Tronsmart® 42W Quick Charge 2.0 Wall Charger review

Search This thread

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us
    I just got my Quick charge 2.0 certified charger from Tronsmart yesterday. Do some small charging and here is my thought.

The charger I’m using in this review is Tronsmart TS-WC3PC Quick Charge 2.0 Rapid Wall Charger, you can check out all details from this charger at: http://www.tronsmart.com/products/-ts-wc3pc-quick-charger-2.0-rapid-wall-charger

But here is some features too:
    • Fast Charging:eek:fficially certified with Qualcomm® Quick Charge 2.0 technology provides faster charging and reduce up to 75% charging time
    • Universal charging:Also charges all non-Quick Charge 2.0 phones and tablets at their normal speed (up to 5 volts / 2.4A Max)with VoltIQ Tech Technology. With a worldwide 100-240V AC input, it's a truly global charger and perfect for international travelling
    • Safety Guarantee: Built with Industry grade materials and premium circuitry, fully protect against over-current, overcharging and overheating for safe and fast charging.
    • Quick Charge 2.0 compatible models: Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z4, Z4 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z2 Tablet, Motorola Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, HTC One M9, HTC One (M8), One Remix (Verizon Mini 2), Desire EYE, LG G Flex2, G4, Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, Mi Note, and more

Package contents: Tronsmart® 42W Quick Charge 2.0 Wall Charger, 6FT Micro USB Cable, welcome guide, and full 18 Month Worry-Free Warranty

Tronsmart TS-WC3PC also got an QC 2.0 certification from Qualcomm which can be seen at: http://www.tronsmart.com/tronsmart-quick-charge-2.0

Well, time to talk about our babe. The box is very simple, to green the earth maybe, there is not much to talk about the box, here is some pictures:

pTllY8S.jpg

uJtiREV.jpg

TbJNTuR.jpg

aJkPa2q.jpg

ZRHtbS4.jpg

CDtvMBh.jpg

UDfvQHP.jpg

Here is what insides the box:

pQAXWrL.jpg

3NqgwsS.jpg

We got 1 charger, 1 USB cable (6 ft ~ 1.8 meters, according to Google), and 1 Welcome Guide. Well, do we need a manual for a charger? Actually I haven’t read it but I think Tronsmart is very kind to provide us a manual for their charger.

Here is our babe alone:

ifFazsl.jpg

Some tech specs:

usFONWg.jpg

The cable is solid, and long, about 1.8 meters which is really long to me. The quality of the cable is really high.

You guys can check out the USB connector:

fjQxF0t.jpg

lmFxUYY.jpg

And the MicroUSB connector:

25EKLUo.jpg

U96TBvh.jpg

Let’s take a closer look at our babe ports, here you can see 1 QC 2.0 port which can produce about 5V/2A or 9V/2A or 12V/1.5A , 2 VoltIQ port which can produce about 5V/4.8A (2.4A for each ports).

ASxOu49.jpg

Vm54DeZ.jpg

Compare to the ASUS QC 2.0 charger:

1qUY1ie.jpg

gN5E4jN.jpg

Time to get our babe to work. In this short review I will test this charger to charge my Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) from 9% to 100%, time will be calculate by the stopwatch on the screen.

ai0vgy2.jpg

JJCTErs.jpg

You guys can check the pictures below, the charger is slower than original ASUS charger a bit at the first 70%, but at the total time to 100%, it win! It took about 1 hours and 18 minutes to completely charge my Zenfone 2 from 9% to 100%.

Let’s get started.

lyNHUB8.jpg

About 9 minutes to reach 21%.

Z1jMDtD.jpg

About 21 minutes to reach 35%.

9Q4I837.jpg

About 35 minutes to reach 50%.

dLnVyGt.jpg

About 53 minutes to reach 71%.

LoKgLOa.jpg

About 1 hours and 7 minutes to reach 86%.

B2f1gIA.jpg

About 1 hours and 18 minutes to reach 100%.

PJ2uW2G.jpg

Final thought, this is really good QC 2.0 charger for its price, build quality is great and the price is really acceptable especial when ASUS is selling their charger for about $29.99 USD in the US.

Key features
    • Cheap price
    • 3 USB ports for charging 3 devices at the same time.
    • Great quality

Main disadvantages
    • Non for now

You can buy this charger at Amazon for $19.99 USD. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cert...ck+Charge+2.0+42W+3+Ports+Wall+Travel+Charger

Last edited:

zeguym

Apr 14, 2009
    @Tronsmart, is this charger have led ? and LED can changes color depend on it on normal charging or QC2.0 is active ?
    I already try 2 QC2.0 charger. Aukey and LVSun. Sold my aukey, still have LVSun, now i want to try this tronsmart. Unfortunately, i only can get it on ebay/aliexpress, non local seller (indonesia). Take more than a month (if lucky).

baratheon16

May 24, 2015
    Is charging mi power strip fast ?

It was connected to QC2.0 port :D
    I also see that you also have a mi power strip.
    Since it provides charging at 5v_2.1 Amps.......so tell me
    Does it also quick charge?
    And what time it take to charge your phone from mi power strip.

dasklney

• Dec 31, 2006
    giang.us

I only monitored the Tronsmart Quick Charge only, when charging with Mi PowerStrip, it only shows normal charging, and I use Mi Powerstrip more often then quick charger.

