Trying to learn why 2nd S10e no power after boot looping.

Search This thread

S10eandtears

Jun 8, 2021
Hi all,

I had posted here a year ago when my previous S10e suddenly died and after that learning experience which was that google drive and dropbox didn't automatically backup all folders. This time when my phone died I have all my data and am just disappointed that this second phone died in 15 months. I purchased the previous and current one that just died new. I never went swimming or submerged my phones. First one randomly died while watching zoom, shut down then nothing. The memory was transferred to a donor motherboard and data extracted. This time the phone had a few app crashes suddenly. I removed the app instagram funny enough and reinstalled then it didn't crash. Was using it as normal then suddenly it crashed and started boot looping then crashing. I got to some recovery menu with options, but once I tried turning it off to boot into safe mode it died completely. No clue what is wrong with the 2nd phone. Right now I am just trying to learn what killed the phone and how to prevent it as I ordered another S10e. All have been the same sku S10e black if that matters.

My old S7's never had an issue and neither did my Sony phones. But the second time a phone dies with what I would consider normal use of just web browing, mostly wifi use and occasional photos I don't see how they should fail this spectacularly. What was interesting was the device showed up in windows when boot looping, but my concern was not being able to access the data due to screen lock which is why I tried turning it off to boot into safe mode.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
High G impacts; always use a good case to help prevent internal damage from drops. Chiosets can be damaged internally and the BGA chipsets especially with all their solder pads on the bottom are vulnerable to high G loading and board flexing.
Keep phones out of direct sunlight especially when charging.
High intensity microwave and RF can take out a device. ESD can as well but the external inputs are harden however repeated insults of sufficient energy eventually degrade that protection.

Always use the SD card as the data drive (all critical data goes here) then regularly and redundantly back it up to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC.

S10eandtears

Jun 8, 2021
High G impacts; always use a good case to help prevent internal damage from drops. Chiosets can be damaged internally and the BGA chipsets especially with all their solder pads on the bottom are vulnerable to high G loading and board flexing.
Keep phones out of direct sunlight especially when charging.
High intensity microwave and RF can take out a device. ESD can as well but the external inputs are harden however repeated insults of sufficient energy eventually degrade that protection.

Always use the SD card as the data drive (all critical data goes here) then regularly and redundantly back it up to at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC.
Yes I manually would move everything to the sd card after the first failure where certain folders weren't saving in the sd card. I use a speck case. My S7 I had longer and back then I used to travel more and never had an issue.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Yes I manually would move everything to the sd card after the first failure where certain folders weren't saving in the sd card. I use a speck case. My S7 I had longer and back then I used to travel more and never had an issue.
I don't consider most app data critical. Those that I do consider critical like Poweramp or ColorNote allow for complete backup.
If I'm forced to do a factory reset than I believe it's wisest to delete all data that's not critical. One less thing to cause another boot loop...

Lol, I had two back to back boot loops/resets in 3 days prior to this load. 3rd time I made sure it was right🤣 Got my Android organized as a result of that fubar.

S10eandtears

Jun 8, 2021
I don't consider most app data critical. Those that I do consider critical like Poweramp or ColorNote allow for complete backup.
If I'm forced to do a factory reset than I believe it's wisest to delete all data that's not critical. One less thing to cause another boot loop...

Lol, I had two back to back boot loops/resets in 3 days prior to this load. 3rd time I made sure it was right🤣 Got my Android organized as a result of that fubar.
I wish there was an app to backup all files like Apple does. That would be great.