Trying to get back to stock ROM

Search This thread

Ruttix

Sep 25, 2014
Hey guys,
Today I messed up with TWRP and accidentally deleted the data partition.
I had used janjan's solution like a year ago to get magisk (I'm assuming my DRM keys are gone), and my BL is also unlocked.
Sadly, my phone booted to the new setup wizard, and now magisk is not working.
I'm desperately trying to get back to stock ROM in order to get root again and have a custom kernel or some other custom ROM instead.
I'm not sure if that is possible any longer, I tried using newflasher (v19) to flash into stock but sadly it didn't recognize the phone.
I'm kinda lost, and I would love if someone would help and point me in some direction in order to get things working again.
Current situation is I'm on firmware 47.1.A.12.179, and cannot simply update it through fota (it won't install), magisk isn't working, but the phone does connect to google play store and functions 'normally' (without root though).

If anyone has any idea of what I could do next, that would be supreme.
Thanks for your time!

Ruttix

Sep 25, 2014
Thanks! I'll update with details

Edit: Amazing mate! This worked! My camera is back!
So many many many thanks :D

Last edited:

eidrag

Aug 3, 2012
Just came here to say thanks. Spend few hours trying to install drivers when I actually mistook flash mode with fastboot mode lol

AciDBorN

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, I have an xz1 compact with bootloader unlocked and root with custom rom installed (AEX rom). can i use emma to restore android 9 stock?
Thank you

Dfis

Sep 21, 2022
Hello
Tried to restore to stock ROM from EMMA, worked like a charm... But I can't ReLock back the bootloader.
Any advice?

Top Liked Posts