[Troubleshoot] PIT FILE Bootloader CSC Modem, firmware and Debrick Image for s7562

Search This thread

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
I am not responsible for any damages that happen by using this guide to you or your mobile or your pc. this guide is only meant for samsung s dous gt-s7562 which might had been bricked and have no other option to get it back, can try this guide to bring it back to life or return to a factory default state completely, yet there is no guarantee that it will work with every device. don't blame me.

These files here are to be used with care and only on Samsung Galaxy S Dous GT-S7562.

Information about what we are going to do here
basically these files will flash, re-partition and write data to your device the way it was shipped to you. so whatever changes you have made to the device system, boot or recovery will be replaced to default sorting out any bugs within the different partitions.
you may hesitate to flash this firmware rather than your country firmware, but the first thing we should do here is make your phone start working again. after that you can flash to your baseband. the files are all here on xda. and you can always find a way around.

Requirements
1. A bricked gt-s7562 where you can only have access to the download mode by pressing Down+Power button+Home button if its hard brick where you can't even reach download mode and recovery and looks like its dead, check thread post #4
2. Working Data cable
3. PC with windows
4. Make sure your recovery is dead have you been pressing all the up down home and power button and releasing after seeing the samsung screen?

Instructions. (follow it or stay dead)

1. Download the zip file S7562DXBMD1_S7562OLBBMD1_S7562XXBMD2_Android_4.0.4_4 and save it on your pc.
2. Extract the files using any winzip, winrar, 7zip
3. Open odin3 v3.07.exe
4. Browse PIT and navigate to the downloaded folder to find the file "signed_kyle_v2_0604.pit"
5. Browse Bootloader and open file BOOTLOADER_S7562XXBMD2_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
6. Browse PDA and open file CODE_S7562XXBMD2_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
7. Browse Phone and open file MODEM_S7562DXBMD1_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
8. Browse CSC and Open file CSC_OLB_S7562OLBBMD1_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
9. Check that auto reboot, re-partition and f-reset time are ticked. (see screenshot to cross check.)
attachment.php

10. You sure? then start the process and wait for it to complete.

Attachments

• full_s7562.png
    full_s7562.png
    152.5 KB · Views: 15,314
Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Thanks for ur post

Have tried ur method 4-5 times still phone stuck at Samsung bootanimation. Only download mode is accessible

Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried removing the battery then switch on again and try to get into recovery mode?
If you can get into recovery mode after flashing pit and pda through odin. wipe cache and factory reset then try again.

also it would be helpful if you can provide a screenshot if there are any errors while flashing in odin

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Hard Brick to Unbrick image Recovery Method

Method Not working
Here is another Method that I've found but, still haven't come across a situation like this to try and test out myself, see If anyone whose Samsung S dous s7562 (Only this device) has a Problem where he can't even reach the download mode or the recovery mode Only then you should try this.
if You're able to either get to download mode or recovery, please don't try this at all unless you're a scientist or an engineer. :p

Requirement
1. An external sd card 4gb(class 10) (1st priority) or 16gb (both untested) (2GB and 8GB won't work, must be class 10)
2. Card reader and
3. PC.

Procedure
1st Connect the external sd card to the card reader move all the files to your pc and format it.

2nd. Download and extract this debrick.img image from debrick.zip

3rd Download and extract this software win iso burner

4th. Open the software win32diskimager.exe and browse the debrick.img

6th. Write the debrick.img onto it.

After it's successfully written, close it and remove battery and put the sdcard in your device and switch it on.
if you can then get into download mode, you should follow the instructions from the 1st post above.

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Sometimes getting into recovery could be quite a tricky task with this device, before concluding that you can't reach your recovery.
Please try holding power button + home button + up and down button both at the same time(at the center) and keep holding untill you see the samsung S dous 7562 screen then leave the button.

Reactions: MaxxiMillian

MaxxiMillian

Dec 27, 2013
No result Billysam
Nothing happened
I even made my own jig that woks fine with other Samsung phones
But mine nothing it start the phone though but no download mode

And isn't there any other program that can detect the phone on PC while its off like android commander .. as you suggest resting might be the only solution ... or might be some hardware ic problem !!!!

