Tronsmart MK908 Google Android 4.1 Mini PC TV Box RK3188 Quad Core 2G/8G BT Black

Search This thread

drinkypoo

Jun 4, 2009
Albion, CA
hyperlogos.org
Sadly the tronsmart airmouse is garbage. Crappy buttons, crappy layout, 1 meter range. Never buying anything from tronsmart again, they are incompetent douchebags. Also, never buying from geekbuying again...

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Krisbo

Apr 7, 2008
Wagga Wagga, Australia
This translates to 27 euros. Isn't it a little bit fishy? Has anyone bought from this seller to share his experience?

They may have picked up a heap in bulk. These are an old model now. They had a fair amount of pretty good feedback. The seller seems to sell items briefly until stock runs out which supports my theory.

I've ordered two and they've been marked as posted.

Usually takes 2 weeks for items to arrive from Hong Kong. I've used PayPal's pay later option so there's not much risk.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Sadly the tronsmart airmouse is garbage. Crappy buttons, crappy layout, 1 meter range. Never buying anything from tronsmart again, they are incompetent douchebags. Also, never buying from geekbuying again...

This doesn't come with the Tronsmart air mouse. It's the Measy fly mouse. I was using the term air mouse generically.

The Measy seems to have pretty good reviews.

Last edited:

c0nvict

May 2, 2009
Argyroupoli
I'm thinking of buying mk908ii or cx-919. Which one do you recommend? Any heat or wifi issues?
Also i read that mk908 v1.0 has 2 wifi antennas and mk908 v3.0 has 1 wifi antenna. Does this affect wifi signal?
Also which one between version 1.0 and 3.0 has heat issues? Thanks

Last edited:

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda

allaz

Jan 19, 2012
Me too. For only 22 euros I can take a risk. If nothing will arrive I will ask PayPal for a refund.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 4

sleepingsword

Mar 12, 2011
Oslo
I just got a QC802 a few weeks ago for 60 usd plus a keyboard mouse remote thing for 18 usd...

I had to buy this just cos its silly cheap.

Lord99-hr

Sep 12, 2013
hi, i'm freshly registered here so forgive if i didn't follow some rules, but i have very interesting question.

I was wondering would it be possible to make "regular" PC from those MiniPCs, but dont know will it all work together so please help :D

So...i would buy MK908 and connect it to random screen via HDMI to DVI adapter and since i would loose sound due to DVI i thought to buy USB sound card and an RJ45 USB adapter cause i need it sometimes. And all those USB's + some keyboard and mouse connecter via USB self powered HUB.

would this actually work altogether? this "PC" would be usually used for everydays internet browsing, watching youtube videos, some movies and browser games.

ps. i can't post links yet but all that would cost me ~70$ on ebay (MiniPC, HDMI to DVI, USB to RJ45, USB AUDIO)

thanks in advance :good:

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
hi, i'm freshly registered here so forgive if i didn't follow some rules, but i have very interesting question.

I was wondering would it be possible to make "regular" PC from those MiniPCs, but dont know will it all work together so please help :D

So...i would buy MK908 and connect it to random screen via HDMI to DVI adapter and since i would loose sound due to DVI i thought to buy USB sound card and an RJ45 USB adapter cause i need it sometimes. And all those USB's + some keyboard and mouse connecter via USB self powered HUB.

would this actually work altogether? this "PC" would be usually used for everydays internet browsing, watching youtube videos, some movies and browser games.

ps. i can't post links yet but all that would cost me ~70$ on ebay (MiniPC, HDMI to DVI, USB to RJ45, USB AUDIO)

thanks in advance :good:

Factor in a powered usb hub and Rom that supports your sound card

Lord99-hr

Sep 12, 2013
Factor in a powered usb hub and Rom that supports your sound card

I read on other forum that they managed to work the same USB Audio and use it, why should the self powered HUB be problem cause a loot of people said they are using powered and nonpowered hubs? but I would prefer powered cause of lot devices connected, dont want to MiniPC overheat that much

drinkypoo

Jun 4, 2009
Albion, CA
hyperlogos.org
Yeah all that works. 720p or 1080p or SD ONLY so far. I guess there is a working Pi****u alpha now so you can even run Linux. I am able to stretch 720p to completely fill my 1440x900 lcd on the stock rom.

A good powered hub is a necessity. A really good one can even power the mk908.

You can even use Bluetooth audio but xbmc and some others don't work well with it.

