[TREBLE][PORT] Android P-Pie for Moto G5 Plus [07/08/2018]

Search This thread

Dahenjo

Oct 18, 2014
CT
I've had this port installed and working on my phone Moto G5 Plus for the last few days. I managed to get the start-up message "There is a problem with your device" removed with a kernel update to AceKernel 30. I also got Ambient Display working with Ambi-Tuner. The WiFi and Bluetooth issue was still there, but I have been able to manage that.

I tried to install some Magisk modules but they kept failing because I was unable to mount. Using Magisk is new to me. I moved on and tried to install AdAway. I chose not to reboot when AdAway asked because I wanted to check the systemless state of Magisk before I did that. I switched it on in Magisk, and then rebooted.

Oh no! I'm stuck in a bootloop. Not seeing the Google logo on start up. I can boot into recovery. I've tried to wipe, format, reboot a few times. Still stuck. Do I need to reflash something again?

The start-up msg was a known 'feature' of the v1.18 AceKernel for the original PR1 release, it was stated to ignore it in OP but appears to be removed after v1.20 fixed the issue.

I wasn't using it, but just switched on 'Systemless hosts' in Magisk settings (is that what you were referring to?) and was able to reboot normally. Are you still having the boot problems? Were the Magisk modules TWRP flashable ones? Usually they're installed from within the Magisk Manager app under Downloads in the menu, but I've never had them fail either way. What you mean by unable to mount, mount what, your SD? Sounds like something got majorly hosed though and if still the case a full wipe & complete reinstall might be necessary.

Anilpandit2000

Oct 21, 2016
Last edited:

Anilpandit2000

Oct 21, 2016

Attachments

• 00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180827150153167_COVER.jpg
    00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180827150153167_COVER.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Reactions: zyiks

Anilpandit2000

Oct 21, 2016
Setting > BSG mod settings > Manuel fixed back level offset > fix back level front camera charge to -16.00
Thanks... its work..

but photos quality not good...
I'm using Google camera on Pixel experience rom, which camera quality very good..

* Face retouching features not available on Urikill camera app?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

any one tell me .
Double tap to wake screen and Lift the phone wake screen really not working ?

Yeshu_bablu

Dec 11, 2016
The settings app doesn't open. It just shows a white screen. Also, the wifi doesn't seem to work all the times. Flash light has the same issue. Is there something I can do to fix this?

misterharbies

Mar 13, 2010
Wellington
OnePlus 7
The start-up msg was a known 'feature' of the v1.18 AceKernel for the original PR1 release, it was stated to ignore it in OP but appears to be removed after v1.20 fixed the issue.

I wasn't using it, but just switched on 'Systemless hosts' in Magisk settings (is that what you were referring to?) and was able to reboot normally. Are you still having the boot problems? Were the Magisk modules TWRP flashable ones? Usually they're installed from within the Magisk Manager app under Downloads in the menu, but I've never had them fail either way. What you mean by unable to mount, mount what, your SD? Sounds like something got majorly hosed though and if still the case a full wipe & complete reinstall might be necessary.

I've resorted to doing it all over again. The systemless host settings is Magisk is now on and everything booted normally. I don't know what really happened, and am now able to install the modules.

Thanks for your help anyways :) Onwards and upwards!

Heretic1988

Oct 27, 2012
Odd problem with Bluetooth...When connected to my car, I hear dialing/ringing through the car's speakers, but when the call is answered, the voice goes through the phone's mic and speakers. Any suggestions for that?
Also, I see that POST-sGSI_3_v0.5.zip is available. Can I flash that over POST-sGSI_v0.2.zip?

I got the same issue :(. Anyone having a fix for this?

RaTa22

Nov 28, 2013
Buenos Aires
Problems during incall. I can receive and make calls, but there's no sound (even from my or the other phone). Also Whatsapp calls through BT devices makes some robotic sounds and the wifi turns itself off. Is someone having problems like that? That's the only thing that doesn't work. Wifi and BT works properly. Flashed voLTE enabler trough Magisk hoping that solve the problem but didn't work.

Anilpandit2000

Oct 21, 2016
I'm using Google camera on Pixel experience rom (8.1) which camera quality very good..
This Rom very good work but
* Face retouching features not available on Urikill camera app ?

any one tell me which camera best... on this Rom

Attachments

• IMG-20180828-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20180828-WA0001.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 556
Reactions: mmbdemedeiros

jbardi

Sep 27, 2007
Since PixelExperience is pretty much the same thing as this ROM, why are we re-inventing the wheel? The maintainer of the PixelExperience ROM for the Moto G5 Plus has moved on to his new phone, so it looks like we need a new maintainer over at PixelExprience for our phone model. Would be nice if GtrCraft simply used PixelExperience's more stable source instead of a completely different ROM that is also an AOSP, clean Pixel version of Pie, only with all the Moto features already present, such as fingerprint navigation and chop/chop, without third party apps. Just doesn't make any sense to have 2 ROMs, when PixelExperience is well established and ready to go, if someone would just take up the mantle of maintainer for the Moto G5 Plus. All the other phone model maintainers are releasing PixelExperience Pie for their respective devices, but we are kind of left out in the cold at the moment.

gborfitz

Mar 30, 2012
Santa Fe
Since PixelExperience is pretty much the same thing as this ROM, why are we re-inventing the wheel? The maintainer of the PixelExperience ROM for the Moto G5 Plus has moved on to his new phone, so it looks like we need a new maintainer over at PixelExprience for our phone model. Would be nice if GtrCraft simply used PixelExperience's more stable source instead of a completely different ROM that is also an AOSP, clean Pixel version of Pie, only with all the Moto features already present, such as fingerprint navigation and chop/chop, without third party apps. Just doesn't make any sense to have 2 ROMs, when PixelExperience is well established and ready to go, if someone would just take up the mantle of maintainer for the Moto G5 Plus. All the other phone model maintainers are releasing PixelExperience Pie for their respective devices, but we are kind of left out in the cold at the moment.

Wow... You have no idea dude.
There's no "we" since "they" are the devs and make whathever ROM THEY want.
PE is an Oreo ROM, this is Pie. NOT the same Android version.
It make sense having 2 ROMs. In fact make a lot of sense having as much ROMs as we can build because that would meant that people have interest on build, learn, colaborate, developing things on Android. Behind each ROM are a dev that work hard, so each ROM make sense.
Regards.

giociampa

Feb 22, 2012
Trowbridge
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G 5G Plus
There's no "we" since "they" are the devs and make whathever ROM THEY want.
Whilst true - and I've no problem with that - if this is the case then I'm (hopefully) pragmatic enough to move on and try another.

PE is an Oreo ROM, this is Pie. NOT the same Android version.
There is a Treble PE Pie build out there already (admittedly an unofficial one right now)
I tried flashing the PE Pie image the other day (over this one) but I'm assuming I did something wrong as it failed to go beyond the boot screen - I wonder, therefore, should flashing the system partition suffice, given that the vendor partition was updated when installing this - or have I missed some vital step? (Any pointers gratefully received by the way)

fer198309

May 20, 2018
hello, a doubt, who can answer I thank you.
because when I try to install any rom Pie 9 in the g5 plus it starts and gets a black relation swimming pool not giving to do anything, in the oreo normal wheel, pq ne all pie 9 gsi gets that black teka pisano at the beginning of the rom ????? ???

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Ahhhh holiday hooby whatyy,,,say that again in English LOL

hello, a doubt, who can answer I thank you.
because when I try to install any rom Pie 9 in the g5 plus it starts and gets a black relation swimming pool not giving to do anything, in the oreo normal wheel, pq ne all pie 9 gsi gets that black teka pisano at the beginning of the rom ????? ???

MAME Arcade

Aug 8, 2014
Has anyone had issues with receiving notifications? I get calls and texts from other apps, but I don't get the notification itself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    a92119e4565617c78f79e.jpg

This is a Android P Pie for Moto G5 Plus. Its a semi-GSI ported from Pixel XL.
    UPDATE 2- Android P Pie has been released by google. All links have been updated for new Android P (PR1) gsi.

