Trying to identify a UIS8581 unit

Search This thread

AlekseyFZ

Jan 19, 2021
Thanks for reply.
I have Audi A4 with firmware ZLH_AD_OS_2.02. But if i want to use the version 2.05 you have, i can see its for BMW, were can i get a version for Audi. Also i see the MCU you attached is for BMW, so i am affraid to use it. dont want to ruin my android. Is there a workaround so i can use the new firmware from BMW 2.05 and the MCU to BMW you posted.
Hope i make sense to you.

Cheers Lunde
Use only for AUDI !!!

Boris31

Feb 11, 2012
Novi Sad
Audi firmware 3.07 version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFy6a5A3bNrojttgNu4IS3h2UXe1UuTI/view?usp=share_link

update step:
1. unzip rar file then copy folder HUTUpdate to first content of usb disk
2. make usb idsk connect with screen usb cable, then screen recognize it and update automatic

Disclaimer: Be careful with flashing updates, I'm not responsible for any damage occurred, received this firmware today from Coika.

Reactions: 82crni and Lunde67

Kelogs22309

May 16, 2023
Audi firmware 3.07 version https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFy6a5A3bNrojttgNu4IS3h2UXe1UuTI/view?usp=share_link

update step:
2. make usb idsk connect with screen usb cable, then screen recognize it and update automatic

Disclaimer: Be careful with flashing updates, I'm not responsible for any damage occurred, received this firmware today from Coika.
Can you give me the mail adress from Coika please

Lunde67

May 23, 2023

update step:

Hello. have any Audi owners with Android system tried this new version out. 3.07 ? Maybe have a few screen shots from the menu. :cool:

Cheers

UPDATE:
I went ahead i made this new firmware update. Everything went flawless. I didnt see any new things added to this update, but it properly made alot of fixes and updates to the system.

Attachments

• Firmware 3.07.jpg
    Firmware 3.07.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
Ok, looks like I have the same unit as you guys, for my 2013 Audi S6 C7. 12.3" touch screen, android.
I have the latest update, as far as I know, which is 3.08
Here is the link:
AD_OS_8581_3.08
I would believe that this is only for Audi units, since the menu is different for BMW screen.
My issue with the screen and android was that the temperature for the ac knob was showing improperly, and after this update it is fixed. I still have one more issue, but that is after the MCU update, now I'm waiting for an MCU update file from the shipper.
Any question, feel free to ask, will try to help you out!

Lunde67

May 23, 2023
Ok, looks like I have the same unit as you guys, for my 2013 Audi S6 C7. 12.3" touch screen, android.
I have the latest update, as far as I know, which is 3.08
Here is the link:
AD_OS_8581_3.08
I would believe that this is only for Audi units, since the menu is different for BMW screen.
My issue with the screen and android was that the temperature for the ac knob was showing improperly, and after this update it is fixed. I still have one more issue, but that is after the MCU update, now I'm waiting for an MCU update file from the shipper.
Any question, feel free to ask, will try to help you out!
Hey, and thanks for this update. If or when you get the MCU update, would you please post it here, that would be so great. I gotten 2 updates, as you can se further up, i got the 3.07 version, not sure what it did . LOL. I wish they would add a text file, were all the new fixes would be written. What iam missing right now, is more cars / pictures to choose from, i have a 2013 A4 avant, and i dont see any A4 avant in the pictures to choose from, only A6 :-/
If you dont mind iam asking, but what is in the MCU file, i am pretty new to this android thing, i know a little about firmware, but thats the only thing i gotten so far twice, but i am not sure what MCU is, i read diffrent places, people mentioning MCU, but i am not sure what it is exactly compared to the firmware, the diffrences between them. Sorry for the long post.

Cheers Lunde

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
Hey, and thanks for this update. If or when you get the MCU update, would you please post it here, that would be so great. I gotten 2 updates, as you can se further up, i got the 3.07 version, not sure what it did . LOL. I wish they would add a text file, were all the new fixes would be written. What iam missing right now, is more cars / pictures to choose from, i have a 2013 A4 avant, and i dont see any A4 avant in the pictures to choose from, only A6 :-/
If you dont mind iam asking, but what is in the MCU file, i am pretty new to this android thing, i know a little about firmware, but thats the only thing i gotten so far twice, but i am not sure what MCU is, i read diffrent places, people mentioning MCU, but i am not sure what it is exactly compared to the firmware, the diffrences between them. Sorry for the long post.

Cheers Lunde
well pretty much the MCU is the firmware
where that file that we use AD_OS_8581_3.08 is only the software, which is the android itself.

(Firmware is a type of software that lives in hardware. Software is any program or group of programs run by a computer. Hardware is the physical device (including the processors, RAM, monitor, and more) that runs firmware and software.)

hmm, im not sure if i have A4 in it, but i can definitely check that, did you try updating your software to 3.08?

Reactions: Lunde67

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
MCU that i got from the shipper.
AUDI, not sure if it will work with BMW!!!

Attachments

• ZLH_QX_230406A_8581_KH8.rar
    41 KB · Views: 68

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
this is another MCU from the shipper, according to the version it is newer, but i had some number show up on the screen. if the problem is the same for you, just flash it back with the one above this one
AUDI, not sure if it will work with BMW!!!

Attachments

• ZLH_QX_230520A_CAR1_SC6X_KH.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 43

s_hudson

Sep 1, 2014
Hi! I have a problem with iDrive in CCC. It doesn't work properly. How should I set it in factory settings? I have the screen from COIKA.