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Adb won't work, unless your device had usb debugging enabled or a matter of fact your device to be readable enough to know it is usb debugable. But I am sorry to say it looks more like the storage is all messed up with bruises so much that even kernel is not readable. Your was not a case of bad flashing rom or kernel, it was a physical damage. And when that happens to any storage device, be it a cd, dvd, hard disks or a mobile emmc. You change it.

I am not really a hardware expert, but dwelling into this matter further, trying to repair it, wouldn't be easy at all, because maybe I am right about the chip, and it solves to some extent but what if you replace it, then come to know that there were more damages suffered?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxxiMillian

MaxxiMillian

Dec 27, 2013
Hello Billysam,

5 points and 5 points only needed to mention .. May be you are right troubleshooting is over .. But for future consideration .. And small brainstorm ..

Point No. 1 :
Mobile repair store actually did not damage, broke or misplace and thing in my phone because they did not open it at all ... As soon as they saw the phone they its software related problem though I mentioned that the phone has an accident .. One of them actually told that if its hardware related (emmc ic) it will show the samsung logo and then restart .. even that one them told the solution is JTAG ..

Point No. 2 :
I had second S duos which I gifted after I did mix of the parts and reached to conclusion that the problem is the board which has every thing intact
piece by piece cause I separated every little part camera, led, speaker and antenna even the screen with the touch working perfectly fine the accident did not harm the screen in any way not a scratch ... And also I rooted, custom rom, stock rom with odin and custom rom again and phone was working fine with no problems till it hit the wall .. I know pretty much every thing about boot, recovery, recovery mode, fast boot and adb shell and also download mode ..

Point No. 3 :
The phone show the start screen and even download mode but as soon as it shows those it restarts .. I even made my own JIG .. whic works perfectly with other samsung phone goes immediately to download mode .. but my phone starts but nothing on the screen and restart like before ..

Point No. 4 :
Debrick !! what does it do ??? !!!! because it didn't do any thing to my phone ... it need little explaining so may be I did some wrong with the steps .. And I used 2 g.b. external sd card .. Is it compulsory to use more then 2 g.b. sd card ??!! ... ( what it had to do with starting dead phone and how ?? ) ..

Point No. 5 :
Used to and currently also using Nokia phones in their flashing program there was a mode of dead phone flashing which does not require starting phone full dead and flashes fine .. Isn't there a method like that for samsung a program or something ... yeah may its the JTAG ... I mean some thing with usb cable like fastboot or any other android commander or event trough connecting it with another phone ...

Sorry for inconvenience ... thanks alot ....

Last edited:

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Hello Billysam,

5 points and 5 points only needed to mention .. May be you are right troubleshooting is over .. But for future consideration .. And small brainstorm ..

Point No. 1 :
Mobile repair store actually did not damage, broke or misplace and thing in my phone because they did not open it at all ... As soon as they saw the phone they its software related problem though I mentioned that the phone has an accident .. One of them actually told that if its hardware related (emmc ic) it will show the samsung logo and then restart .. even that one them told the solution is JTAG ..

Point No. 2 :
I had second S duos which I gifted after I did mix of the parts and reached to conclusion that the problem is the board which has every thing intact
piece by piece cause I separated every little part camera, led, speaker and antenna even the screen with the touch working perfectly fine the accident did not harm the screen in any way not a scratch ... And also I rooted, custom rom, stock rom with odin and custom rom again and phone was working fine with no problems till it hit the wall .. I know pretty much every thing about boot, recovery, recovery mode, fast boot and adb shell and also download mode ..

Point No. 3 :
The phone show the start screen and even download mode but as soon as it shows those it restarts .. I even made my own JIG .. whic works perfectly with other samsung phone goes immediately to download mode .. but my phone starts but nothing on the screen and restart like before ..

Point No. 4 :
Debrick !! what does it do ??? !!!! because it didn't do any thing to my phone ... it need little explaining so may be I did some wrong with the steps .. And I used 2 g.b. external sd card .. Is it compulsory to use more then 2 g.b. sd card ??!! ... ( what it had to do with starting dead phone and how ?? ) ..

Point No. 5 :
Used to and currently also using Nokia phones in their flashing program there was a mode of dead phone flashing which does not require starting phone full dead and flashes fine .. Isn't there a method like that for samsung a program or something ... yeah may its the JTAG ... I mean some thing with usb cable like fastboot or any other android commander or event trough connecting it with another phone ...

Sorry for inconvenience ... thanks alot ....

