[Trick][Noob Friendly]How to fix md5 sum mismatch error in CWM easy n quick!!

Manu.S

Jan 3, 2013
Bangalore
Hi guys,
I have started this life saver thread (lol) for those who are getting md5 mismatch error while restoring backups in cwm..:screwy:
Dont delete the precious backups which show error in restoring due to md5 midmatch..
There are lot of methods to fix this but they all require terminal,adb n such things.. but I bet My method is d easiest..:cool:
Let's start,
Things required..
Nothing!!! :D Except a good file explorer which has a option to create new file.. I prefer root explorer but it costs to buy..
Caution:Don't rename any folders in the backup Coz it makes ur backup useless..

1.Now open your file explorer & navigate to your clockworkmod/backup/(choose the backup which u want to restore)/ folder on your sd card and u will see a file called nandroid.md5 which contains all d info about the rom on which d backup was made..
2.Back up & then Delete the nandroid.md5 file and in options create a new file & name it as nandroid.md5 exactly as it was before (DON'T USE CAPS WHILE NAMING)..
3.Make sure u don't touch anything else :eek:& exit your file explorer..
4.Enter into cwm recovery and restore the backup which u modified.. Yuppy!! Restore successful.. :D

OTHER CASES FOR RESTORING FAILURE
1.A bad or damaged backup
2.Problem with kernels related to mounting & unmounting /system,/data,/cache
3.Some have reported error in restoring bcoz of some folder created in system by root all data 2 sd app..
4.Renamed backups

If this method dint work for u then pls search & try other complicated methods..

Pls report after using this method and press thanks if this helped you..

Sent from Phoenix SGY:cool:

Last edited:

jo15765

Jun 21, 2012
Hi guys,
I have started this thread for those who are getting md5 mismatch error while restoring backups in cwm..:screwy:
Dont delete the precious backups which show error in restoring due to md5 midmatch..
There are lot of methods to fix this but they all require terminal,adb n such things.. but I bet My method is d easiest..:cool:
Let's start,
Things required..
Nothing!!! :D Except a good file explorer which has a option to create new file.. I prefer root explorer but it costs to buy..

1.Now open your file explorer & navigate to your clockworkmod/backup/(choose the backup which u want to restore)/ folder on your sd card and u will see a file called nandroid.md5 which contains all d info about the rom on which d backup was made..
2.Delete the nandroid.md5 file and in options create a new file & name it as nandroid.md5 exactly as it was before (DON'T USE CAPS WHILE NAMING)..
4.Enter into cwm recovery and restore the backup which u modified.. Yuppy!! Restore successful.. :D

3.Some have reported error in restoring bcoz of some folder created in system by root all data 2 sd app..
4.Renamed backups

Sent from my Themed Hulk SGY:cool:
These steps did not work for me, I still got the error after following the guide?

raul_smith

Oct 26, 2013
What if there is no TWRP recovery installed, only CWM 6.0 version installed.

Hi guys,
I have started this thread for those who are getting md5 mismatch error while restoring backups in cwm..:screwy:
Let's start,
Things required..

2.Delete the nandroid.md5 file and in options create a new file & name it as nandroid.md5 exactly as it was before (DON'T USE CAPS WHILE NAMING)..

4.Renamed backups

What if the recovery installed before ROM flashing was not from TWRP but from CWM 6.0 version? And what if the backup was faulty with error message " failed to mount data" but the person continued the ROM flashing with a hope that everything will be fine, but it wasn't the Cyanogen 10.2 nightly was too faulty for the Samsung Galaxy i9001. Now I'm stuck with the blue Cyanogen rotating logo, unable to reboot and unable to go back to my default system, MD5 mismatch error. Can I do the steps mentioned through a PC, by accessing the folders and files inside the device by USB?

nogm

Oct 30, 2013
should work i hope

hope this works
had to factory reset my nexus 7 2013 to install kit kat and the restores weren't working
thx

Dil2013

Mar 24, 2013
Hi guys,
Let's start,
Things required..

4.Renamed backups

Yes. Thanks so much. it really help me. Works 100%. I have restore my data on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.. Thanks

Manu.S

Jan 3, 2013
Bangalore
work perfect me...lifesaver....thanks...should be sticky...

Dude, you saved my life :D

Thank you bro !

It works on the ext SD card!

+1 tnx work on my galaxy note i717D CWM 6.0.4.3

Thanks a lot! Worked verry wel on my rooted Acer Liquid E1 :)

Yes. Thanks so much. it really help me. Works 100%. I have restore my data on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.. Thanks

Thank you guys:) Happy to hear that my first post proved to b a lifesaver to many.. :thumbup:

Sent from my Phoenix SGY using Hyperion DNA, Deviant Wings & Velocity Engine!!

Reactions: dio62000