Last edited:

Relco

May 23, 2010
MK908 Ethernet problems

Hi Guys
I cant find anywhere through the numerous threads regarding the MK908, But I have a problem and wonder if you all have the same problem.
Ive has this Mk908 since the end of August and really decided to get to know it as ill be off work for a few weeks.
It come from ebay already installed with 4.2.2 im quite happy with it well after changing the power supply for my SG4 power supply, thus unexpected power shut offs now :)
My problem is that I cant enable the Ethernet feature on this as it just turns it back off, wont allow me to click enable and the slider just goes back to the off position.
Now I know I have data going to my usb adapter bought on the advise given on these forums and the adapter hammers out a nice red light showing some kind of traffic.
Everything else works quite well considering its the size of a match box, no real heat issues, plays almost everything i can throw at it ???
Ive run out of ideas
Please can someone advise what could be wrong

Regards
Relco

TeamHackura

Aug 26, 2011
OnePlus 8
Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Sometimes you must connect to Wi-Fi first. Is it a supported model? Are you using a powered hub?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Relco

May 23, 2010
Ethernet

Are you connected to Wi-Fi? Sometimes you must connect to Wi-Fi first. Is it a supported model? Are you using a powered hub?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your reply, Yes Ive connected to WiFi but the signal is very poor so I wanted to go wired, My Ethernet hub is powered , Ive also connected direct in to my router but still it wont switch on or stay on.
Im guessing its a supported model as its a MK908 with 4.2.2 running.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Regards

FadeFx

Mar 22, 2010
Vienna
The question was if the USB hub the Ethernet adapter is connected to is powered... it should be, because the dongle probably can not provide enough power for the adapter to work propperly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I've order one and it have already 4.2.2, but Ive got a few problems, like reboots, choppy mp4 video play :(, can anyone help me?

Go to www.freaktab.com and search there, you will find some help...

http://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-MK9...&qid=1366656446&sr=1-3-catcorr&keywords=mk908

TronSmart™- Android TV Box
    This is quad core TV box armed with with Quad Core Rockchip RK3188 and Quad Core Mali 400 GPU.

Specification
    - CPU: Rk3188 Quad Core 1.6ghz, max 1.8Ghz(maximum data from manufacturer for CPU - only) (Cortex-A9)
    - GPU: Quad Core Mali 400
    - RAM: DDR3 2GB; ROM: On board NAND Flash 8G (Android system itself and other user data will take some space)
    - Expand Micro SD: Micro SD Card/ T-Flash(Maximum support 32GB)
    - Video Format: WMV/ASF/MP4/3GP/3G2M4V/AVI/MJPEG/RV10/DivX/VC-1/MPEG-2/MPEG-4/H.263/H.264/1280*720P HD 30 fps, 1080P/720*480 D1 30fps
    - Audio Format: Support: MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC/AAC/OGG/AC3/WAV
    - Picture Format: Support: Max.8000x8000 JPEG BMP GIF PNG
    - WIFI: support 802.11 b/g/n
    - Bluetooth: Bluetooth v4.0
    - Output: MINI HDMI Port
    - Dimension: 88mm * 31.5mm * 15.8mm
    - DC: 5V 2A
    - Weight: <50g - Storage environment: -20°C--60°C, 10%--90% Humidity

Ports
    - 1*Mini USB,Support OTG/HOST ( USB port RJ45)
    - 1*standard USB
    - 1*Mini USB For charging
    - 1*TF card slot
    - 1*Blue LED(When connect to power
    1*Physical botton(For upgrading software)

Package Includes
    - 1*Tronsmart MK908
    - 1*charger
    - 1*hdmi cable
    - 1*micro usb cable
    - 1*otg cable
    - 1*user manual
    i bought this 2 weeks back, everything's working fine so far.
    fast and snappy.
    only thing i find weird is that there is not soft power off button. i switch the device of by yanking the power cable out. dont really feel comfortable about that.

eagerly waiting for 4.2.2!!

New ROM (experimental) is released since 27-05-2013. Its on geekbuying I think. (no time to search the link atm)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Hi guys.

I have Tronsmart Mk908 couple days and I'm pretty satisfied. I need solve some small issue and I hope you can help me with.
    the 1st thing is sound output. Because I have only pc monitor with hdmi input, but without capability to play sound from hdmi source, my issue is obvious - how to get sound from minipc? I've seen somewhere (pls don't ask me where, I really don't remember) about USB sound adapter, what should work. cheap and nice solution. I already bought this - bit.ly/10wlWEw, but it's doesn't work. Probably need some software, or drivers...
    So - any idea of working and not expensive solution?
    2nd thing is keyboard/mouse. I've also seen some Rii, KP-810 or Lenovo mini keyboards, but all of them have limits and are compromise in comfort of using. Any better idea?

Thanks for any valuable help, I will really appreciated. :fingers-crossed:

In the new ROM USB audio is working supposedly. So it should work with that ROM.
    The way I'm fixing this is a bit different because of my setup. I've got a HDMI switcher coming wich also outputs SPDIF. (Got several HDMI-devices and a AMP & beamer for wich I need the correct inputs.)
    New ROM (experimental) is released since 27-05-2013. Its on geekbuying I think. (no time to search the link atm)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

In the new ROM USB audio is working supposedly. So it should work with that ROM.
    The way I'm fixing this is a bit different because of my setup. I've got a HDMI switcher coming wich also outputs SPDIF. (Got several HDMI-devices and a AMP & beamer for wich I need the correct inputs.)

HI. New ROM installed, USB sound adapter working!!! Thanks!
    And what about keyboard/touchpad set? Frined have some bluetooth, but have difficulty to be more than 2-3 metres from minipc, can't catch signal for such distance.