Trying to identify a UIS8581 unit

Search This thread

Rob_Quads

Feb 23, 2007
Is anyone able to help me identify what unit this is? Its meant to be a higher end unit but finding it really sluggish and also looking at some of the reports its using > 6GB of ram OOB out of 8GB (Not sure how the 2GB unit would have worked) .

Sometimes when turning it back on from standby when playing music etc its really jumpy as its its doing something in the background. Anyone got any recommendations on apps to show what using up all the CPU?

It appears to be a UIS8581 based unit, I have run the HWGetinfo tool on it but its reporting its not a FYT unit.

Attachments

• IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3576.jpg
    IMG_3576.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74

Rob_Quads

Feb 23, 2007
Bit harsh - I have been search but how am I meant to know to search for ZLA not ZLH? Also, searching for "ZLA_" returns a total of 1 hit, a google search for `XDA developers "ZLA_"` also returns just a couple hits not in this forum?

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Bit harsh - I have been search but how am I meant to know to search for ZLA not ZLH? Also, searching for "ZLA_" returns a total of 1 hit, a google search for `XDA developers "ZLA_"` also returns just a couple hits not in this forum?
ZLA was a typo... sorry.
My posting was not meant to be harsh, but this unit is really completely unknown on XDA.

Bhold89

Dec 26, 2022
Talking with the seller, mine was sold by COIKA.
It seems that it follows some patterns that are very similar to other HU's, you just need to make the following to update for example, the boot logo:

Folder structure:
- HUTUpdate
- OS
- bootanimation.zip
- logo.png
- upgrade.en (empty file)
- upgrade.system (empty file)

So, if you find other examples of HU types that are Android-based, this may work.

To upgrade the MCU is
- HUTUpdate
- mcu
- upgrade.mcu
- BMW_8581.bin

I was trying to make backups with other tools, but no success yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post Android system information, including MCU version