• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Trouble returning to stock? Possible solution.

Search This thread

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
I spent half yesterday, into the wee hours of the morning trying to get my pixel back to life. Figured I'd post my goof as it may help someone later.

I flashed the aosp build using the android flash tool just out of curiosity. Realizing dual sim did not work on asop without gapps of some sort, I decided to go back to the public builds. That's where things went crashing down, fast and hard. Literally 6 hours trying everything I knew and everything I could find. Tried 3 different computers, multiple different cables, made sure adb and fastboot were updated like 5 times, tried using the flash tool, tried downloading and using flash all, tried erasing everything and starting over, tried lineage, tried side loading via adb, tried fastboot flashing individual images... All failed, flash tool complaining about not enough space, local installs complaining about missing partitions, not valid files, just everything that could go wrong did. The only thing I could successfully get installed was aosp.

The solution? What was preventing it? I use ublock and privacy badger. Disabling those, off to the races, everything went smoothly and I'm back up and running. What puzzled me, how could I used the flash tool to go to aosp but not back? Why, or how was it interfering with a local flash? Maybe things got screwed up somehow and that was messing with the local flash...idk but if you're in my position try disabling those and give it a whirl.

noidea24

May 27, 2012
Atlanta
Which flash tool are you talking about? Everything you're doing sounds overly complicated.

I recommend sticking with cmd for windows, and terminals in linux .

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
Which flash tool are you talking about? Everything you're doing sounds overly complicated.

I recommend sticking with cmd for windows, and terminals in linux .
I tried that, I tried using the flash all bat for windows and then I tried flashing individual images via adb. Nothing worked. I have no clue why the local installations kept failing unless, as I said something got messed up using the android flash tool via chrome.

Here's the flash tool which I used to load aosp.

hanni2301

Nov 4, 2014
I can't understand what problem you were facing:

use newest platform tools
use newest Google USB drivers
use firmware image of google developers page
reboot into fastboot (by volDown + Power or via adb)
flash-all

working smooth like butter if you can read

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
I can't understand what problem you were facing:

use newest platform tools
use newest Google USB drivers
use firmware image of google developers page
reboot into fastboot (by volDown + Power or via adb)
flash-all

working smooth like butter if you can read
I'm guessing you can't read, I did all that. I'm simply posting this in case someone else runs into the same issue I did. As I said, I'm not sure if trying the aosp build changed anything or any of my numerous attempts fouled something. The only way back was disabling ublock and privacy badger and using the flash tool. For clarification, I've been doing this since the very first android, the T-Mobile G1 and am not new to this game.

hanni2301

Nov 4, 2014
You were right, I didn't read carefully enough, or to call it by it's name, I misunderstood your posts. The title of your thread lets believe that you have trouble returning to stock and you need help on that.

That something goofy kicked you out of routine I didn't read (was reading from newest to oldest post, so tbh, that was not clever)

I'm also not new to this, so let us stay calm. Nice that you share your experiences.

I would suggest to change the title in: 'try this if you have trouble with returning to stock' I r something similar.

Have a good time!

Reactions: Ducter

Ducter

Jan 10, 2009
You were right, I didn't read carefully enough, or to call it by it's name, I misunderstood your posts. The title of your thread lets believe that you have trouble returning to stock and you need help on that.

That something goofy kicked you out of routine I didn't read (was reading from newest to oldest post, so tbh, that was not clever)

I'm also not new to this, so let us stay calm. Nice that you share your experiences.

I would suggest to change the title in: 'try this if you have trouble with returning to stock' I r something similar.

Have a good time!
No problem. I'm still at a loss as to what went wrong but needless to say, for myself, I won't be trying AOSP via the flash tool again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Have a good time!
    Little late on this, but I was in a rut as well then realized I had adblockers on which caused issue with the flash tool.