You shouldn't have used a 2gb card, thats why I said more than 2GB dear. The reason I am not sure about this is clear, I havent tested this method.
the debrick.img is basically a image that contains boot files, by writing this img on an external sdcard, we are making the device use the external sdcard as an internal to boot, like a live linux cd or a bootable windows cd. our device is 4GB internal if I am not mistaken, my guess would be try with a 4GB sdcard preferably a class10, if that also doesnt work try another card 8 or 16gb.
people have used this method on other devices with success too, but on our devices, if you can make it work, it would be the first, and you my friend will be the first one.

Reactions: darkvoyager

gvprasad

May 10, 2014
Hard bricked s duos 7562

Phone turn on with little vibration after that the screen remains black screen. Whatever changes that i done with 3 button combination it still remains black screen.
Even i tried the "Debrick" method with 8gb SD card. No use..!!!
And finally done my DIY USB Jig also but still no use.. :(
Think so the phone get hard bricked. So what can i do further?? :(:eek:

Last edited:

just_saprol

Dec 27, 2015
My phone just stuck in firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again after try your method

what should i do?

thanks before

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
My phone just stuck in firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies and try again after try your method

what should i do?

thanks before

Sorry for the late reply, please quote or mention my username ID with an @ so that I can get notified and reply sooner.

which method did you used exactly? did it get interrupted or lost power in the middle of the process? can you still access download mode?

always take care when flashing that you don't lose power in between the process and don't force close and wait patiently.

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Phone turn on with little vibration after that the screen remains black screen. Whatever changes that i done with 3 button combination it still remains black screen.
Even i tried the "Debrick" method with 8gb SD card. No use..!!!
And finally done my DIY USB Jig also but still no use.. :(
Think so the phone get hard bricked. So what can i do further?? :(:eek:

So, 8GB card also didn't worked. I am sorry that it didn't worked out for you. the debrick method it's still not been successfully done for our device. although I have seen other people doing it on their device for some reason, it's not taking on our device. there a 16GB card was used. (the result varied for different users) I don't know what can do further than this to say try with a 16GB card as well or give it to your local shop.

last resort is a JTAG that a professional should try. which I am not and myself had given to the expert local shop when faced a hard brick.

Reactions: gvprasad

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
@billysam thank u a zillion for ur guide.

I had this phone lying around for an year or 2 & I just tried this & bam.. it booted up

Cant thank u enough.
ur the best

Wow! Congrats buddy and thank you for letting me know that it did some good for you at least. you were the first to try my method from the 1st post which failed the first time. but which one did worked for you exactly? the debrick? can you share what you did?
it will help others as well too.

Reactions: MaxisMan

daneal2u

Aug 31, 2013
Islamabad
OnePlus 7T
Wow! Congrats buddy and thank you for letting me know that it did some good for you at least. you were the first to try my method from the 1st post which failed the first time. but which one did worked for you exactly? the debrick? can you share what you did?

I did the 1st one
followed each & every step & got my s duos resurrected thanks 2 u @billysam

boy maztoul

Aug 16, 2015
the 4th post doesn't help me !!!! i used two 8GB sd cards and doesn't work for me!!!! (one with class 10 and the other class 4)
i neeeeeeeeeeeeed another solution please !!!! :( :( :( :( :crying: :crying: :crying:
sorry for bad english !

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
Here is another Method that I've found but, still haven't come across a situation like this to try and test out myself, see If anyone whose Samsung S dous s7562 (Only this device) has a Problem where he can't even reach the download mode or the recovery mode Only then you should try this.
if You're able to either get to download mode or recovery, please don't try this at all unless you're a scientist or an engineer. :p

Requirement
1. An external sd card 4gb(class 10) (1st priority) or 16gb (both untested) (2GB and 8GB won't work, must be class 10)
2. Card reader and
3. PC.

Procedure
1st Connect the external sd card to the card reader move all the files to your pc and format it.

After it's successfully written, close it and remove battery and put the sdcard in your device and switch it on.
if you can then get into download mode, you should follow the instructions from the 1st post above.

Could you explain what that debrick image does and where its from?

