• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Tried installing magisk on top of lineageos, now stuck in boot loop

Search This thread

sburry

Oct 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello,

I followed the official steps for LOS and gapps and all went well. Then I followed the official steps for magisk and I extracted boot.img and patched it fine. I'm fairly certain I have the global version (live in Canada, bought from aliexpress, it said global version) so I found the firmware online. Then I pushed it via fastboot to boot_a and boot_b. I'm not sure if this was right... Anyway, after this was done, I rebooted and then got stuck in the LOS boot logo. Rebooting and trying to flash stock boot.img that I extracted doesn't work, trying to flash lineageos recovery.img doesn't work (no such parititon). When it reboots to recovery it's the stock recovery. I can't do anything but go to fastboot mode and then nothing flashes.

Help??

References:

Thanks!

sburry

Oct 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
One more note. When patching boot.img, magisk docs say to ensure recovery is checked. I didn't find this option, so assume it was checked by default as the docs said. Perhaps it was unchecked and, idk, I deleted my recovery partition?

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
One more note. When patching boot.img, magisk docs say to ensure recovery is checked. I didn't find this option, so assume it was checked by default as the docs said. Perhaps it was unchecked and, idk, I deleted my recovery partition?
try downloading magisk23.0.apk and rename it by uninstall.zip save it to your phone you can save it through recovery mtp enabled, after saving it try flashibg the uninstall.zip reboot to system and comeback here

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Hi guys i have problem with magisk also, can't pass safetynet ctsprofile
under the settings of magisk tap magiskhide and click systemless host then check again the safety net if not working

install riru on your magisk reboot your phone
go to google search universal safetynet fix the site is github and install it for riru not zygisk take note after downloading it flash it on your magisk reboot phone

Leejhay1714

Apr 2, 2015
under the settings of magisk tap magiskhide and click systemless host then check again the safety net if not working

install riru on your magisk reboot your phone
go to google search universal safetynet fix the site is github and install it for riru not zygisk take note after downloading it flash it on your magisk reboot phone
I forget tell that i do all of that because i search first for i post here and non of that can fix ctsprofile

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-04-19-55-17-047_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-04-19-55-17-047_com.android.chrome.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Leejhay1714

sburry

Oct 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
flash first twrp on your poco f3
I had flashed LineageOS recovery, but i can't even get back into recovery now, or reflash recovery.

$ fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210819-recovery-h910.img
Sending 'recovery' (26844 KB) OKAY [ 0.943s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

edit: shoot I was mixing up steps from another phone. shouldn't rely on ctrl + R bash history!

I was able to flash lineageos recovery, had to flash it to boot, not to recovery. reinstalling LOS itself now.

guess I'll try the process again, with the patching of boot.img, but this time ensure recovery is checked. that should be ok right?

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
I had flashed LineageOS recovery, but i can't even get back into recovery now, or reflash recovery.

$ fastboot flash recovery lineage-18.1-20210819-recovery-h910.img
Sending 'recovery' (26844 KB) OKAY [ 0.943s]
Writing 'recovery' FAILED (remote: '(recovery_a) No such partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed

edit: shoot I was mixing up steps from another phone. shouldn't rely on ctrl + R bash history!

I was able to flash lineageos recovery, had to flash it to boot, not to recovery. reinstalling LOS itself now.

guess I'll try the process again, with the patching of boot.img, but this time ensure recovery is checked. that should be ok right?
to change your recovery boot you phone into fastboot mode connect phone to pc open sdk platform tools in cmd then type fastboot boot twrp.img (the twrp name plus the extension file of recovery) after temporary flashing copy the twrp img to your phone and go to advance tab of twrp flash recovery ramdisk choose the twrp img

sburry

Oct 10, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
to change your recovery boot you phone into fastboot mode connect phone to pc open sdk platform tools in cmd then type fastboot boot twrp.img (the twrp name plus the extension file of recovery) after temporary flashing copy the twrp img to your phone and go to advance tab of twrp flash recovery ramdisk choose the twrp img
Alright so I did get LOS reinstalled and the magisk app. I also realize that when I patch boot.img, I don't need to check the recovery box, because it's not a recovery image, it's a boot image. This all goes smoothly, but then the device is stuck in boot loop. I can just reinstall the LOS recovery but I'd like to get magisk working. Is it possible to have both of these?

Top Liked Posts