Question Transfering data from iPhone to Pixel Pro 6 doesn't work

Search This thread

Lianai

Aug 24, 2011
Hi!

For hours I've unsuccessfully been trying to transfer all my data from my iphone 12 mini to my new Pixel 6 Pro using the new fonctionality from Android 12.

I'm using the usb-c to lightning cable given with the iphone, but it just doesn't work. I mean, my Pixel sees it, it begins to prepare the transfer but then stays stuck at the "calculating the time remaining" step. I tried with another cable, I tried with debugging activated and I even installed Android 13 with hope it was just a bug, but nothing changed.

Do you have any ideas why I can't make the trasnfer? Do you think using iOS 16 beta can be the cause?

Thank you for your help ;)

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Do you think using iOS 16 beta can be the cause?

It's certainly possible that's the culprit. It's common that manufacturers don't officially support other manufacturers' beta products - they wait until it's out of beta, and it's final. Otherwise, the fixes to their products become a constantly moving target as newer beta versions come out.

Try checking here?

Reactions: FoneWatcher

Lianai

Aug 24, 2011
That's what I think too. I'll downgrade to test if it works. Again some risky steps to come...

Edit : Ok, I confirm, it was an issue with iOS 16. Downgrading to iOS 15 was the solution. Thank you! ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Lianai

Aug 24, 2011
Yeah, you can do it quite easily with iTunes, but you have to edit a file (Info.plist) in the backup folder you made before the downgrade so that iTunes won't see it as a backup from a newer version of iOS (it's impossible to use a newer backup without this edit).

So now everything is working fine.

• Love

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, you can do it quite easily with iTunes, but you have to edit a file (Info.plist) in the backup folder you made before the downgrade so that iTunes won't see it as a backup from a newer version of iOS (it's impossible to use a newer backup without this edit).

Awesome! I'm frankly surprised it was that "easy". I'm glad you found the solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you think using iOS 16 beta can be the cause?

It's certainly possible that's the culprit. It's common that manufacturers don't officially support other manufacturers' beta products - they wait until it's out of beta, and it's final. Otherwise, the fixes to their products become a constantly moving target as newer beta versions come out.

Try checking here?
    Let us know how it goes. I had no idea Apple lets users downgrade iOS versions, at least on Betas.
    yeah you can, you just press a key(shift or ctrl, I forget which) and click restore in iTunes and select the IPSW file you want to install.