Trouble applying hwt themes

Search This thread

MissMaturity

Jan 28, 2018
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to apply hwt Themes through the Huawei themes app. I can apply any hwt themes made by others through downloading from the Internet and putting in internal storage>Huawei>themes. However when I want to make my own it doesnt show up in the theme app. This also includes when I just duplicate a theme in the Themes folder that I have had success in applying and renaming it. The new renamed file doesn't show up!

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have mate 10. It was alp-al00 china version and rebranded to alp-al29 international version.

Last edited:

ubermorgan

Mar 31, 2014
Check out somboons post. Should be either mate 8 or mate 9 forum but he has a themes patch that should work. It's worked on my rooted mate 8 and mate 9 pro.

Sent from my AL10 using Tapatalk

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to apply hwt Themes through the Huawei themes app. I can apply any hwt themes made by others through downloading from the Internet and putting in internal storage>Huawei>themes. However when I want to make my own it doesnt show up in the theme app. This also includes when I just duplicate a theme in the Themes folder that I have had success in applying and renaming it. The new renamed file doesn't show up!

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have mate 10. It was alp-al00 china version and rebranded to alp-al29 international version.

If you just duplicate the file .hwt - it is not enough. You have to also change theme name in the description (inside .hwt) to display it in Theme Manager app.