• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread
Mar 31, 2008
is it possible that its not working becasuse i can't choose 57600 for the baud rate in the trackme - gps settings. is there a reason why the highest rate is 14400? other gps programms are all working without any problems only trackme freezes when i hit "play". it freezes saying "trying to open com port..." the sqlservercompact 3.5 and the microsoft.net cf 3.5 are both installed as required and i tried to uninstall and reinstall trackme wihtout any changes :-/

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
is it possible that its not working becasuse i can't choose 57600 for the baud rate in the trackme - gps settings. is there a reason why the highest rate is 14400? other gps programms are all working without any problems only trackme freezes when i hit "play". it freezes saying "trying to open com port..." the sqlservercompact 3.5 and the microsoft.net cf 3.5 are both installed as required and i tried to uninstall and reinstall trackme wihtout any changes :-/

I don't think it's related.
Anyway, did you try to do what is mentioned in the first item of the FAQ?
Maybe that will resolve your problem.

Mar 31, 2008
i already tried various settings ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=1729037&postcount=1211 ) but none seem to work. the default was gps program port 8 and gps hardware port 4... (manage gps automatically is checked) navigon for example works just fine when i use com8 in the navigon settings and other applications work fine with com 8 too. but when i try using it in trackme it just freezes :( when i try com 4 in trackme (which is my hardware port) the gps indicator led starts to flash like it does in other gps applications and trackme does not freeze... but it wont get a connection to any satelites... trying the settings like in the thread from the faq wont work either...

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
New version available!!

ok... finally is here... it wasn't easy but I finally found the way to do it.
The stealth mode!

- Added new option to start the program minimized (Stealth mode). This option
is available under Config->General (Advanced settings)

I have tried it on 2 different PDAs, one with WM5 and another with WM6. It works fine on both. I hope you guys don't have any problems either.

Enjoy!

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
Staryon,

I just got my Touch enabled with GPS over the weekend, so i started playing with TrackMe. Overall its very,very nice, and seems to be solid (although my gps at this point isnt :p). I do have a few questions though.

1) Using an NMEA log file from my gps, I was able to create a .kml file that would actually give me time navigation in GE, so I could allow the .kml waypoint to move through the path in time, animating. Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong where I cant see the time navigation? (note this question isnt for the real time tracking

2) Is there a problem storing gps positions every 15 secs, or even every 10? I assume on a 3g bandwidth there shouldnt really be an issue.

3) What do your server stats look like? :)

4) I tried the send position by email today, and it did not work. This is due to the fact that I am running flexmail. Anychance of getting that to work with flexmail?

5) I see where you can change the gps sampling rate, but cannot see where the settings is to tell how frequently to upload to the server. I take it that is not a configurable event. I could see wanting to hold on to the data and only transmit upwards of 5/10 min bursts, although I really dont know how useful this would be.

I read through about 10% of the posts before I couldnt take it anymore :) Congrats on a really great program. Ive used it in conjunction with other gps apps and it rides along just fine.

Last edited:

tichuiche

Mar 28, 2008
Hi,

New version available!!
I have tried it on 2 different PDAs, one with WM5 and another with WM6. It works fine on both. I hope you guys don't have any problems either.
I have just tested the new version on a HTC TyTNII. (French version)

This new version functions perfectly, not of detected problem.

Large a thank you for this splendid program, and your constant improvements.

On the other hand, I always encounter problems for uploader the images on my server, the invariable response of this one is: error:403/Forbidden. (server is : infomaniak.ch)

Tank's a lot
Best regards

Nb: only for French users / Pour utilisateurs free.fr
the version serveur, does not function on the FAI "free.fr" certainly a problem with the CHMOD which one cannot adjusting.
<Je n'ai ps réussi à faire fonctionner le serveur chez free.fr, certainement le chmod que l'on ne peut régler chez eux.>

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi volwrath,

1) Using an NMEA log file from my gps, I was able to create a .kml file that would actually give me time navigation in GE, so I could allow the .kml waypoint to move through the path in time, animating. Is that possible? Am I doing something wrong where I cant see the time navigation? (note this question isnt for the real time tracking :)
Doesn't that work when you export data from TrackMe to a kml file?

2) Is there a problem storing gps positions every 15 secs, or even every 10? I assume on a 3g bandwidth there shouldnt really be an issue.
There are several reasons. One is because when you use the web viewer it will take a long time to load if you have so many positions (just imagine a 5 hour trip with all those positions) The same with Google Earth. It also looks very cluttered. On the other hand, since most users are using my free server and I already have thousands of users it could make the server to respond slower.

3) What do your server stats look like? :)
I haven't checked that in a long time. Not sure now.

4) I tried the send position by email today, and it did not work. This is due to the fact that I am running flexmail. Anychance of getting that to work with flexmail?
ok, I'll do some testing with flexmail.

Regards

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi,

I have just tested the new version on a HTC TyTNII. (French version)

This new version functions perfectly, not of detected problem.

Large a thank you for this splendid program, and your constant improvements.

