luisespinosa.com
DOWNLOAD
Click here to download the latest version

REQUIREMENTS
Devices running Windows Mobile 5 or 6 for Pocket PC or Smartphones

Microsoft Compact Framework 3.5 Download from here
SQL Server Mobile 3.5 Download from here

ICON SETS
Just unzip it and copy files to the Icons folder.
Classic
Modern

FAQ
Click here to see the FAQ

DOCUMENTATION AND QUICK START GUIDE
Tutorial

HOW TO USE YOUR OWN SERVER
Click here for instructions

CUSTOM WEB VIEWER DEVELOPMENT AND USER PLUGINS
Click here to visit the thread

RELEASE HISTORY
Click here to check the Release History

DESCRIPTION
Hi all,

I have been trying for a while to find some GPS/CellID tracking programs that work fine but most of them are buggy and not very accurate. That's why I decided to write my own!

Features:

- Ability to generate KML and GPX files that can be opened with any tool that supports that type of file.
- Realtime tracking with Google Earth or Google Maps.
- You can create and manage your own trips
- No internet connection is needed when using TrackMe (Offline mode)
- Ability to display your current position on your PDA
- Geofence with SMS and email notifications
- You can send your current position by email or sms to other person
- Ability to upload pictures. TrackMe will extract the GPS information/Creation date (if any)
from the pictures and it will match it with your existing GPS data
- Search for closest user based on your last uploaded position
- GPS powersave mode available
- You can use your own server instead of my free server
- Stealth mode
- You can force updates with your own custom icon and comments.

comb1.jpg

Google Earth:

gecomb.jpg

Google Maps:

gm1.jpg

Web browser viewer
By pammetje, mcross and jcleek

jcleek1.jpg

Please visit this thread to see other viewers

If you guys are interested in this program I will keep it updated, otherwise this will be probably one of the last versions!

Please leave your comments, suggestions and ideas here.

Have fun!

Regards

You can Donate if you like my tools. That's always a good motivation for future developments!! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: poyensa

kireol

Sep 25, 2007
Royal Oak, MI
that's pretty dope! Where does it upload the data to? Any chance of sharing the source code and people could add to it? maybe open source it?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks kireol.

Right now it's uploading the information to the mysql database that I have with my web hosting.

Regarding the source code... I think it could be a good idea. Maybe once the program is completely stable I may do it. Thanks for your suggestion.

kireol

Sep 25, 2007
Royal Oak, MI
for sure man, you did a great job! And I for one would love to get involved. I was a programmer at Ford for 15 years(C++/PHP/Perl/Java) until those jobs went to India and forced me to throw away my college degree. I've been dieing to get back into programming (5 years now). This last weekend I snagged MS visual studio .net and the wm6 sdk and started compiling. This might b a good transition for me to get back into thinking that way, if you decide you'd like to OS it that is :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Great tool!!!
Just one question, how do we create an account?
Thanks

Iskatar

Thanks ishkatar.

You just need to go to Config, and enter there a username and password.
The account is created automatically as soon as you start uploading GPS data.

If for any reason the username already exists or there is any other error, you will be notified.

laakness

Oct 9, 2007
Very cool.

Maybe you could release the table structure and a way for people to host their own data...like a personal web app.

ishkatar

Oct 21, 2007
Thanks ishkatar.

You just need to go to Config, and enter there a username and password.
The account is created automatically as soon as you start uploading GPS data.

If for any reason the username already exists or there is any other error, you will be notified.
Wow ... works perfectly!!! I just did a test walk around my office and it mapped it perfectly!!! Good work Staryon. I'm really eager to see how you did it.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks a lot for all your comments. That really encourages me to keep updating the software.

laakness, at this moment the data is inserted into the mysql tables by using HTTP calls. My website gets the HTTP call and depending on the command it will do the specified task. That means that what you mention it would work if they have a website with PHP and a mysql database. A nice feature that I could add in the future is to make the inserts directly to the database instead of using HTTP calls.
However this is something that may not work for many web hostings because they usually don't allow access to mysql from external applications (which is my case by the way)

For the KML files (Google Earth's files) I used a structure that I liked in one of the tools that I found that does something similar to this. I made some modifications though.

Last edited:

XDAII

Dec 23, 2003
I have not yet installed it but it looks really cool from the screen shots. I have been using 3DTracking (free) but it is not without its problems and does not look as comprehensive as this. Does it carry on logging position after you power-down (standby) the Kaiser? 3DTracking does and its a real pain as it means you have to keep the screen on all the time!!

laakness

Oct 9, 2007
Thanks for the info.

I actually do host my own site using PHP/Apache/Mysql which is why I was asking :)

laakness

Oct 9, 2007
I have not yet installed it but it looks really cool from the screen shots. I have been using 3DTracking (free) but it is not without its problems and does not look as comprehensive as this. Does it carry on logging position after you power-down (standby) the Kaiser? 3DTracking does and its a real pain as it means you have to keep the screen on all the time!!

This app lets you shut the screen off which is great. This app also alows you to set your upload and update intervals. They are great and needed options.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks for the info.

I actually do host my own site using PHP/Apache/Mysql which is why I was asking :)

Very good. In that case I can provide everything that you need to use your website.

However, I will have to make it some changes in my code because at this moment the HTTP calls are hardcoded to my website. Once I have this done I will post it here.

laakness

Oct 9, 2007
Very good. In that case I can provide everything that you need to use your website.

However, I will have to make it some changes in my code because at this moment the HTTP calls are hardcoded to my website. Once I have this done I will post it here.

Very cool, thanks a lot. Your work is much appreciated.

apbtlvr

Oct 1, 2007
Vienna, VA
Re: Announcing *TrackMe 1.0.0* GPS Tracking tool with Google Earth

Very cool indeed…
We must be neighbors of a sort. I work in Herndon (Worldgate) and was pretty surprised to a bird’s eye view of my office. Hope you aren’t getting stuck doing that toll road shuffle for an am commute – lol.

JorSlz

Oct 28, 2007
Allentown, PA
I installed it on my Wing, but it is not responding.

first error I got. unable to open port 4

I changed to port 1 and what I get is - waiting for gps respond.

not working for me.

Do I have to be outside the house for this or online?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Very cool indeed…
We must be neighbors of a sort. I work in Herndon (Worldgate) and was pretty surprised to a bird’s eye view of my office. Hope you aren’t getting stuck doing that toll road shuffle for an am commute – lol.

lol... don't tell me. That toll road has become a nightmare every day and it's getting worse and worse...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir