Question Tried Factory Reset from Standard Recovery Screen

Search This thread

NeedTablet

Dec 9, 2022
Holding Power & Volume Down beginning screen says Bootloader Unlocked Cannot Be trusted and then goes to Android Recovery. Tried to Factory Data reset several times, but keeps coming back to Bootloader Unlocked. I can not even tell if I am over charging or if it is charged at all. Can I get Samsung files from Samsung site to download? Which ones do you think would be best course. I just want it to be factory data reset. HELP! My recovery screen pics are attached.

Attachments

• SamsungGalaxyTabA8RecoveryScreenTop12-9-2022.jpg
    SamsungGalaxyTabA8RecoveryScreenTop12-9-2022.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • SamsungGalaxyTabA8RecoveryScreen12-9-2022.jpg
    SamsungGalaxyTabA8RecoveryScreen12-9-2022.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Holding Power & Volume Down beginning screen says Bootloader Unlocked Cannot Be trusted and then goes to Android Recovery. Tried to Factory Data reset several times, but keeps coming back to Bootloader Unlocked. I can not even tell if I am over charging or if it is charged at all. Can I get Samsung files from Samsung site to download? Which ones do you think would be best course. I just want it to be factory data reset. HELP! My recovery screen pics are attached.
Why are you holding vol down? Holding vol down and power is the method used to boot to recovery. And once the bootloader is unlocked you will always get the nag screen saying it is unsafe. Ignore it. What happens if you just push the power button WITHOUT pushing vol down?

NeedTablet

Dec 9, 2022
Why are you holding vol down? Holding vol down and power is the method used to boot to recovery. And once the bootloader is unlocked you will always get the nag screen saying it is unsafe. Ignore it. What happens if you just push the power button WITHOUT pushing vol down?
I thought that is what I said that I was holding Power & Volume down. I was holding them both.

NeedTablet

Dec 9, 2022
I know that is what you said. I'm still asking why? You are complaining that that takes you to Android recovery but that is what that key combination is supposed to do.
Oh Sorry, That is the only thing I can get to come up on tablet after Samsung Logo and Bootloader Unlocked. Then just blank screen. So I have trying to find ways to load OS/Firmware back on system since the factory data reset didn't work.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
Oh Sorry, That is the only thing I can get to come up on tablet after Samsung Logo and Bootloader Unlocked. Then just blank screen. So I have trying to find ways to load OS/Firmware back on system since the factory data reset didn't work.
Then you need to boot to download mode, not recovery. Plug the USB cable into a PC and not the tablet. Turn the tablet off. Then, while holding both vol down and vol up, plug the cable into the tablet. You can download the latest firmware using frija.exe. Flash the firmware using Odin on the PC.

NeedTablet

Dec 9, 2022
Then you need to boot to download mode, not recovery. Plug the USB cable into a PC and not the tablet. Turn the tablet off. Then, while holding both vol down and vol up, plug the cable into the tablet. You can download the latest firmware using frija.exe. Flash the firmware using Odin on the PC.
I was able to successfully download the firmware and flashed it with odin. The only problem now is odin indicates PASS! in green on PC and seems to be finished, but the odin screen on PC has not closed. The tablet downloading screen remains open with the progress bar all the way at the end. Should I hit exit or reset on odin on PC or alternatively select AutoStart in options?

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I was able to successfully download the firmware and flashed it with odin. The only problem now is odin indicates PASS! in green on PC and seems to be finished, but the odin screen on PC has not closed. The tablet downloading screen remains open with the progress bar all the way at the end. Should I hit exit or reset on odin on PC or alternatively select AutoStart in options?
I don't know. The Odin screen remaining open is normal. But, unless you unchecked the auto-reboot in Odin options, the tablet should have rebooted when it finished flashing. If it doesn't, I guess the only thing you can do is manually reboot the tablet by holding vol down and power for about 7 seconds.

NeedTablet

Dec 9, 2022
I don't know. The Odin screen remaining open is normal. But, unless you unchecked the auto-reboot in Odin options, the tablet should have rebooted when it finished flashing. If it doesn't, I guess the only thing you can do is manually reboot the tablet by holding vol down and power for about 7 seconds.
I did uncheck the auto-reboot which the directions I had said to do so. So I just let it sit there for about 6-7 hours plugged into PC. I figured then there was no way it wasn't done installing so i unplugged from PC. After like 5 minutes or so the tablet came on with the beginning screen for setting up tablet. Now I just have to figure how much crap I really need on it. I wish I could get rid of Samsung Flow so I could use the tablet for Fan Duel. Thanks for your help. Have a good weekend.