On the other hand, I always encounter problems for uploader the images on my server, the invariable response of this one is: error:403/Forbidden. (server is : infomaniak.ch)

Tank's a lot
Best regards

Nb: only for French users / Pour utilisateurs free.fr
the version serveur, does not function on the FAI "free.fr" certainly a problem with the CHMOD which one cannot adjusting.
<Je n'ai ps réussi à faire fonctionner le serveur chez free.fr, certainement le chmod que l'on ne peut régler chez eux.>

Thanks for your comments! I hope you can resolve that issue with the permissions :)

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
Hi volwrath,
Doesn't that work when you export data from TrackMe to a kml file?

Nope does not work. If one clicks on the individual waypoints the bearings,
altitude, position show up, but in the upper right I see no time navigation display. Note this is for prerecorded tracks. From a nmea log converted with gpsbabel I do see the time navigation and can animate through the whole track. Its not a huge deal as I am just playing around.

ok, I'll do some testing with flexmail.
Regards

Cool thanks. I found a workaround was to sms to myself and then pull it up in flexmail and forward it, but that is somewhat clunky.

On another note, my company's websense has you blocked, so I cant show anyone your excellent app. Grr I might have to go get a godaddy webhost and attempt to install it myself. Although I have no experience with php or mysql, I have friends who do, so I might be able to pull it off.

Sep 1, 2007
How to you point trackme to personal server?

I can find or figure out who to point trackme to my local server. I installed the server locally and it works fine, other than theres no data.

darthjuanan

May 6, 2007
Funcionality, please...

It would be possible a new funcionality?

I think that we can record our positions and send this to the server each (for example) 1 hour (connecting via GPRS/3G and disconnecting).

In this way, the cost of the connection is more cheaper.

All the positions are recorded in the device (memory or SD, of course), and every time (one hour, 15 minutes,... configurable) the data will be send to a server to view via Google Maps (for example).

What do you think about?

Thx, and sorry for my bad, bad, english.

Bye.

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Anyone have an older copy of the self-managed server package?

I'm beginning to wonder if an update didn't kill it for me. It used to work, now it doesn't and I'm not the only one with permission issues uploading photos.

whk

Mar 8, 2008
Texas
Darth - that functionality is there already - you can specify how often it uploads and you can specify that it should disconnect after each upload. Get the latest version - your wishes have already been granted.
Bill

It would be possible a new funcionality?

I think that we can record our positions and send this to the server each (for example) 1 hour (connecting via GPRS/3G and disconnecting).

In this way, the cost of the connection is more cheaper.

All the positions are recorded in the device (memory or SD, of course), and every time (one hour, 15 minutes,... configurable) the data will be send to a server to view via Google Maps (for example).

What do you think about?

Thx, and sorry for my bad, bad, english.

Bye.

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
Darth - that functionality is there already - you can specify how often it uploads and you can specify that it should disconnect after each upload. Get the latest version - your wishes have already been granted.
Bill

I have the version 3.4.2.70 latest download, and I am not seeing those settings.

On the GPS tab I see the GPS disconnect button. On a side note I also see on that tab I see the log gps positions to a file. What does that checkmark do or why should I check it?

On the storage menu I see store gps positions every _ min and _ secs. I assume that tells the program the sampling rate for the gps. On the Live tracking tab, when I select Generate GPX file, it says that feature is not currently available, but I see it is in the todo's.

Finally on the remote screen I see username/pass, connection timeout (i assume that is in secs) and an offline data section. What I don't see is where to tell the phone to upload the coordinates every __ secs, unless that is the connection timeout ?!?

Thanks

whk

Mar 8, 2008
Texas
So - If you set it to upload every "x" minutes/seconds, and then on the GPS tab check disconnect/connect GPS between uploads, does that not fix your issues?
Bill

I have the version 3.4.2.70 latest download, and I am not seeing those settings.

On the GPS tab I see the GPS disconnect button. On a side note I also see on that tab I see the log gps positions to a file. What does that checkmark do or why should I check it?

On the storage menu I see store gps positions every _ min and _ secs. I assume that tells the program the sampling rate for the gps. On the Live tracking tab, when I select Generate GPX file, it says that feature is not currently available, but I see it is in the todo's.

Finally on the remote screen I see username/pass, connection timeout (i assume that is in secs) and an offline data section. What I don't see is where to tell the phone to upload the coordinates every __ secs, unless that is the connection timeout ?!?

Thanks

volwrath

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville
So - If you set it to upload every "x" minutes/seconds, and then on the GPS tab check disconnect/connect GPS between uploads, does that not fix your issues?
Bill

Well, first of all its not really an issue for me, I am just trying to see how this works. Say I wanted to samples gps coordinates every 3 mins and then upload those 20 coordinates every hour. What would be the proper settings to configure? How about a sample every 15 seconds but only uploaded once/hour?

I guess my question is does the Store GPS position every __ tell the frequency of coordinates to download or the actual time to update remotely, or both. My guess would be both in remote mode, ie there is not currently a way to do what darthjuanan has asked, except to store locally, and then upload manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir