Votes: 51 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jwbrint

Oct 11, 2007
Addison, TX
I was looking for a true silent ringtone that I could add to certain contacts that I still wanted to know were calling but didn't want to hear. So I thought I could easily search for a "silent" ringtone. Sounded easy enough.

I saw several posts, here and on other forums, where people were looking for a silent ringtone, but the only ones I could find were the ringtone that "only kids could hear, not adults". You know the one where it is at such a high frequency that "anyone over 30ish". Well, what I was looking for was a truly silent ringtone. So I downloaded Audacity and decided to create one for myself.

I created a 30 second silent mp3 ringtone (in stereo, :)). Now, I can add that custom ringtone to any contacts that I want. Since I had seen many requests for something like this on here and while googling, I decided to share with all.

And since I know how most people dislike RapidShare, I have attached the file to this post. Maybe others will find this as useful as I have.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• 30sec_Silent_Ringtone.zip
    464.8 KB · Views: 8,563

marcelvanblankers

May 3, 2007
I was looking for a true silent ringtone that I could add to certain contacts that I still wanted to know were calling but didn't want to hear. So I thought I could easily search for a "silent" ringtone. Sounded easy enough.

I saw several posts, here and on other forums, where people were looking for a silent ringtone, but the only ones I could find were the ringtone that "only kids could hear, not adults". You know the one where it is at such a high frequency that "anyone over 30ish". Well, what I was looking for was a truly silent ringtone. So I downloaded Audacity and decided to create one for myself.

I created a 30 second silent mp3 ringtone (in stereo, :)). Now, I can add that custom ringtone to any contacts that I want. Since I had seen many requests for something like this on here and while googling, I decided to share with all.

And since I know how most people dislike RapidShare, I have attached the file to this post. Maybe others will find this as useful as I have.

Enjoy.

Very good, good solution.
tnx m8..

jwbrint

Oct 11, 2007
Addison, TX
No problem, glad I could help.

I just found it weird that I was unable to find where anyone had done this before. I'm sure it has been but I just couldn't find any silent ringtones to download.

techfiend2

Jan 15, 2008
Great idea jwbrint!

I have recorded silence in the past on old phones BUT it always makes SOME noise.

Will download this now - GREAT :)

40bobh

Aug 25, 2008
This is a great forum. I just found it. I am retired (old) so bear with me if I am a little slow on some things. I just got a Samsung M520 with Sprint and I want to setup a genuine silent ringer. I downloaded the attached silent ringer from this thread but the format has to be changed to something I have never heard of. I will paste in a copy of a post that describes the way the ringer has to be saved/formatted.

Would any of you younger more tech savy users be willing to convert this ringer to the proper format and attach it here for me? I am going to copy it to my SD card and then move it to the Samsung so that I can assign it. On this Samsung the ringer needs to appear as a video and then the phone will allow assigning and moving it. I know it works that way because I created a "video ringer" using my camcorder feature and this phone will allow ringers if they are "cloaked" as video. Go figure!

Paste:

Change the profile at the bottom of your program window to 3GPP2 - 3rd Generation Partnership Project (*.3g2). Change the "Destination" textbox to the place where you want your ringtone to save to. If you wish to save the property settings and destination, you can click on "Save As..." to save the profile. Now press the "encode" button. Once it finishes, goto your destination and find the file you just converted. Make sure your file is under 512kb. If it is not, lower the duration, bit rate, or sample rate. You're almost finished.

Now you'll need to transfer the converted file onto your phone memory using one of the three ways mentioned in the beginning. It MUST be in the following folder: \DCIM\100SSMED\. Look familiar? It's the same place where you store all of your pictures and videos.

End of paste.

My computer is old -- 500 meghz with 200 meg of Ram so some of this video stuff is beyond its capabilities. I am on XP. I don't know of a software for doing these conversions that runs well on under 150 meg of Ram. Open to suggestions.

Sorry to beg but if you can attach this here I'ld be appreciative. The file size has to be under 500 K so feel free to shorten the ringer time if you need to. Thanks in advance.

I am going to reading around here alot for the next couple of days. This place is cool.

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
Hello Fellas, I happen to come across this thread. Okay, help me with this. A silent ringtone? Are you trying to avoid a call? I mean do you set a ringtone for everyone else? Not trying to make fun just trying to understand the rational.

clinton

Dec 4, 2006
Thanks!

Great help for wrong numbers.

I get calls from an old lady who cant figure out how to reprogram her speed dail.

teds2583

Jul 19, 2009
Thanks

I just downloaded the silence...ahhh...and applied it to a friend who calls WAY too much each day. Now if I could just stop this person from leaving me 10 messages a day on voice mail, arg!

J

jagooch

This is a very useful alternative of using commercial programs that can auto silent the blacklisted people, etc.

Smart!

Some call filtering applications are slow, so that phone still rings once before being silenced. SPB Phone Suite 1.3.1 is like this. If you know of one that does not have this problem, please share :)

And thanks to OP for the silent ringtone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy.