Tried to update, now stuck. Failed to mount data

Peeptastic

Jul 2, 2009
Is someone able to help me? I messed up in a big way. Long story short, I cannot seem to get the DATA partition back on my phone. I did read the part about encryption but was so excited I (Yes, confirmed dummy) was thinking that it meant android encryption and not simply lockscreen/password.

My passcode is correct, but the data is corrupted. I cannot repair the Data partition, nor can select it in TWRP. My computer no longer recognizes the phone. My backup somewhat works but not really, since the data part of the backup can't be installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I read the entire thread and thought I was prepared but nope. Or do I need to go phone shopping?

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
Is someone able to help me? I messed up in a big way. Long story short, I cannot seem to get the DATA partition back on my phone. I did read the part about encryption but was so excited I (Yes, confirmed dummy) was thinking that it meant android encryption and not simply lockscreen/password.

My passcode is correct, but the data is corrupted. I cannot repair the Data partition, nor can select it in TWRP. My computer no longer recognizes the phone. My backup somewhat works but not really, since the data part of the backup can't be installed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I read the entire thread and thought I was prepared but nope. Or do I need to go phone shopping?
So why not just download the correct ruu for your phone ,,, flash that in download mode and start over ? Or has that been tried already?

Reactions: Peeptastic

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
It has not been tried. I didn't know what to do. I will try that, thank you. Any other tips or steps? Again, thank you!
Its pretty straight foward, load the correct ruu on the root of your sd card , rename it to 2pzcimg.zip , boot phone to download mode , press the up volume key when prompted and thats it. hth,, good luck,

Reactions: Peeptastic