Transparent Notification Tray in Zeus.

Search This thread

wagstuff13

Mar 3, 2012
I was wondering how I could make the notifications tray transparent in the Zeus rom. I dont want to change anything else in the rom. Is there a file I could modify, or a flashable zip I could flash?

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

theaks30

Jan 11, 2012
go to uot..dakra.lt/kitchen/
then go to "file upload tab" upload the framework.res.apk, systemui.apk and do the rest

then go to the "status bar" tab and click use this mod
now check the transparency in status bar

finally go to summary and wait to collect your work
flash it via cwm ;)

wagstuff13

Mar 3, 2012
go to uot..dakra.lt/kitchen/
then go to "file upload tab" upload the framework.res.apk, systemui.apk and do the rest

then go to the "status bar" tab and click use this mod
now check the transparency in status bar

finally go to summary and wait to collect your work
flash it via cwm ;)

Thanks. I knew you could do it this way but i wondered if there was a faster way.

t0g3

Aug 20, 2011
you can do it by yourself.
For first start you can read this tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1225432

For make notification area background to transparent, the file that you need to modify is status_bar_background.png in SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi
(Open SystemUI.apk using winrar)

You can modify that status_bar_background.png to transparent using image editor (photoshop, etc) or use other png file that already transparent. For example, you can take status_bar_background.png from LG UI 3 Theme, drag and drop it to your SystemUI.apk like in Huexxx tutorial, then push it to /system/app

wagstuff13

Mar 3, 2012
you can do it by yourself.
For first start you can read this tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1225432

For make notification area background to transparent, the file that you need to modify is status_bar_background.png in SystemUI.apk\res\drawable-hdpi
(Open SystemUI.apk using winrar)

You can modify that status_bar_background.png to transparent using image editor (photoshop, etc) or use other png file that already transparent. For example, you can take status_bar_background.png from LG UI 3 Theme, drag and drop it to your SystemUI.apk like in Huexxx tutorial, then push it to /system/app

I copied my SystemUI.apk to the root of my sd using Root Explorer. I then connected to my pc. Then I replaced the status_bar_background.png with the one in the SystemUI.apk from the LG UI 3 theme. I then moved the SystemUI.apk back to my /system/app/ folder an rebooted. All that did was make my whole status bar dissapear and unusable. Where did I go wrong?