Question Trade in lock bypass?

Search This thread

Parzival__

Nov 18, 2021
Always a risk when you guy items from individuals. The one thing for sure, if the deal is too good to be true, it usually is sketchy.
We'll see I didn't think it was too good to be true per se if I bought it for $900 that's only $300 off and it was a slightly used phone I figured that was pretty fair considering it's a brand new phone pretty much yet slightly used but you live you learn

Parzival__

Nov 18, 2021
That phone is locked via knox. Nothing you can do unless you contact samsung and give them proof of your transaction then from there it's either they will help you or wont care at all.
I know someone who has bypassed iOS stuff for my brothers iPhone when he got duped and he says he's got a way to bypass it. I've used the guys services in question multiple times for friends, family, whoever and all of his services were as promised so idk we'll see.

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted}
The max trade in is now $1200 off! $1000 for Fold 3 and $200 for iPad Pro 11 or higher.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 11.20.48.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 11.20.48.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 150
Last edited by a moderator:

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Pretty much. It's an honor system much like a newspaper box. These prats are no different than the ones that drop money in the paper box, open the door and then clear out the box handing them out to people like they're the good guy!

The disabling of the device and notification serves as a deterrence for non payment but has no effect on someone that hawks it off. Another risk is buying a phone with an EIP balance and the seller cancels or stops paying the bill. The carrier blacklists the IMEI and the buyer is stuck with a non working device although in the case with the Samsung lock it sounds like nothing can be used vs. not having cell service.

Either case, scumbags and scumbags and the honest folk have to pay for it.

lalew25

Dec 8, 2014
So update. Sorry it took too long to respond I had a bit of a family situation happen. But yes I ended up calling Samsung after getting the runaround for a while and he bought it with promise of trading in and they did not fulfill the trade in and they couldn't charge the card on file so they blocked the phone. The guys has ghosted me. Social disappeared, phone number "Not available" so I think it's clear what I fell for. Since I bought it for $900 I don't know what he selected for trade in but right now you can get the highest trade in for the fold three at $1,000 so I'm going to bet dollars to donuts the guy promised to trade in a Galaxy fold 3 and bought this s22 ultra for dirt cheap and then resold it for hundreds more than what he paid. Thankfully I had a backup phone. There is a guy on Twitter that I've dealt with in the past for 3rd party aim unlocks his name is @mnmobileguy and they've almost perfected a method to bypass this lock so I may not have ended up with a $900 paperweight after all. I've used him before when my brother bought an iphone off of Facebook and turns out it was MDM managed so it was locked and he was able to bypass it. So I'm sure he's capable of removing this. iOS is a lot more secure than Android.
So this exact thing happened to me today. Were you able to successfully get it bypassed? If so, and you don't mind, DM me with the info so I can get my paperweight working again.

Reactions: Braain
D

Deleted member 7436581

The other thing is you probably should get a screenshot of the persons drivers license when making a purchase for such a large amount of money. That way the Police know where they live and they got a photo as well. If the seller is not willing to provide that info to you then stay away. I am not gonna send somebody $900 on the internet and just hope they willl send me what they promised without fully checking them out first.
This is why when I sell my old tech on Craigslist (I prefer to do it that way, I get rid of my old tech faster) I always insist on meeting at the police station. Many around the country here in the US have dedicated "swap spots" where it's monitored 24/7.

I've had a couple buyers refuse to meet there and that was enough for me to cancel the transaction.

Reactions: verszipo and dj24

Raza339

Jan 11, 2011
So this exact thing happened to me today. Were you able to successfully get it bypassed? If so, and you don't mind, DM me with the info so I can get my paperweight working again.
So I ended up being fooled the same way. Bought it in person - everything was working fine and then a week and a half later the phone was locked by Samsung. I have called them 5-6 times and sent email proof of our conversation. First, they wouldn't give me any information as it was "not my account the phone was bought on". Eventually, they said it was due to faulty trade in and they could do nothing for me.

So I have a brick as well now. Please let me know if any of you have found a way to fix this mess.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So I ended up being fooled the same way. Bought it in person - everything was working fine and then a week and a half later the phone was locked by Samsung. I have called them 5-6 times and sent email proof of our conversation. First, they wouldn't give me any information as it was "not my account the phone was bought on". Eventually, they said it was due to faulty trade in and they could do nothing for me.

So I have a brick as well now. Please let me know if any of you have found a way to fix this mess.
Run the IMEI and see if it's blacklisted.
See if Samsung will tell you who locked it out ie a phone carrier. Deal with them.
If the seller sold you a stolen phone or one that was blacklisted you may have legal recourse.

In the future pay with a card and buy from reputable venders.
Lots of scamming going on.

WZDISMINE

Account currently disabled
Jan 19, 2021
I see there more people talking about security on samsung and iphone. Show me someone unlock the knox. When samsung phone it's locked using knox, and You lost the phone or password, you just need change a motherboard. Or There just samsung can fix knox.

