Trade in or not to Trade in?

Search This thread

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
I recently picked up the G4 for $99 to avoid being charged an extra $20/month for my unlimited data.
I'm coming from the G3, which I loved. My question is, does anyone think development of any ROMs will happen?
I remembereh when I got the G3, the same thing was happening, no development, then over night it exploded. My G4 came with 11a, which is nice except the miserable touch experience. Any thoughts, should I sell it and get something different, or ride out the storm and hope for the best? Sorry for all the rambling.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hoodieNation

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
I came from the G2 so I honestly don't know how to answer your question. Things are pretty grim here on the verizon side.

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks for the responce, I'll ride it out for a week or two, then just sell my g4 if a new update or development doesn't aspire.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I recently picked up the G4 for $99 to avoid being charged an extra $20/month for my unlimited data.
I'm coming from the G3, which I loved. My question is, does anyone think development of any ROMs will happen?
I remembereh when I got the G3, the same thing was happening, no development, then over night it exploded. My G4 came with 11a, which is nice except the miserable touch experience. Any thoughts, should I sell it and get something different, or ride out the storm and hope for the best? Sorry for all the rambling.

If you're looking for development, this isn't the droid you're looking for.

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
What everyone else said, this device is doomed right now in terms of development for anyone who is above 10b.

Reactions: jzmax22

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Ha, best quote on here! Thanks for the responses guys, tough desicion. This is a great phone, but I think I might go with the Nexus 6, the 6p is to expensive. The nexus 5 is nice as well, just seems like downgrade. Ideas?

drmalenko

Jun 8, 2011
Give them the phone back and get your unlimited data back, if you really don't want the unlimited you can give it to someone or sell it...

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Give them the phone back and get your unlimited data back, if you really don't want the unlimited you can give it to someone or sell it...
I still have my unlimited, I transferredkm my Upgrade to my second line, then just put my SIM in the new phone, works everytime.

So I have ad guy interested in trading his Nexus 6 for many G4, should I pull the trigger?

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
I still have my unlimited, I transferredkm my Upgrade to my second line, then just put my SIM in the new phone, works everytime.

So I have ad guy interested in trading his Nexus 6 for many G4, should I pull the trigger?

Absolutely not! The Nexus 6 can be purchased new for $289. The G4 still retails for $499 I believe, if it's still new you could easily sell it for $350-$400.

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Absolutely not! The Nexus 6 can be purchased new for $289. The G4 still retails for $499 I believe, if it's still new you could easily sell it for $350-$400.
That's what thought, thanks. The 6 is to big for me anyways, I have a feeling development will eventually happen. Right now I'm happy with root and hotspot working, just wish there was a fix for the touchscreen issues. They are getting old quick.

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
That's what thought, thanks. The 6 is to big for me anyways, I have a feeling development will eventually happen. Right now I'm happy with root and hotspot working, just wish there was a fix for the touchscreen issues. They are getting old quick.

Don't forget Xposed, I have a guide on that here as well.

Personally I don't think any development will come. I had the G2, G3, and G4, and with each new model there was less and less dev support. From what I heard you need to be on 10b for the possible bootloader exploit, but most of us are past that version now.

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Don't forget Xposed, I have a guide on that here as well.

Personally I don't think any development will come. I had the G2, G3, and G4, and with each new model there was less and less dev support. From what I heard you need to be on 10b for the possible bootloader exploit, but most of us are past that version now.
Link for guide? Never really loved xposed, but what the heck, I'll give it a go.

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
Link for guide? Never really loved xposed, but what the heck, I'll give it a go.

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g4/general/guide-install-xposed-verizon-g4-t3182267

Get G4 Tweaksbox if you install Xposed.

New ones are going on Swappa for $300, and mint N6s for about the same, maybe a hair less.
I just sold mine a week ago used for $360. New ones are selling for anywhere between $310-$350. Still more than a Nexus 6 new for $289.

If you wanted to flip a phone, the G4 is one of the worst honestly. You should have gotten an iPhone or Note5.

h_10

Nov 3, 2010
Question. I think I can live with root and freezing the LG UI bloat stuff. The main question is are the new models fixed for the touchscreen issue? I'm seeing new ones for sale on swappa. They have manufacture dates of 08/2015. Are August production phones free of the touchscreen issue?

wekurtz74

Jul 17, 2012
I just received a May 2015 g4 from best buy. Still on 10b. They keep trying to force an update. I will try to keep stalling. Was it 11 update that introduced the touchscreen issues? I don't want to root yet because I want Android pay.

killswitch23456

Oct 23, 2010
New York
I just received a May 2015 g4 from best buy. Still on 10b. They keep trying to force an update. I will try to keep stalling. Was it 11 update that introduced the touchscreen issues? I don't want to root yet because I want Android pay.

If you root, then install xposed...you can install root cloak for Android Pay. It works perfectly for me. Just don't try and open Android Pay between the time that you root it and install Root Cloak (and add it to the cloaking list).

wekurtz74

Jul 17, 2012
If you root, then install xposed...you can install root cloak for Android Pay. It works perfectly for me. Just don't try and open Android Pay between the time that you root it and install Root Cloak (and add it to the cloaking list).
Does xposed drain the battery on the g4? I had it on the g3 and it ruined battery life.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sell it and get a Nexus device. I almost threw mine to the wall many times because of the touch screen.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

What everyone else said, this device is doomed right now in terms of development for anyone who is above 10b.