Search This thread

KalilDev

Sep 16, 2016
Belo Horizonte
Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
 * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TREBLE
 * SUPPORT before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */
Install Instruction:
  1. Flash this TWRP with treble support (thx to @CodeZero)
  2. Format /system, /data and /cache
  3. Install this Lineage treble build from Google Drive or from Transfer.sh
  4. Install any GSI system image using TWRP (Install image -> choose your system.img -> select system partition)
  5. Reboot

Known issues:

VoLTE is disabled
Camera is buggy
You tell me

How to report bugs:
REGISTER IT ON GITHUB WITH LOGS, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE IGNORED AND CLOSED.
The GitHub for registering the issues is This
Steps to do it:
  1. Check if it was already posted (duplicates will be closed)
  2. Logs should be attached (posted on gist, otherwise the issue will be closed)
  3. The title format should be: LineageTrebleBuildDate: ROMYouAreUsing: issue you are having
  4. The description should be the full log on gist (https://gist.github.com), and steps to reproduce the issue.
  5. Each issue should be posted individually
  6. DONT TAG ME HERE, OR ON TELEGRAM. I use github bot which sends me notifications when someone posts or replies to an issue
  7. IF YOU DIRTYFLASHED, MENTION IT

Requirements for taking logs:
  1. A PC with adb and the drivers installed
  2. A phone
How to take logs:
  1. Connect your phone to the PC
  2. Enable Android debug bridge on the developer settings
  3. Run $
    Code:
    adb devices
    on your PC shell, and if it shows your device proceed, otherwise tag an admin to help you
  4. Run $
    Code:
    adb reboot
    this will reboot your phone
  5. While it's still on the Motorola logo, run $
    Code:
    adb logcat > log
  6. Once the device boots, replicate the issue
  7. After the issue is replicated, press the CTRL and C keys simultaneously
  8. Once this is done the file log will appear in the folder you ran adb.
  9. This file contains the log.

Where can i find GSI's ?

https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-%28GSI%29-list

Wiki/FAQ
Thanks @vache for the xda thread and contributions for treble on potter

Last edited:

mrfrantastic

Sep 23, 2013
Does this mean that after flashing TWRP (and Lineage) I can use the GSI which suits me best? Or am I limited to the Lineage build mentioned in OP? Anyways, great work!

Andrej_SK

Jan 10, 2018
Banská Bystrica
After installing Treble supported ROM along with Treble supported TWRP (in first post), how to get back to non-treble ROM later? Just flash standard (non-treble) TWRP and standard (non-treble) ROM?

KalilDev

Sep 16, 2016
Belo Horizonte
After installing Treble supported ROM along with Treble supported TWRP (in first post), how to get back to non-treble ROM later? Just flash standard (non-treble) TWRP and standard (non-treble) ROM?

you can use the treble TWRP for non treble roms, but not the other way around. if you want to install a nontreble rom with the treble TWRP just flash the rom and you are good to go

May 16, 2017
Thanks for this! Just wondering when looking at GSIs if I need the A-only or A/B partition version? I assume A-only since that is what the G5plus has? Sorry if I am missing something obvious here!

jason13v8

Dec 14, 2014
Swindon
Have u joined Cedric chat telegram group there's more up to date info there. A only I believe!? Unless someone can correct me. I've only ran A only. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: RaddingtonBear

kutlay1653

May 30, 2015
Bursa
P preview can installable?

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Have u joined Cedric chat telegram group there's more up to date info there. A only I believe!? Unless someone can correct me. I've only ran A only. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong
Can you give telegram link

Exanneon

Sep 29, 2016
You don't know how excited I was when I saw "treble" in the title, it's what our cedric needs the most right now! Will try very soon.

Reactions: kutlay1653
May 16, 2017
I've just been using the LOS build from the OP and am wondering if there is there any way currently to get the fingerprint gestures in Moto Actions to work? There seems to be built in gestures for navigation enabled separately by default, but there doesn't seem to be any way to change them?

Also there doesn't seem to be any way that I have found to disable the navigation bar. The option that is present in the settings for the non-treble LOS 15.1 to disable it is missing from the settings, and adding "qemu.hw.mainkeys=1" to the build.prop doesn't seem to have any effect. Is there some way to disable it that I am missing?

Either way I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into getting this up and running for our device, many thanks! :)

kutlay1653

May 30, 2015
Bursa

hly17_7

Jun 30, 2017
Hello, currently I am using the unofficial LOS15.1 kindly developed by CodeZero with the associated underlying TWRP 64bit. I am not technical enough to understand the reach of this Treble, so could a reader of this message advise on the following:

could I replace that LOS version with this treble LOS one (only need/want plain vanilla LOS woth Moto gestures). Is the "cook-book"in the header also applicable to my situation? Anything to absolute note (bit afraid to hard brick) outside of that. Thanks in advance for advise.

I noted already that Moto gestures in the current version still needs some enhancement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
     * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TREBLE
     * SUPPORT before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    Install Instruction:
    1. Flash this TWRP with treble support (thx to @CodeZero)
    2. Format /system, /data and /cache
    3. Install this Lineage treble build from Google Drive or from Transfer.sh
    4. Install any GSI system image using TWRP (Install image -> choose your system.img -> select system partition)
    5. Reboot

Known issues:

VoLTE is disabled
    Camera is buggy
    You tell me

How to report bugs:
    REGISTER IT ON GITHUB WITH LOGS, OTHERWISE IT WILL BE IGNORED AND CLOSED.
    The GitHub for registering the issues is This
    Steps to do it:
    1. Check if it was already posted (duplicates will be closed)
    2. Logs should be attached (posted on gist, otherwise the issue will be closed)
    3. The title format should be: LineageTrebleBuildDate: ROMYouAreUsing: issue you are having
    4. The description should be the full log on gist (https://gist.github.com), and steps to reproduce the issue.
    5. Each issue should be posted individually
    6. DONT TAG ME HERE, OR ON TELEGRAM. I use github bot which sends me notifications when someone posts or replies to an issue
    7. IF YOU DIRTYFLASHED, MENTION IT

Requirements for taking logs:
    1. A PC with adb and the drivers installed
    2. A phone
    How to take logs:
    1. Connect your phone to the PC
    2. Enable Android debug bridge on the developer settings
    3. Run $
      Code:
      adb devices
      on your PC shell, and if it shows your device proceed, otherwise tag an admin to help you
    4. Run $
      Code:
      adb reboot
      this will reboot your phone
    5. While it's still on the Motorola logo, run $
      Code:
      adb logcat > log
    6. Once the device boots, replicate the issue
    7. After the issue is replicated, press the CTRL and C keys simultaneously
    8. Once this is done the file log will appear in the folder you ran adb.
    9. This file contains the log.

Where can i find GSI's ?

https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/wiki/Generic-System-Image-%28GSI%29-list

Wiki/FAQ
    Thanks @vache for the xda thread and contributions for treble on potter
    People shouldn't be using treble roms (in their current state of stability) as daily drivers for cedric anyway, if you want voLTE just use regular roms built specifically for the device.

they are my DD. android p even lmao. i jusut need to fix the moto actions, the cam and both P and treble roms are 100%
    Take your time we are in no rush. Plus just ignore people talking about volte. We need to have a fully stable working treble foundation! Volte shouldn't be a top priority

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
    I need to fix Moto actions. Because of my testers not reporting stuff to me the public build has broken Moto actions