XRaiderV18

May 12, 2019
always get a reciept and or pay with a tracible payment method that can be used to show payment made, and always shop ONLY with a reputable seller. in the used mobile device market..its unfortunately all about protecting yourself.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
So I bought a S22 Ultra off Facebook marketplace for $900 I did an imei check with my carrier and confirmed it wasn't stolen or anything of that nature and we set it up on my account in store with the guy present and confirmed it worked. Fast forward a week I wake up to a nice message on my phone that Samsung has blocked my device due to incomplete trade in and that I need to contact Samsung to fix it. Cant use the phone at all. I have a $900 paper weight. Does anyone know of a bypass for this? Will rooting it give me the ability to get around this?
When I saw this, I immediately went to Samsung.com. Because I to was going to trade in my phone.. They originally gave me $100.. So I decided that I was not going to trade it in, just keep it, and sell it.. Well the day (05/13) they tried to charge my card and it failed.. That was because my card was cancelled by my banks fraud services. Because someone tried to charg $433.77 on line at a grocery story the previous night.. They know my spending habbits, and 1) I never shop at the store in question 2) especially at night. 3) I was already in bed sleeping.. So I just updated my payment method using my wife card, because it will be 5-10 days before I get a new one..

D

Deleted member 7436581

always get a reciept and or pay with a tracible payment method that can be used to show payment made, and always shop ONLY with a reputable seller. in the used mobile device market..its unfortunately all about protecting yourself.
The other reason I don't buy used personal mobile tech like phones is that I've seen the places and stuff people do with their phones.

No thanks.

ninerdriver

May 30, 2022
So I bought a S22 Ultra off Facebook marketplace for $900 I did an imei check with my carrier and confirmed it wasn't stolen or anything of that nature and we set it up on my account in store with the guy present and confirmed it worked. Fast forward a week I wake up to a nice message on my phone that Samsung has blocked my device due to incomplete trade in and that I need to contact Samsung to fix it. Cant use the phone at all. I have a $900 paper weight. Does anyone know of a bypass for this? Will rooting it give me the ability to get around this?
Well, i'm in the same boat. Ad from local classified, paid $700 for S22 Ultra. In person, at his apartment (i know his address and full name), ran the IMEI for lost or stolen and it was clean. About 3 weeks later phone 'disabled by samsung' for trade-in issue. Seller answered my call initially and claimed he would call samsung to figure it out. He even called me back and said they would send him a pin in 24 hrs because they messed up something with the trade. He's ghosted me now for 5 days.

I contacted Samsung and got transferred to 4 different depts before giving up. I just want to know the trade in balance and if they'll let me just pay it. I know he used the device with verizon so i wonder if going into the verizon store would help....?

I paid via venmo, we have a text thread showing i bought the device. I'm wondering if i have recourse in small claims court....or if that's even worth it

Parzival_ or Raza339 any luck with a bypass or help from samsung?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Well, i'm in the same boat. Ad from local classified, paid $700 for S22 Ultra. In person, at his apartment (i know his address and full name), ran the IMEI for lost or stolen and it was clean. About 3 weeks later phone 'disabled by samsung' for trade-in issue. Seller answered my call initially and claimed he would call samsung to figure it out. He even called me back and said they would send him a pin in 24 hrs because they messed up something with the trade. He's ghosted me now for 5 days.

I contacted Samsung and got transferred to 4 different depts before giving up. I just want to know the trade in balance and if they'll let me just pay it. I know he used the device with verizon so i wonder if going into the verizon store would help....?

I paid via venmo, we have a text thread showing i bought the device. I'm wondering if i have recourse in small claims court....or if that's even worth it

Talk to a detective see if you can file a theft by deception complaint against them.
Take them to small claims court for full amount plus court costs.

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx

You would win hands down in small claims court. Sue for your time as well.

XRaiderV18

May 12, 2019
I think its wrong that people are essentially getting screwed over in this way, samsung should be willing to help in some fashion when a bill of sale is presented, showing someone purchased the phone in a tracable manner, like off fb marketplace.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I think its wrong that people are essentially getting screwed over in this way, samsung should be willing to help in some fashion when a bill of sale is presented, showing someone purchased the phone in a tracable manner, like off fb marketplace.
The seller is to blame for not paying off their phone and misrepresenting the device's status.
Samsung is not the culprit here... furthermore its IMEI may get blacklisted eventually as well.

Reactions: gcogger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's samsungs fault at first. Here in Turkey, you pay full price. After they receive trade-in device they refund discount amount to you. This is the only way to stop such thing.
    The other thing is you probably should get a screenshot of the persons drivers license when making a purchase for such a large amount of money. That way the Police know where they live and they got a photo as well. If the seller is not willing to provide that info to you then stay away. I am not gonna send somebody $900 on the internet and just hope they willl send me what they promised without fully checking them out first.
    That's the new way, they allow multiple trade in devices so the scumbag will select devices with the highest trade in to bring down the purchase price to the lowest possible level and sell it on arrival making hundreds in profits.

I read about this somewhere just recently. The bad guys are sure creative in figuring out how to game the system. Around here we have to be very careful of FB Marketplace. Sometimes it seems there are way more sketchy stolen items on it than legitimate items.
    Always a risk when you guy items from individuals. The one thing for sure, if the deal is too good to be true, it usually is sketchy.
    I'm hoping OP updates us, I wanna know whats going on with this rather strange story.