in order to root my device via computer, correct?
    I can not check to see if my bootloader is unlocked, not by abd tools, or by numerical code in my "dialer app". The app crashes, and any time I attempt the "fastboot oem device-info" command, no device is listed, only a <looking for a device> prompt of sorts appears. I have been told this may be because, the drivers were not installed properly, or the device was not properly connected under some other issue, and I can try to fix this error by reinstalling drivers... what would the issue be?
    I need help, and I would appreciate some guidance on rooting my Android, as there are not any threads in the forum, on this model of Alcatel, that I am aware of?
    I am doing all of this on a Windows 7 computer, in a Library, just so you all know. I ask for administrative approval for most things.

Thank you.
    tcl trackfone

Hello i was wondering if you ever got your phone rooted?
    Temporary mtk- root. Use init.d for always root
    Temporary mtk- root. Use init.d for always root

I can't possibly express how much I would love for you to elaborate on the 'use init.d for always root' part. Anyone else who knows, please jump in. Start by pretending I am an idiot. Then stop pretending and explain it to me as if I were an adult who needs a full-time minder. First one to help me achieve "always root" on this terrible, wretched, little excuse for an electronic device gets my undying gratitude and um, maybe some Google Play money? I am open to ideas here on that score. To reiterate, need help rooting my Tracfone TCL LX A502DL that has a castrated recovery (seriously, you can't flash anything from adb, the option is flat-out missing) and apparently no fastboot access AT ALL. I could do another seriously in parentheses, but you need to take my word for it w/o a bunch of examples. The bright spot is the vulnerability the device has to the mtk-su exploit. Get a # in like no time at all. Time elapsed from executing the file to getting the prompt is too short for my flesh computer to register (unless you -v, then about 1.5 seconds.) So how do I turn a root prompt into full root?