Trio AXS 3G/4G

Search This thread

grandspecter

Jun 21, 2012
Noticed there not even a thread about this device. The trio axs 3g and 4g are budget tablets for T-Mobile. They officially run on 4.2.2. I don't know much about the devices other than basic specs and don't know the difference between the 4g and the 3g versions. I have a axs 3g but it still connects to tmobiles H+.

Screen shots attached.
a5yvydy3.jpg
y3ejejan.jpg
7ymededu.jpg

Sent from my Trio AXS 3G using Tapatalk

Reactions: lrmahon@gmail.com

grandspecter

Jun 21, 2012
I found a way to root the device. Just download the framaroot apk. Install it. When you run it. Make sure it's on install SuperSU. Then select the first option of "boromir" to root it. It should say it was successful and you need to reboot on the first try.

I'm not liable for any damage you do to your device by this method.
Screenshot is attached.

7a8e3esu.jpg

Reactions: vtownhog

grandspecter

Jun 21, 2012
Just to let everyone know. Don't rely on this tracker as a GPS. It takes way to long to lock on. It's always searching for satellite. Too slow to keep up at any speed. And take way too long to reroute not to forget that it losses gps connection while it's rerouting. I used Google maps and uslyee speedometer to check the GPS capability. I know for a fact that these two apps are quick and accurate on other devices. Unfortunately not on this tablet.

Last edited:

Xalicus

Feb 4, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Noticed there not even a thread about this device. The trio axs 3g and 4g are budget tablets for T-Mobile. They officially run on 4.2.2. I don't know much about the devices other than basic specs and don't know the difference between the 4g and the 3g versions. I have a axs 3g but it still connects to tmobiles H+.

I know for a fact that there is only one tasblet, it really is 4G/HSPA+ and not 3G. My Trio AXS 3G had a couple updates and now at reboot it says Trio AXS 4G. I hate the limitation of app space though, but I like the tablet a lot. also, after the updates, Framaroot doesn't work anymore, and I'm unrooted now... it sucks. I'll try and redownload it and reinstall to see if that helps, but we shall see.

ari2008

Jul 30, 2012
Ok . like to share some info . I bought today trio from Walmart its better the Galaxy tab 7 cus u have the Sim card option and its better procecer . and its 4 g LTE . second the Sim card its unlock I'm using straight talk at t mean u dont need to unlock it if u wana use u sim card from all network service I got LTE speed

Sent from my Trio AXS 3G using XDA Free mobile app

Mechayoshi

Mar 12, 2014
I had seen these at walmart and wondered if they were any good. Any more info?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ari2008

Jul 30, 2012
So far for me its the best cus I'm also use metropcs unlimited data so I get also very fast internet and u can't find to many tablet unlock with Sim card and no contract .the cpu also its very good for 179 its good

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 AM ----------

That the type of the CPU they use MediaTek 8389, Quad core 1.2 . also I install crack flash player I'm using dolphin browser I'm eble to watch flash

Xalicus

Feb 4, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I was curious, as I got my Trio Axs 4g pretty early on, what does everyone's tablet say for app storage? Mine says only 0.98GB total. but the display at Walmart where I work, says 1.48GB total app storage. I also am wondering if anyone knows a way to make the storage much bigger without messing anything up. All the updates from Trio haven't fixed that storage issue either.:confused:

I'm also thinking about resetting my tablet to see if that helps. I already did a backup.

Last edited:

ari2008

Jul 30, 2012
U can use app 2sd to get more space .. I really like to have some one here to help owner of this Trio Axs 3G to get co ROM like CM 11

ari2008

Jul 30, 2012
Hi. Did u find a way to install costume ROM that run KitKat ??

wmyers4u

Oct 25, 2013
no 4G and tablet defect.. Per tech support

I called Trio(Moxie) at 580 272 0035 and spoke to Shawn. He told me that build versions ending in "_tn" are not receiving OTA updates and that I would have to return my Trio for a replacement tablet. I am on my 2nd Axs and waiting on the OTA update that is supposed to enable 4G. There is also a 2nd OTA update that is supposed to resolve a memory issue. None of which do any good if your tablet has the defect that prevents OTA updates.

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
Just picked one of these up today...anybody else still around that had/has one of these?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AllianceR(●)m

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
Just picked one of these up today...anybody else still around that had/has one of these?

Guess not!...returned mine had some dust under the screen, and was awfully heavy, caused hand fatigue with long use. I can confirm the latest framaroot did work for me, and the whole remaining memory was available for apps or whatever, 12gb+/-.

themitch

Nov 19, 2008
Anyone have this tablet and still on 4.2.2? If so, I could really use a copy of the files in /system/app folder. Tried to pull an OTA and it failed halfway leaving me unable to get further updates...

Any help is appreciated!

thefoss

Mar 25, 2006
orlando
Anyone have this tablet and still on 4.2.2? If so, I could really use a copy of the files in /system/app folder. Tried to pull an OTA and it failed halfway leaving me unable to get further updates...

Any help is appreciated!
I ordered mine today. Great deal on QVC. Figured, why not?? I will post back when I receive it

rscaramelo

Jun 4, 2010
Boston
Any more news on this thing? I need something cheap but decent for my TMobile sim. I was looking at that Alcatel Onetouch Pop that they sell but this looked potentially better for about the same cash.

Xalicus

Feb 4, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I'm really sad that this wonderful tablet is getting little to no support from XDA or anything else I've seen. I really need to be able to repartition my system storage to be able to install more apps, and most of my apps don't move over to the user storage or SD card either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-01-15-27-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-01-15-27-22.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 546

degarb

Mar 18, 2015
Need Trio Help

Okay, great tablet if rooted with link2sd. But I need some expert adb advice!

Unfortunately, disaster struck when using Link2sd: I tried to convert XIalive radio (internet radio tuner with wakeup alarm) to a system app. I rebooted and the Trio AXS 3 G tablet will not boot past the opening audio passage. It is like Xia is trying to grab the audio....The Trio has no (english) safe mode, wiping to factory reset only wipes the cache and data partitions. I tried adb but I don't think I can get the unit to show up through the cable unless the unit boots and doesn't freeze up. $179 down the drain (or an expensive learning lesson about system app conversion), unless I find a solution.

I think I can throw the tablet into apply update from adb (vol up and power) then download some unknown windows xp driver, then use some voodoo adb dos commands to remove the xialive radio files from the system. But, 1. what driver? 2. What adb steps.

I think adb is still installed from my defy days (2 years ago). I see it but not sure it is working still.

degarb

Mar 18, 2015
flashing trio axs

Has anyone flashed the tablet? I called Trio and they wouldn't give me the factory rom.

I hate sending it back. All they will do is push the rom/zip via adb sideloader. Presto, fixed.

degarb

Mar 18, 2015
btw, I think these drivers worked : ADB+Drivers_Updated.zip

I don't think, now that the adb shell will work, when I can only get into the adb sideloader. I think my only hope is pushing out a rom through the adb sideloader.

I wonder if anyone can make a rom from their working trio axs 3g?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Clockworkmod recovery?

Can't seem to find any guides to install Clockworkmod recovery. Can anyone tell me how they installed it for this tablet? also what custom roms work with this tablet?

Screen shots attached.
    a5yvydy3.jpg
    y3ejejan.jpg
    7ymededu.jpg

I found a way to root the device. Just download the framaroot apk. Install it. When you run it. Make sure it's on install SuperSU. Then select the first option of "boromir" to root it. It should say it was successful and you need to reboot on the first try.

I'm not liable for any damage you do to your device by this method.
    Screenshot is attached.

7a8e3esu.jpg