True Stock 2.1 firmware for vibrant

Search This thread

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
The other is NOT A ROM. Its just a dump with hacked up stuff.

This is the REAL SHIPPED ROM.

We both got these from the same source.

There is no hacked up anything. It is the OFFICIAL ODIN .tar for the release and the same firmware you just linked to as well as instructions and the NANDroid images of JFD that were previously available in ROOTED and UNROOTED forms. Please dont spread mis-info.

The only HACK was Scepterr using the older lib.so in a NANDroid image for those coming from MSGuru's Pre-Release that is no longer hosted for the Radio to work untill we got ahold of an actual release and I'm sure many people were thankful to have their data working in the meantime until Samsung-Firmwares dumped this one on us.

Last edited:

iB4STiD

Nov 29, 2008
somewhere
infamousdevelopment.com

There is no hacked up anything. It is the .tar of the same firmware you just linked to as well as instructions and the NANDroid images. Please dont spread mis-info.

The only HACK was Scepterr using the older lib.so in a NANDroid image that is no longer hosted for the Radio to work untill we got ahold of an actual release and I'm sure many people were thankful to have their data working in the meantime until Samsung-Firmwares dumped this one on us.

justanothercrowd: thanx for clearing that up and for sharing the rom with the rest of us !!

There is no hacked up anything. It is the OFFICIAL ODIN .tar for the release and the same firmware you just linked to as well as instructions and the NANDroid images of JFD that were previously available in ROOTED and UNROOTED forms. Please dont spread mis-info.

The only HACK was Scepterr using the older lib.so in a NANDroid image for those coming from MSGuru's Pre-Release that is no longer hosted for the Radio to work untill we got ahold of an actual release and I'm sure many people were thankful to have their data working in the meantime until Samsung-Firmwares dumped this one on us.

The whole nan-droid non-sense should be taken down. Because all it does it turn your phone into one big hack. When you can just flash this firmware (which is real) and you get your phone back 100% real. radio/baseband etc. No need for 3G patches / blah blah.

justanothercrowd

Jan 29, 2009
The whole nan-droid non-sense should be taken down. Because all it does it turn your phone into one big hack. When you can just flash this firmware (which is real) and you get your phone back 100% real. radio/baseband etc. No need for 3G patches / blah blah.

The NANDroid may come down but for now they are useful for users that only want to get their system.img back and save their data without having to use a PC. It can be downloaded from the phone and used via recovery unlike the ODIN images. MAC users may find them handy to if they don't have the knowledge to setup a VM and need to get their phone back for return/usability reasons.

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
Just wondering...on the site, why does it say " If you come from America don't flash! (Ask for a firmware in the forums)"?

AndroidZ28

Jul 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
This is exactly what I'm wondering...and I hate to be a noob, but could somebody post a step by step procedure to flash to this firmware using odin? I am extremely paranoid about bricking my new toy and don't want to screw it up! :eek:

Does this also include all the stock apps and junkware?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

It is not that complicated people... What part of STOCK don't you get!?!?

This is the same thing you will get if you go buy another Vibrant. It is the same thing your Vibrant had out of the box...

It is STOCK!

rmind01

Apr 8, 2009
Orlando
My suggestion...if you find your phone laggy, 3g slow,dropping data then flash this. I have done it to 3 vibrants today and my buddies are happy! Also have 2 buddies with captivates and it operates like it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
It doesn't matter what you flash this over. Its a full flash works with odin. Time to play .

Sent from my SGS Vibrant using tapatalk :)

Top Liked Posts