• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TRICK] Score easily in the Android 5.0/5.1 Easter Egg Game

Search This thread

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
Well, the Android Lollipop easter egg is often a nice way to pass time, but, the game is not at all easy. It is often regarded as one of the toughest 'game' for Android.

But not anymore, I suppose.

So, good things first. This trick actually takes the advantage of the delay of appeareance of those lollipop obstacles in the game due to higher animator duration scale value. However, the movement of the Android bot is unchanged, but shouldn't bother much.

Works for rooted as well as non-rooted devices as well. (To clear any such confusion).

Here is how you do it :
Step 1 : Enabling Developer Options (No need to do if you already have enabled it)
Go to Settings -> About Phone, and then keep on tapping the build number until a toast with success message appears.

Step 2 : Changing Transition
Go to Settings -> Developer Options, find an option called 'Animator duration scale', change the value to 10x. Default is 1x, in case you opt to revert.

Step 3 : Incorporating Changes
As soon as you change the value, changes won't take place, to activate the changes, just lock the screen, and then Unlock. You will then get the effects of changes.

Now you can play the Easter Egg game with ease, in one go, you should easily be able to score 10-15 points.
But remember, things around will be much slower, so have patience.

I discovered this on my Sony Xperia L, with CyanogenMod 12, and it works perfectly.

Last edited:

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
I guess it might work on Android 6.0, haven't tried though.
Its easier in 6.0 than in 5.x.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, the Android Lollipop easter egg is often a nice way to pass time, but, the game is not at all easy. It is often regarded as one of the toughest 'game' for Android.

But not anymore, I suppose.

So, good things first. This trick actually takes the advantage of the delay of appeareance of those lollipop obstacles in the game due to higher animator duration scale value. However, the movement of the Android bot is unchanged, but shouldn't bother much.

Works for rooted as well as non-rooted devices as well. (To clear any such confusion).

Here is how you do it :
    Step 1 : Enabling Developer Options (No need to do if you already have enabled it)
    Go to Settings -> About Phone, and then keep on tapping the build number until a toast with success message appears.

Step 2 : Changing Transition
    Go to Settings -> Developer Options, find an option called 'Animator duration scale', change the value to 10x. Default is 1x, in case you opt to revert.

Step 3 : Incorporating Changes
    As soon as you change the value, changes won't take place, to activate the changes, just lock the screen, and then Unlock. You will then get the effects of changes.

Now you can play the Easter Egg game with ease, in one go, you should easily be able to score 10-15 points.
    But remember, things around will be much slower, so have patience.

I discovered this on my Sony Xperia L, with CyanogenMod 12, and it works perfectly.