Lunde67

May 23, 2023
well pretty much the MCU is the firmware
where that file that we use AD_OS_8581_3.08 is only the software, which is the android itself.

(Firmware is a type of software that lives in hardware. Software is any program or group of programs run by a computer. Hardware is the physical device (including the processors, RAM, monitor, and more) that runs firmware and software.)

hmm, im not sure if i have A4 in it, but i can definitely check that, did you try updating your software to 3.08?
Hey and thanks for all the nice updates.
I did try out the new software 3.08 and the first MCU file out of the two you posted.. It all looks like everything is working as normal.
But...! LoL I am not sure if it was the MCU or the software update who did this. When i go to my Original MMI car settings, my screen has started to flicker like crazy. Thats a first for me, but i then tried to go into settings and picked a new car, i dont have a A4 under the Audi selection, never had one to pick from. and as i told you, i cant pick it as my homescreen either in the android home screen, so i have to live with A6 LoL. Ooh back to my flickering. I then picked another A6, i was already using another A6 for my a4, an that worked flawless, but after picking another A6, my flickering stopped. :) But i now have new colors at the edges of my MMI pages, and even the icons. Before i have red edges, now i got blue ones, but it looks kinda okay, i dont mind. Dosnt look worng at all, everything fits perfectly around the buttons and edges like it should. So i am okay with the new colors. :cool:

once again. Thanks for the files.
Cheers Lunde

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
Hey and thanks for all the nice updates.
I did try out the new software 3.08 and the first MCU file out of the two you posted.. It all looks like everything is working as normal.
But...! LoL I am not sure if it was the MCU or the software update who did this. When i go to my Original MMI car settings, my screen has started to flicker like crazy. Thats a first for me, but i then tried to go into settings and picked a new car, i dont have a A4 under the Audi selection, never had one to pick from. and as i told you, i cant pick it as my homescreen either in the android home screen, so i have to live with A6 LoL. Ooh back to my flickering. I then picked another A6, i was already using another A6 for my a4, an that worked flawless, but after picking another A6, my flickering stopped. :) But i now have new colors at the edges of my MMI pages, and even the icons. Before i have red edges, now i got blue ones, but it looks kinda okay, i dont mind. Dosnt look worng at all, everything fits perfectly around the buttons and edges like it should. So i am okay with the new colors. :cool:

once again. Thanks for the files.
Cheers Lunde
That flickering, I don't think it's an issue. All you gotta go is, settings, factory settings, password 8888, audi, and there should be a screen settings, like q5 800x480 or something like that, just try different options. And you should be fine. Just gotta find your option in this case. If you won't be able to find it, I can look it up tmr and add some screenshots if u need.

Other than updates, MCU is a hardware based changes and optimization, and 3.08 is a software based update for the Android operating system itself, including the audi support. I didn't notice any changes, except for some audi pictures have been added, A6L and etc. Also b4 I had an issue with the android auto auto launching, it would not startup properly when I start the car, I had to turn off the Bluetooth and the wifi on my phone, and then turn everything on again, and after that it would connect. After update, looks like it's fixed and I don't have to do it again.

Also, what kind of boot animation do you have, when the android is starting?
Mine had Android, or the Warning message. After searching a little bit, I actually found an Audi bootscreen.

djjeve

Jun 1, 2010
Hi! I have a problem with iDrive in CCC. It doesn't work properly. How should I set it in factory settings? I have the screen from COIKA.
As far as me, I got no clue. But I don't mind helping you out and try to figure it out. If you don't mind attaching some screenshots of the issue, and menu options as well. So we could see what settings you have and what might fix the issue.

Any updates done recently or any changes to the unit or its settings?

AlekseyFZ

Jan 19, 2021
The problem with screen flickering can be solved by manual adjustment (conditionally divide the screen into 3 parts and press the left side of the screen in the head unit mode and hold for 20-30 seconds, the menu will appear, use I-drive to navigate through the menu and adjust the parameter H)

Reactions: K111er

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All firmware for ZLH_BM_OS_8581 in one folder
    BMW E70 CIC, COiKA

ZHL - v2,05/3,04/5,09/5,28/5,51/6,06
    +bootAnimation
    Hi all, I'm uploading the latest OS for ZLH type devices from my seller (KJ NAVI 002). Please verify your device is ZLH before using. I am on MCU ZLH_BMH230523A_8581_N2. This update resolves an issue I'd had with Z-Link initial connection for Android Auto wireless; but also seems to drop the Z-Link wireless connection more frequently, so please test at your discretion. Other changes appear to be minor, including some app updates and some settings menu additions I don't understand, and they've updated the fake Android version number to 13...

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone can point me towards an MCU update for my troubleshooting. I haven't seen MCu files in any of our uploads so far, but perhaps I missed it and my seller doesn't understand the difference between OS and MCU.
    ZLH_BM_OS_8581_5.09 .zip
    Mod translation: 5.28 who set, what's new?

May I suggest that you start posting in English if you want your posts to be answered and not removed.

It is a Forum Rule after all as I have have stated in the past.😉

-Regards: Badger50
    MCU ZHL and XRC are compatible!!! I updated with files above 2.05 + MCU (MCU back can also be returned in th
    MCU ZHL and XRC are compatible!!! I updated with files above 2.05 + MCU (MCU back can also be returned in the same way)
    I also did do the update only zhl 2.05 ... Works fine

update step:

I was just sent this BMW update ZLH_BM_OS_8581_1.94 . This will work if you have the Unisoc UIS8581a processor. Im not sure if it will work with snapdragon. It is still full of bugs and didnt fix my idrive issue.