Votes: 70 92.1%
  • This poll is no longer needed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thank you for your feedback

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
Welcome to Treble Toolkit, a software that has various tools designed for devices with Project Treble support.

Features:
Treble GSI Flashing, TWRP Flashing, TWRP Booting, Bootloader Unlocker, Permissiver Flasher and FreeCMD (allows you to run your own commands in the Platform Tools included), dynamic theme (adapts to your computer's theme), Partition Erasing and Integrated Updating Service (Annotation 2).

Compatibility:

Device Compatibility:

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Source Code:

Update Server (If anyone's curious):
(release.zip and version are for launchers 5.2-5.9 and update.zip and version.txt for launchers 6.0-current)

Last edited:
Last edited:

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
@stevegsames

Very interesting and nice tool. Thx for that.
I can confirm that the flashing of a gsi works with Xperia XZ2 Dual (idk about twrp and bl unlocker; i didn't test it).

I used phhussons android 10 quack gsi for the test. The vbmeta img was the special vbmeta for GSIs.

Two questions:
1. Can you make the tool for Linux?
2. Do this tool supports fastbootd? The newer pixels need this mode to flash system imgs.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevegsames

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
I will add the device as a working device and I will start working on a Linux version as I have Ubuntu dual booted in my machine.

Thx.
What about fastbootd?

Btw if needed i can play the tester for linux and the fastbootd thing because my second pc runs on a debian 10 distro and i'm using a pixel 4 xl as daily device.

PS: Just as friendly suggestion: Your op would be better readable if you make some paragraphs:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Slim2none4u
I´m currently researching that fastbootd thing

Thx.
What about fastbootd?

Btw if needed i can play the tester for linux and the fastbootd thing because my second pc runs on a debian 10 distro and i'm using a pixel 4 xl as daily device.

I didn´t know that even existed, so it might take a few days, same for linux, as I don´t know much about coding in linux.

Reactions: dhacke

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
I didn´t know that even existed, so it might take a few days, same for linux, as I don´t know much about coding in linux.

No problem. Before a few month i didn't know from it, too. Seems that it is introduced since android 10. So i guess more and more devices will need this mode in the future.

Here's a link for some info. Mayby it helps you someway.

https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd

No problem. Take the time you need.

Last edited:
I researched it

No problem. Before a few month i didn't know from it, too. Seems that it is introduced since android 10. So i guess more and more devices will need this mode in the future.

Here's a link for some info. Mayby it helps you someway.

https://source.android.com/devices/bootloader/fastbootd

No problem. Take the time you need.

Can you test the current version on the pixel? I believe the commands weren´t changed (except for recovery)

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
Linux version released

Great news. I will test it at least for my xz Dual as soon as possible (before february sec patch).

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Sry but i don't understand how i use it with Linux. I copied the vbmeta file and the system.img into the tool but for what do i need all chmod things?

I have already the plattform tools installed (on my desktop). So in my understanding is should be enough when i copy the folder "Place GSI Files here" into my plattform tool, then copy the "Flash-A-B.sh' and run it in the terminal there.
But the script doesn't run.
Mayby i make something wrong:confused:

Update 1:
I tested once more and copied the entire folder of the unzipped GSI Flasher into the plattform tools.
Then opened the terminal there, run chmod 755 Flash-A-B.sh and at least the terminal accept the script.
Nevertheless i get the following errors:

Code:
mv: '1.img' and '1.img' are the same file
mv: The call from stat for '*.img' isn't possible: File or directory not found

After that i get errors in the Flash-A-B.sh script at line 18-21 with ''./fastboot: no permission. When i execute the script with sudo it's the same picture.

Update 2:
Finally get the Flash-A-B.sh working. I copy all the necessary files in the root of my plattform tools and copy the script at this place too.
Then i edit it so that i had only the fastboot commands in there. And voila the script runs without any errors.
Idk what you think about it but mayby the Linux version should be changed so that the user needs to copy the files in the plattform tools root, edit the file name in the scripts and just run it in the terminal.

Last edited:
About that?

Great news. I will test it at least for my xz Dual as soon as possible (before february sec patch).

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Sry but i don't understand how i use it with Linux. I copied the vbmeta file and the system.img into the tool but for what do i need all chmod things?

I have already the plattform tools installed (on my desktop). So in my understanding is should be enough when i copy the folder "Place GSI Files here" into my plattform tool, then copy the "Flash-A-B.sh' and run it in the terminal there.
But the script doesn't run.
Mayby i make something wrong:confused:

Update 1:
I tested once more and copied the entire folder of the unzipped GSI Flasher into the plattform tools.
Then opened the terminal there, run chmod 755 Flash-A-B.sh and at least the terminal accept the script.
Nevertheless i get the following errors:

Code:
mv: The call from stat for '*.img' isn't possible: File or directory not found

After that i get errors in the Flash-A-B.sh script at line 18-21 with ''./fastboot: no permission. When i execute the script with sudo it's the same picture.

Update 2:
Finally get the Flash-A-B.sh working. I copy all the necessary files in the root of my plattform tools, copy the script there too.
Then i edit it so that i had only the fastboot commands in there. And voila the script runs without any errors.
Idk what you think about it but mayby the Linux version should be changed so that the user needs to copy the files in the plattform tools root, edit the file name in the script and just run it in the terminal.

You don´t need to do that.
1-cd to the GSI tools
run those commands.
Be careful as some of them have some stuff you need to replace with your info.

Making a toolkit for Linux is a bit of a mixed bag, as there are thousands of distros... I only tested it with Ubuntu... What´s your distro?

As for the "1.img" errors, they are normal, it just means you ran it previously without changing the system.img. No need to worry about those.
Edit: please post your full logs!
Edit 2: The chmods are because this toolkit comes with integrated adb/fastboot (just like in windows)

Last edited:

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
Making a toolkit for Linux is a bit of a mixed bag, as there are thousands of distros... I only tested it with Ubuntu... What´s your distro?

Yeah Linux is tricky sometimes. You get a error and first you have no idea why you get it:D

I picked out the needed fastboot commands for my current gsi devices out of your scripts so i have everything what need atm.

I'm on a debian 10 distro named MX Linux 19.

Last edited:
Can you do the following?

Yeah Linux is tricky sometimes. You get a error and first you have no idea why you get it:D

I picked out the needed fastboot commands for my current gsi devices out of your scripts so i have everything what need atm.

I'm on a debian 10 distro named MX Linux 19.

Please put the system/boot/vbmeta files and run the toolkit.
After that please confirm that in the system/boot/vbmeta files are named 1.img
And when you run it please attach the full log.

dhacke

Nov 4, 2018
Please put the system/boot/vbmeta files and run the toolkit.
After that please confirm that in the system/boot/vbmeta files are named 1.img
And when you run it please attach the full log.

Do i need all three files (boot, system, vbmeta) to get the tool working? I'm asking because for example for my xperia xz2 i have only a system and vbmeta.img. No boot.img.

koyo

Nov 12, 2015
Redmi 9
This cool tool just installed Pixel Experience for me. Fantastic, much better than doing it via TWRP tbh (since the TWRP on my Moto G7 Power frequently has a no touch screen bug. Constantly having to restart TWRP makes it take longer). Thanks for this tool.

I wonder if it could also install GSIs for the E6, which does not have TWRP yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Treble Toolkit, a software that has various tools designed for devices with Project Treble support.

Features:
    Treble GSI Flashing, TWRP Flashing, TWRP Booting, Bootloader Unlocker, Permissiver Flasher and FreeCMD (allows you to run your own commands in the Platform Tools included), dynamic theme (adapts to your computer's theme), Partition Erasing and Integrated Updating Service (Annotation 2).

Compatibility:

Device Compatibility:

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Source Code:

Update Server (If anyone's curious):
    (release.zip and version are for launchers 5.2-5.9 and update.zip and version.txt for launchers 6.0-current)
    The compatibility list has moved to:

And:
    Hey, it's been a while!

I'm officially discontinuing this project, however, not because of what you may think.
    I'm developing a GUI version of this toolkit that will be available for download when finished

Here are some development images of the project so far:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Current situation
    Windows bat - Discontinued starting on the launch of the GUI version (LTS for now)
    Linux - (LTS)

I'm sorry Linux users, but I don't have the knowledge to code GUI apps for Linux, so only the Terminal version is going to be available.

Have a nice day and stay safe ;)
    Hello to all Treble Toolkit users.
    Please rate the current 21.9.1 design from 1 to 10 and please leave feedback (if any).
    I'm currently taking select user suggestions for future versions of Treble Toolkit to improve even more.
    21.9.1 Beta 2 has been pushed out to beta servers expanding upon Beta 1 with more tweaks and fixes.