Reactions: baratheon16

A-Gunn11

Jun 15, 2016
    I also just recently bought the [Qualcomm Certified] Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB Car Charger. I haven't tried it yet but based on your review I can't wait to start using it & see if it's as advertised. Thanks for sharing.

A-Gunn11

Jun 15, 2016
    I also just recently bought the [Qualcomm Certified] Tronsmart Quick Charge 2.0 18W USB Car Charger. I haven't tried it yet but based on your review I can't wait to start using it & see if it's as advertised. Thanks for sharing.
    Finally got a chance to use the charger briefly today. Not sure about how closely it performed to specs but I've found an unexpected benefit - it works with my wife's ancient cell phone! We've tried many different car chargers and nothing's worked with her phone. So I can guarantee that it is indeed backwards compatible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I just got my Quick charge 2.0 certified charger from Tronsmart yesterday. Do some small charging and here is my thought.

The charger I’m using in this review is Tronsmart TS-WC3PC Quick Charge 2.0 Rapid Wall Charger, you can check out all details from this charger at: http://www.tronsmart.com/products/-ts-wc3pc-quick-charger-2.0-rapid-wall-charger

But here is some features too:
      • Fast Charging:eek:fficially certified with Qualcomm® Quick Charge 2.0 technology provides faster charging and reduce up to 75% charging time
      • Universal charging:Also charges all non-Quick Charge 2.0 phones and tablets at their normal speed (up to 5 volts / 2.4A Max)with VoltIQ Tech Technology. With a worldwide 100-240V AC input, it's a truly global charger and perfect for international travelling
      • Safety Guarantee: Built with Industry grade materials and premium circuitry, fully protect against over-current, overcharging and overheating for safe and fast charging.
      • Quick Charge 2.0 compatible models: Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z4, Z4 Tablet, Z3, Z3 Compact, Z3 Tablet Compact, Z2 Tablet, Motorola Droid Turbo, Moto X 2014, HTC One M9, HTC One (M8), One Remix (Verizon Mini 2), Desire EYE, LG G Flex2, G4, Xiaomi Mi3, Mi4, Mi Note, and more

Package contents: Tronsmart® 42W Quick Charge 2.0 Wall Charger, 6FT Micro USB Cable, welcome guide, and full 18 Month Worry-Free Warranty

Tronsmart TS-WC3PC also got an QC 2.0 certification from Qualcomm which can be seen at: http://www.tronsmart.com/tronsmart-quick-charge-2.0

Well, time to talk about our babe. The box is very simple, to green the earth maybe, there is not much to talk about the box, here is some pictures:

pTllY8S.jpg

uJtiREV.jpg

TbJNTuR.jpg

aJkPa2q.jpg

ZRHtbS4.jpg

CDtvMBh.jpg

UDfvQHP.jpg

Here is what insides the box:

pQAXWrL.jpg

3NqgwsS.jpg

We got 1 charger, 1 USB cable (6 ft ~ 1.8 meters, according to Google), and 1 Welcome Guide. Well, do we need a manual for a charger? Actually I haven’t read it but I think Tronsmart is very kind to provide us a manual for their charger.

Here is our babe alone:

ifFazsl.jpg

Some tech specs:

usFONWg.jpg

The cable is solid, and long, about 1.8 meters which is really long to me. The quality of the cable is really high.

You guys can check out the USB connector:

fjQxF0t.jpg

lmFxUYY.jpg

And the MicroUSB connector:

25EKLUo.jpg

U96TBvh.jpg

Let’s take a closer look at our babe ports, here you can see 1 QC 2.0 port which can produce about 5V/2A or 9V/2A or 12V/1.5A , 2 VoltIQ port which can produce about 5V/4.8A (2.4A for each ports).

ASxOu49.jpg

Vm54DeZ.jpg

Compare to the ASUS QC 2.0 charger:

1qUY1ie.jpg

gN5E4jN.jpg

Time to get our babe to work. In this short review I will test this charger to charge my Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML) from 9% to 100%, time will be calculate by the stopwatch on the screen.

ai0vgy2.jpg

JJCTErs.jpg

You guys can check the pictures below, the charger is slower than original ASUS charger a bit at the first 70%, but at the total time to 100%, it win! It took about 1 hours and 18 minutes to completely charge my Zenfone 2 from 9% to 100%.

Let’s get started.

lyNHUB8.jpg

About 9 minutes to reach 21%.

Z1jMDtD.jpg

About 21 minutes to reach 35%.

9Q4I837.jpg

About 35 minutes to reach 50%.

dLnVyGt.jpg

About 53 minutes to reach 71%.

LoKgLOa.jpg

About 1 hours and 7 minutes to reach 86%.

B2f1gIA.jpg

About 1 hours and 18 minutes to reach 100%.

PJ2uW2G.jpg

Final thought, this is really good QC 2.0 charger for its price, build quality is great and the price is really acceptable especial when ASUS is selling their charger for about $29.99 USD in the US.

Key features
      • Cheap price
      • 3 USB ports for charging 3 devices at the same time.
      • Great quality

Main disadvantages
      • Non for now

You can buy this charger at Amazon for $19.99 USD. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cert...ck+Charge+2.0+42W+3+Ports+Wall+Travel+Charger
      I have their quick charger with only 1 quick charging USB port and I'm also very satisfied with him. 15.9 $ on eBay..

I only monitored the Tronsmart Quick Charge only, when charging with Mi PowerStrip, it only shows normal charging, and I use Mi Powerstrip more often then quick charger.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone