Question True Always On Display possible on the stock rom?

Search This thread

Apple740

Jul 30, 2012
I know the "disable miu optimizations" trick but that ain't a good idea, and i can install a third party Always On Display app from the Playstore, but with the latter the fingerprintscanner doesn't function well when unlocking the device so a no go either.

Any other workarounds to get rid of that ridiculous 10 second limitation from Xiaomi other than installing a custom rom?
If i knew this in advance i would have never bought this phone.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I know the "disable miu optimizations" trick but that ain't a good idea, and i can install a third party Always On Display app from the Playstore, but with the latter the fingerprintscanner doesn't function well when unlocking the device so a no go either.

Any other workarounds to get rid of that ridiculous 10 second limitation from Xiaomi other than installing a custom rom?
Try:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/miui-13-stable-release.64441/

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
I have MIUI 13.0.14 but nothing worked as it was on Samsung. I know apps from Google Play that work as it was previous, but they want access to read messages from phone. Is it safe?
If the apps come from the play store, it should be safe.
Some apps need specific permissions to work.
It's just the security on the Xiaomi that blocks while on other brands these authorizations are automatically granted.

reg1stration

Oct 27, 2012
It's just the security on the Xiaomi that blocks while on other brands these authorizations are automatically granted.
So they actually can't see messages body, just count of unread messages?

Hi, I found this magisk module on Mods center Telegram channel (which yes, needs to be rooted)

This basically removes the 10s limit. Don't have any screenshot but should work in the latest MIUI 13 since the module was made recently (posted on September 15 in the channel)

PS: Never tested it myself on stock ROM

Download (Gdrive) Made by Kashi

Mod edit: TG link removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Apple740

Jul 30, 2012
Hi, I found this magisk module on Mods center Telegram channel (which yes, needs to be rooted)

This basically removes the 10s limit. Don't have any screenshot but should work in the latest MIUI 13 since the module was made recently (posted on September 15 in the channel)

PS: Never tested it myself on stock ROM

Download (Gdrive) Made by Kashi

Mod edit: TG link removed
To get root i need to unlock the bootloader, might as well flash a custom rom then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have MIUI 13.0.14 but nothing worked as it was on Samsung. I know apps from Google Play that work as it was previous, but they want access to read messages from phone. Is it safe?