Gesendet von meinem GT-S7562

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Could you explain what that debrick image does and where its from?

well the debrick image is from my samsung s duos GT-S7562, the debrick img was taken out from running the dd command
if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1M count=128
where mmcblk0 is the location where all the partition layout information is stored.
it copies the files AMSS.MBN and AMSSHD.MBN and puts them onto the image file which are the files responsible for the fast boot.
so basically its an image of s duos device boot. so we are writing the files on an external card the same way its written on our internal card.
Now, I have read on xda forum itself of other samsung S III users(or you can say mobiles using snapdragon) have this wiring setup where in case internal card is not readable it shifts to the external card.

Hope this answer your Question?
But seriously, It's just a theory in our case. there haven't been any report of anyone from our S Duos users getting this to work.
although I feel it should work, if not, might take some hardware wiring to make this work. that would be practical.

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
well the debrick image is from my samsung s duos GT-S7562, the debrick img was taken out from running the dd command
if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/debrick.img bs=1M count=128
where mmcblk0 is the location where all the partition layout information is stored.
it copies the files AMSS.MBN and AMSSHD.MBN and puts them onto the image file which are the files responsible for the fast boot.
so basically its an image of s duos device boot. so we are writing the files on an external card the same way its written on our internal card.
Now, I have read on xda forum itself of other samsung S III users(or you can say mobiles using snapdragon) have this wiring setup where in case internal card is not readable it shifts to the external card.

Hope this answer your Question?
But seriously, It's just a theory in our case. there haven't been any report of anyone from our S Duos users getting this to work.
although I feel it should work, if not, might take some hardware wiring to make this work. that would be practical.
Yes thanks...
i already tried that without success.
I found the information in that thread http://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-partitions-backup-t3003599
which lead me to the s3 threads too.
Without using dd commands the app does it for you.
That method is propably not supported.

damn i still have a hard bricked s7562 lying around waiting for its time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not responsible for any damages that happen by using this guide to you or your mobile or your pc. this guide is only meant for samsung s dous gt-s7562 which might had been bricked and have no other option to get it back, can try this guide to bring it back to life or return to a factory default state completely, yet there is no guarantee that it will work with every device. don't blame me.

These files here are to be used with care and only on Samsung Galaxy S Dous GT-S7562.

Information about what we are going to do here
    basically these files will flash, re-partition and write data to your device the way it was shipped to you. so whatever changes you have made to the device system, boot or recovery will be replaced to default sorting out any bugs within the different partitions.
    you may hesitate to flash this firmware rather than your country firmware, but the first thing we should do here is make your phone start working again. after that you can flash to your baseband. the files are all here on xda. and you can always find a way around.

Requirements
    1. A bricked gt-s7562 where you can only have access to the download mode by pressing Down+Power button+Home button if its hard brick where you can't even reach download mode and recovery and looks like its dead, check thread post #4
    2. Working Data cable
    3. PC with windows
    4. Make sure your recovery is dead have you been pressing all the up down home and power button and releasing after seeing the samsung screen?

Instructions. (follow it or stay dead)

1. Download the zip file S7562DXBMD1_S7562OLBBMD1_S7562XXBMD2_Android_4.0.4_4 and save it on your pc.
    2. Extract the files using any winzip, winrar, 7zip
    3. Open odin3 v3.07.exe
    4. Browse PIT and navigate to the downloaded folder to find the file "signed_kyle_v2_0604.pit"
    5. Browse Bootloader and open file BOOTLOADER_S7562XXBMD2_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    6. Browse PDA and open file CODE_S7562XXBMD2_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    7. Browse Phone and open file MODEM_S7562DXBMD1_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    8. Browse CSC and Open file CSC_OLB_S7562OLBBMD1_1216076_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
    9. Check that auto reboot, re-partition and f-reset time are ticked. (see screenshot to cross check.)
    attachment.php

10. You sure? then start the process and wait for it to complete.
    Hard Brick to Unbrick image Recovery Method

Method Not working

Requirement
    2. Card reader and
    3. PC.

Procedure

so ....... the only solution is JTAG ???? any other solution ??
    my phone is hardbricked for months and i'm :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :rolleyes:
    thanks anyway for reply !:good:
    For real.....
    Save the money and get yourself another device.

How is it bricked.
    Is it shown as usb device in pc when connected? Or nothing?
    any one tried the 4th post ?????? :confused:
    Doesn't work till now.
    Probably this is not supported by hardware.

I did the 1st one
    followed each & every step & got my s duos resurrected thanks 2 u @billysam