Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thank you for your feedback

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

enezzolation

Nov 5, 2020
Sad... Did you unlock your bootloader? Although I saw someone saying once that it's necessary to patch the boot image to enable fastboot in Samsung devices...

Maybe you can try to use Odin to flash the GSI image
As I know,Odin is only for signed files. It crashes when you try to flash a custom file. Also, of course my bootloader is unlocked. Duh:)

Reactions: stevegsames

santosst

Oct 7, 2020
Sao Paulo
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi A1
As I know,Odin is only for signed files. It crashes when you try to flash a custom file. Also, of course my bootloader is unlocked. Duh:)

I'm sorry... I'm used to the Mediatek software (sp flash tool), which allows flashing just about anything lol

Anyway, I think you will really need a patched recovery with fastbootd support... If your device does not have a working custom recovery, maybe you should talk to the phh in his Telegram group, he can help you to enable fastbootd.

enezzolation

Nov 5, 2020
I'm sorry... I'm used to the Mediatek software (sp flash tool), which allows flashing just about anything lol

Anyway, I think you will really need a patched recovery with fastbootd support... If your device does not have a working custom recovery, maybe you should talk to the phh in his Telegram group, he can help you to enable fastbootd.
Can you give me a link? Id really be glad.

Here's a little teaser for the next version of Treble Toolkit with an updated design.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210218-035746_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_20210218-035746_WhatsApp.png
    839.7 KB · Views: 61
On 23/6/2020 Treble Toolkit was released with a GUI for the first time on Windows. It's crazy to see how much things have changed.

Left - 2021.3.1 (Note 1)
Right - 1.0 (Note 2)
1614568304230.png

Note 1 - This is a prerelease version of 2021.3.1. Design is subjective to change. This also serves as Teaser 2.
Note 2 - Version 1.0 is the first ever version of Treble Toolkit (prev. called Treble Toolkit GUI). There is GSI Flasher, which was a command line only tool (Treble Toolkit's predecessor).

• Wow
Reactions: DragonPitbull
Say hello to the new Treble Toolkit Installer that makes it easier to install Treble Toolkit into your computer!

Screenshot (Windows Dark Mode):
View attachment 5266939
Screenshot (Windows Light Theme):
View attachment 5266941
I hope you enjoy version 21.4.1, great new additions on there ;)
Note regarding the installer: The installer has known current critical bugs that are going to be fixed in the upcoming 21.5.1 release. Please don't use the installer until then.

The upcoming 21.5.1 update prevents oopsies by making sure your GSI file's size is at least 100 MB (minimum typical system.img size) to make sure you don't flash the wrong *.img file.

Here's a pre-release preview of it in action:
View attachment 5271087
If you'd like adjustments done to this number, please let me know.

Reactions: santosst

santosst

Oct 7, 2020
Sao Paulo
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi A1
If you'd like adjustments done to this number, please let me know.
I would say to increase this threshold a little bit. It is common to flash vendor partitions, and they are larger than 100 MB (I was checking, the Pixel 5 vendor image is approximately 760 MB, although most vendor partitions are smaller, at least for my devices). I also know that there are system images that are close to 800 MB, so I think that a limit of 500 MB would cause fewer problems and would still be efficient in many cases to avoid installing a vendor image on the system partition.

I would say to increase this threshold a little bit. It is common to flash vendor partitions, and they are larger than 100 MB (I was checking, the Pixel 5 vendor image is approximately 760 MB, although most vendor partitions are smaller, at least for my devices). I also know that there are system images that are close to 800 MB, so I think that a limit of 500 MB would cause fewer problems and would still be efficient in many cases to avoid installing a vendor image on the system partition.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will adjust the limit to 500 MB.

Edit: Can you tell me the normal size for vendor partitions?

The upcoming 21.5.1 update prevents oopsies by making sure your GSI file's size is at least 100 MB (minimum typical system.img size) to make sure you don't flash the wrong *.img file.

Here's a pre-release preview of it in action:
View attachment 5271087
Likewise, TWRP Flasher/Booter will also get this change but in reverse.
Update: The minimum size for a GSI has changed from 100 MB to 500 MB.
1618111112913.png

santosst

Oct 7, 2020
Sao Paulo
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi A1
Thanks for the suggestion. I will adjust the limit to 500 MB.

Edit: Can you tell me the normal size for vendor partitions?
Thank you very much!

About the size of the vendor partition, I don't know if my devices would be a good parameter for this since they are a bit old 😅 I have a Chuwi Hi9 Air (vndk-26, ~370 MB) and a Mi A1 (vndk-28, custom vendor, ~275 MB). I'm also asking other people in some tg groups.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Treble Toolkit, a software that has various tools designed for devices with Project Treble support.

Features:
    Treble GSI Flashing, TWRP Flashing, TWRP Booting, Bootloader Unlocker, Permissiver Flasher and FreeCMD (allows you to run your own commands in the Platform Tools included), dynamic theme (adapts to your computer's theme), Partition Erasing and Integrated Updating Service (Annotation 2).

Compatibility:

Device Compatibility:

Screenshots:

Downloads:

Source Code:

Update Server (If anyone's curious):
    (release.zip and version are for launchers 5.2-5.9 and update.zip and version.txt for launchers 6.0-current)
    The compatibility list has moved to:

And:
    Hey, it's been a while!

I'm officially discontinuing this project, however, not because of what you may think.
    I'm developing a GUI version of this toolkit that will be available for download when finished

Here are some development images of the project so far:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Current situation
    Windows bat - Discontinued starting on the launch of the GUI version (LTS for now)
    Linux - (LTS)

I'm sorry Linux users, but I don't have the knowledge to code GUI apps for Linux, so only the Terminal version is going to be available.

Have a nice day and stay safe ;)
    Hello to all Treble Toolkit users.
    Please rate the current 21.9.1 design from 1 to 10 and please leave feedback (if any).
    I'm currently taking select user suggestions for future versions of Treble Toolkit to improve even more.
    21.9.1 Beta 2 has been pushed out to beta servers expanding upon Beta 1 with more tweaks and fixes.