[Treble][Unofficial]LineageOS 16.0 Treble for Oneplus 3/3T

Search This thread

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Wow congratulations on what you all have achieved here! Big first step. :good:

While I'm not ready to try this personally, I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this development.

$hivaM Manav

Jun 26, 2014
Razhok'
works

Tried this when i was on xenon HD nougat build worked perfectly fine.
tried few GSI roms links available at github (dotos,aicp,aosip,aosp P,sgsi PR1,aquarious,Arrow os) had no problem with flashing and booting any of them but only one general problem in all roms that i could list out was VOLT and custom kernels didnt work in any of the above roms the other thing was the camera which the dev already pointed out hope its sorted ASAP
Also i was able to flash back to other device specific roms with no issue , rest pewwww ! thnx for this amazing gift soo early!

Last edited:

PlayFriik

I didn't expect that Treble would come to our devices. If Camera issue gets sorted out, it would be one of a very stable Treble port - thank you so much for your effort!
Just to clarify, I tried out both - Android 8.1 (Pixel Experience ROM) and 9.0 (Phh-Treble ROM) GSIs - and the camera didn't work on both of them.

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Hi all,
is it important to flash that unofficial lineage os build which is provided in the download section or will recovery and that trebelise command will work?
can I directly flash ndroid pie gsi?

Trebelize will just create the vendor partition. The lineage build will copy all vendor drivers to that partition I guess.

Tristan1302

Nov 19, 2014
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
"Untreblize" process and more...

Hi all, I'm a bit scared about "treblizing" my device bc I don't really know if it is hard to "untreblize" it. Are my doubts justified or not ? And can we still install other non treble Rom like stock one for example ?
Thank you.

MarcoLK

Dec 2, 2014
Lübbecke
Hi all, I'm a bit scared about "treblizing" my device bc I don't really know if it is hard to "untreblize" it. Are my doubts justified or not ? And can we still install other non treble Rom like stock one for example ?
Thank you.
You just have another Partition. Usual Roms dont Care about it. If the vendor Partition is wiped, Everything is fine

Unable to boot android Pie GSI

Hi all,
I've treblized my oneplus3t successfully but the now the thing is that, I'm able to provided LOS properly, but when I'm trying to boot any of the android 9 GSI such as AOSP or Pixel Experience, it's not getting booted. the phone is coming on fastboot mode again and again.
Please help, what do I do?

denny666555

Aug 21, 2018
quick question, it say not stable and such but thats the lineageos15.1 rom in this post thats made for treble right? making our 3t treble with twrp works 100% cuz i can only imagine its just creating partitions and THEN roms need to support THAT 100% right? so if i treble my 3t using that trwp i can fx. use stable gsi images? the procedure of makin 3t is correct and such?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

You just have another Partition. Usual Roms dont Care about it. If the vendor Partition is wiped, Everything is fine

so if I regret i can just leave it? or if i run msndownloadtool which wipes everything in MMC those partitions will be wiped too? or are they perm in any way?

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcoLK

Dec 2, 2014
Lübbecke
quick question, it say not stable and such but thats the lineageos15.1 rom in this post thats made for treble right? making our 3t treble with twrp works 100% cuz i can only imagine its just creating partitions and THEN roms need to support THAT 100% right? so if i treble my 3t using that trwp i can fx. use stable gsi images? the procedure of makin 3t is correct and such?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

so if I regret i can just leave it? or if i run msndownloadtool which wipes everything in MMC those partitions will be wiped too? or are they perm in any way?

Yeah, just leave the partition. You dont have to care about it until you install an GSI (Generic System Image). (Treble rom)

denny666555

Aug 21, 2018
Yeah, just leave the partition. You dont have to care about it until you install an GSI (Generic System Image). (Treble rom)

okay do you know if the msndownloadtool removes that partiotion? or is there any form of revenants remaining?

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

sorry to bug again, but i didnt get a answer on this question about partitioning, its only the trwp cmd in that specific version that does the treble change right? i can just flash latest trwp again and vendor will be "wipe" options?

VIPLightning

Aug 23, 2018
I love the entire concept of treble and the fact that oneplus 3/3t has one unofficially. I flashed Havoc OS (A only) with lineageos along with factory reset. Most of the features seem to work except what's holding me back from using Treble ROMs as a daily driver is the brightness slider breaking permanently unless you use a 3rd party app. And of course I'm aware with other known functionalities that are broken and hope that they do get fixed overtime. Keep up the great work. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on this project

thes3usa

Retired Forum Moderator
May 30, 2015
Colombo
Xiaomi Mi A2
Samsung Galaxy M20
I love the entire concept of treble and the fact that oneplus 3/3t has one unofficially. I flashed Havoc OS (A only) with lineageos along with factory reset. Most of the features seem to work except what's holding me back from using Treble ROMs as a daily driver is the brightness slider breaking permanently unless you use a 3rd party app. And of course I'm aware with other known functionalities that are broken and hope that they do get fixed overtime. Keep up the great work. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on this project

Unless you're testing Treble, you really needn't use the Havoc GSI since we have it officially.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    6edac7b19bcd079ef70c77c3f548dd590f16c3.png

-------------

Hello, I'm very excited to tell you that Project Treble is ready to run on our phone. Although it's not stable with always something broken, It's still a nice chance to undergo other ROMs that you want.

Beware that it is only a proof-of-concept try to let everyone know our device is still powerful. They are still well prepared for future Android release. However, the GSIs will never be more stable than device-specific ROMs. This Treble ROM is not suitable for daily use.

The main reason why official LineageOS of our device didn't ship with Project Treble is that we don't have fully binderized camera HALs from Oneplus. If we want to support Treble there must be a lot of compromises.

Things working:
    Everything, including camera.

Things not working:
    1. [A-only & A/B] SELinux is set to permissive for most GSIs.
    Unnecessary and won't fix for now.
    2. [A/B] Reboot and stuck at boot animation while GSI installation.
    Solution: Use adb for a reboot, don't just hold the power button. After this the system will boot, at least we could get console-ramoops correctly for debugging.

The step-by-step guide on how to treblize your device:
    Treble needs a partition called "Vendor", but our device does not have this device. What we need to do is to create a vendor partition by our selves.
    I made a custom TWRP Treble build to do this process, here is what you should do in TWRP.
    0. Warning
    Our device is really old, some users may experience storage failure (Known as CRC failure), please be careful when you treblize your device. If you meet any problem, please check the 9008 unbrick guides in the forum.
    1. Flash this TWRP in the download link below.
    2. Boot it up and go to "Advanced" -> "Terminal", Type treblize and run.
    a30e1dfbe34c65fb9d887a30a0e57014f103b8.png

Treblize is a shell that we could modify our partition. It basically does the same thing as the commands below.
    Code:
    /sbin/sgdisk --typecode=5:8300 /dev/block/sdf
    /sbin/sgdisk --change-name=5:vendor /dev/block/sdf
    3. Reboot your phone to your current system to check if there is storage failure.
    It's very important. Some of the users report it may cause storage broken. You'd better check it first before flashing LOS Treble.
    4. Reboot your phone to TWRP.
    5. Flash LOS Treble in the download link below.
    After these processes, you have got a treblized Oneplus3. Boot it up to check if everything works, or just trying other GSIs anyway.

The step-by-step guide on how to flash GSIs:
    0. Treblize.
    1. Choose and flash LOS Treble solution first for the vendor partition.
    Because of the supporting of system-as-root for our device, you can now use every GSIs if possible. I personally recommend the system-as-root solution for future android standards, although they are basically the same some old recovery install scripts may be broken like opengapps will not working anymore according to the report.
    2. Flash A-only or A/B GSI image according to the flag in the download section.
    3. Wipe data.

Q&A:
    1. Q: What are the limitations to our devices?
    A: Sizes. Our device has 3154116608 bytes or 3.15G of system storage. Some GSIs may be larger than our device and due to TWRP's bug it won't be recognized. Here is a guide for linux users to make self modified GSIs images of smaller size.
    Code:
    sudo simg2img <system.img> system.ext4.img
    sudo mount -t ext4 -o loop system.ext4.img system/
    sudo chown -R <username>:<username> system/
    #then enter the system/app folder and remove gmail, maps, google play music, drive, etc.
    makeext4fs -T 0 filecontexts -l 3154116608 -L system -system -s flash.img system/
    2. Q: Something is broken in some GSIs!
    A: That may or may not be our device's fault.
    3. Q: Can I install other third-party kernels?
    A: You need to make sure that kernel supports mounting vendor partition, or it will brick your device.
    Also, the device now is supporting system-as-root, which requires new kernel patchs. Kernels claimed that for treble previously may not work anymore.
    4. Q: How to revert my treblized device?
    A: Unnecessary. But you can do it yourself with the sgdisk command-line tool, or just use the 9008 tool if you are lazy.
    5: Q: How do I install a non-treble ROM with my "treblized" device?
    A: As normal. They won't affect each other.

dianlujitao and other LOS devs for current device tree
    XiNGRZ for op5 treblize reference
    a lot of testers

Chat Group:
    https://t.me/joinchat/BrAZb0Zf9p3q7Qz_No5AUA
    Join the chat group for sGSI QPR6 guide and more!

Downloads:
    [New][A/B] LineageOS 16.0 Treble system-as-root: https://mega.nz/#F!UgdQRYSD!8s-_u2HJQZDEqNnFOnejxQ
    [Old][A-only] LineageOS 16.0 Treble: https://mega.nz/#F!A0VmQAaC!Mc3HYZgAkxeoQwGkZyJvwg
    [Deprcated][A-only] LineageOS 15.1 Treble: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=280568

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS Treble, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    simonsmh, dianlujitao, chenxingyu,
    Source Code: https://github.com/OP3Treble

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OxygenOS/H2OS 9.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-08-17
    Last Updated 2019-08-27
    Hey guys! We're back.

Steps to install Q Beta 6 GSI

1. Download Simon's latest TWRP and flash it.

2. Make sure you're on OOS 9.0.4 or later firmware.

3. If you are encrypted, you will have to clear encryption via TWRP

4. Wipe /system, /data and reboot to Recovery.

5. Go to Advanced -> Terminal and type in "Treblize" and executive it. Wait for the partitioning to complete.

6. Flash Simon's latest LineageOS 16.0 Treble build.

7. Wipe all partitions except /Vendor.

8. Flash GSI to System Partition.

9. Flash Erfans permissiverv4(optional), zygotev2, lagfix.

10. Flash Magisk Canary 19.4. Stable/Beta will not work.

11. Reboot to system.

12. Download latest Google Play Services and Google Play Store (non beta versions) from Apkmirror.

Thanks to Simon's work on Treble.

TWRP and Treble LOS16: https://mega.nz/#F!BlETXKhL!rTTjfiAXzogQBimtRnTE7w

Q DP6 GSI:
    https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/gsi/Pixel-Aonly-10-20190808-ErfanGSI.img.7z

Erfans GSI Tools:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=279429

Bugs:
    Mostly none! Just Hotspot and a bit of general lag but can be used as Daily Driver.
    Hi, thanks to PeterCxy, we find a method to load camera shim library.
    Flash zip below after you flashed GSI, and camera should be working again. Confirmed sGSI PR1 is working.
    However, it's just a dirty hack, and we are still trying to port camera hal.
    Now we can use camera on phh 9.0 based GSIs with linkerfix v3+. Confirmeta PE 9.0 GSI Beta works.
    Quick Link: https://github.com/OP3Treble/linkerfix/releases/download/v4/linkerfix.zip