Treble ROMs for Moto G6

Search This thread

yurais

Feb 10, 2008
I did it, but it still does not work. always stays in botloop

And I do have bootloop when upgrading to stock PIE

I unlocked bootloader and flashed all partitions using commands posted. and it bootloop to unlocked bootloader warning screen.

Any idea?

I use the same commands to flash Oreo and it starts well

Last edited:

AgentICS

Feb 19, 2018
Has anyone experienced bootloops with GSIs due to the audio service dying? Every GSI I tried except RR has bootlooped because of some dolby related file missing. I'm on the Pie vendor if that matters

Slowking

Jul 26, 2011
So what kind of GSI rom would I have to flash ARM32 or ARM64 (I know the chip is 64, but I also know Motorola have been bad in the past of supporting it with 64bit drivers). AB-rom or A only?
And how is the state of things in general? Is everything working?

WoKoschekk

Feb 25, 2019
Cologne
Moto G6
Moto G6 Plus
So what kind of GSI rom would I have to flash ARM32 or ARM64 (I know the chip is 64, but I also know Motorola have been bad in the past of supporting it with 64bit drivers). AB-rom or A only?
And how is the state of things in general? Is everything working?

you need a ARM64 GSI because you have a ARM64 chip. Does your device have a A only partition or a A/B partition??

open terminal app and type:
Code:
getprop ro.build.ab_update

when output is "true" then you have a A/B partition.

Last edited:
May 20, 2014
I have installed havoc os and is one of the best ROMs also descendant is a good one and resurrection but I miss the Moto actions an camera and I return to stock

Dadud

Jun 11, 2012
i've found (atleast on retus -6 models) flahing gsi's on top of linneage lets more roms actually boot. before i couldnt ever boot RR/Pixel Experience. also works for android 10 which mostly works fine on the g6 with build 200.c

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody actually got treble roms running?
    Resurrection Remix won't boot for me, but rather after showing the RR-Logo for a while eventually boot back into recovery.
    Phh-Treble will boot and everything will seem fine, until after I install all the apps and reboot for the first time, then it ill hang on the "Android"-logo.

Phh-Treble v109 and v110 needs to be on stock Oreo vendor, while v108 needs stock soak Pie vendor. RR7 (pie) is just broken unless dirty flashed over Phh-Treble v109 but even then SD internal and SD external are inaccessible. RR6 works fine with stock Oreo vendor. Descendant TwoDotFive works great on stock Oreo vendor (or dirty flashed over Phh-Treble v110). Carbon, Viper, Nitrogen (on AFH), and Pixel Experience 1/2019 Treble are broken on Moto G6/G6 Play. Official AEX, 12/18 Pixel Experience, and Octopus treble work on Soak Pie Vendor. Older treble GSI and DU13 work on Oreo Vendor.
    This is where you'll want to look I think, but I haven't looked into it thoroughly -- only fixed the property check. https://github.com/phhusson/vendor_hardware_overlay/tree/master/Moto/G6

I already got it fixed natively! I'll put together a flashable zip and post it here. If you resign the stock overlays with a test signature and place them in /vendor/overlay/ they can be enabled with cmd commands. I tried it, rebooted and it worked perfectly. I honestly don't know how to push that to github. I've tried to learn using github, and still haven't made heads or tails of it in over 5yrs. It's still the most confusing thing I've ever tried to use.
    I will definitely give this a shot on the G6 Play. I was having the same problem, I couldn't boot any 9.0 GSI either. Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, are your screen corners properly rounded on GSIs or cut off?
    No. we can either change the overlay apk for it (just merged fix upstream phh), or install curve substratum overlay.
    Does Phussons [9.0] AOSP build v[108] work for anyone with a Moto g6?

I got it working, by replacing cameraserver.rc in twrp.
    https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/issues/184
    According to the developer of the 9.0 Pie GSI, the next version of the rom (v105+) will include a fix for the audio issues.