Credits:
    - Martichou - For Fixing SDcard, Moto Actions and Kernel Support For P
    - Kev - For Fixing FingerPrint
    - Kev and Pedro Kalil and @Shivvvv- For Fixing Camera
    - Shivvvv -For Fixing VoLTE and Testing All Things.
    - erfanoabdi - For P GSI
    - Potter Community

ATTENTION
    If you were on DP5 earlier then Download the following files again , they are updated
    - All files from PR1 folder (Do not download the AB system zip)
    - Volte-cam-fp-lag-fix-potter-final-p.zip

What You need:
    1- Lineage OS Treble Build by Anshuman
    2- All files from PR1 folder . (Do not download P-PR1-sGSI-AB.zip)
    3- Treble Kernel with sdcard and wifi (Download any version you like) fix By Martichou.
    4- Magisk 16.7 Beta (for root)
    5- VoLTE ,Camera, FP and Lag Fix Final P (One Zip)
    6- Treble TWRP by me

Download currently working Gcams with no focus issue from here .
    Other Gcams might have focus issue.
    Portrait mode is working on Urikill Gcam, Use the settings Given Here
    Moto Gestures Works (Predefined Back, Recent, Home, Longpress. The moto action option in setting is broken, do not complain)

How To Flash:
    You don't need to wipe internal storage or format it, U can proceed with given instructions .If it does not work then format and flash these things again.
    0- Backup your data :p (Just in case if something goes wrong)
    1- Wipe system/cache/dalvik cache/data
    2- Flash Lineage OS Treble Build
    3- Wipe data/dalvik cache/cache/system
    4- Flash PR1 GSI as "system image". (Search on google how to do that if you doing this for first time)
    5- Mount vendor and flash post POST-sGSI_1 ,POST-sGSI_2 , VoLTE ,Cam, FP and Lag Fix Final P zip
    6- Mount Vendor again and flash POST-sGSI_3
    7- Flash AceKernel
    8- Flash magisk 16.7 Beta.
    9- Reboot

Notes:
    -VoLTE will not show any "HD capable" sign in status bar or "Enhanced 4G Support" in network settings , you have to call to test it.
    -On first boot , Device will power off automatically and go to recovery, don't worry , just reboot again and it will be fine this time.
    -After boot You have to install Google Play Services version 12.8.74 (apkmirror) to get rid of notifications after boot. Install it via adb or by downloading apk file on ur phone or PC.

Enable P style gestures:
    If you see oreo style navbar by default , Go to settings > Sytem > Gestures > then turn ON "Swipe Up on Home Button"

Enabling MTP :
    Go to Settings > Developer Options > Default USB Configuration > Select "File Transfer"

Bugs:
    1- Flashlight option in QS tiles is grayed out sometime, just reboot one or two times to make it work.Flashlight in camera apps works all time.

Workaround For Flashlight: Download Godly Torch Apk - https://github.com/BRoy98/GodlyTorch/releases/download/v1.4.6/GodlyTorch-1.4.6-640.apk

support on telegram
    https://t.me/PforPotter (for updates on Pie roms for Potter
    https://t.me/g5plusP (for chat support)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android P-Pie (PR1) for Potter, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    GtrCraft, Martichou, Shivvvv, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: .

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: Pixel XL PR1

Version Information

Created 2018-07-31
    Last Updated 2018-08-25
    Little teaser
    INFORMATIONS:

A lot of users here are complaining about issues.
    First yeah, there are issues on P cause it's a ported and still a hacky way to get P.
    Our device isn't supported officially by P and just remember how long it took to get a stable Oreo version.

So, let's talk about issues:
    1. The message at boot with the internal error will be fixed in the next kernel update.
    2. The heating issue will also be fixed (as far for me, it's fixed on the test build) in the next kernel update.
    3. Camera error can happen, even if for myself, I've never had any issue. I can suggest you to redownload all files cause we've updated them like 1-2 days ago. Redo a clean flash (that mean reflash LOS-treble too) and only use cam which is hosted on my website or footej.
    4. Wifi and Bluetooth error are a mystery for us, I'm personally using P as daily driver, and I daily use WIFI & BT at the same time to stream music from youtube. For now, we're not able to do anything. However, I'll try something in the following days to maybe fix the wifi/bt. I won't give an ETA neither, don't ask for this fix if you don't see it there.

I hope everyone will understand, if you don't understand something or still have questions, you're free to ask.
    Can someone please post screenshots

Here you go....:cool: