• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Trying to restore 3-dot menu button on Pixel 3a to use with Winamp

Search This thread

BalooRJ

Jan 8, 2019
Hello,

I havent found a better music player than Winamp 1.4.15 for Android so I am still using it. I am running into an issue where the settings button was hardcoded to the now defunct menu hardware button or the 3-dot menu button in the older navigation. Does anyone know a way to restore this 3-dot menu button so I can access the settings in Winamp? Thank you.

I'm using WInamp as my music player, the app is built for older Android versions, so the menu is only accessible throught the menu button. But since the Axon 7 doesn't have a menu button, I can't access it. I tried long press the recent apps button, but that only brings up voice command. I also tried to look into the Accessibility menu like in this guide (http://forum.xda-developers.com/s6-edge-plus/help/galaxy-s6-s6-edge-missing-menu-button-t3220289) but our phones don't have that option. Has anyone been able to get the menu button back? Thanks.

awdrifter

Feb 11, 2012
Hello,

I havent found a better music player than Winamp 1.4.15 for Android so I am still using it. I am running into an issue where the settings button was hardcoded to the now defunct menu hardware button or the 3-dot menu button in the older navigation. Does anyone know a way to restore this 3-dot menu button so I can access the settings in Winamp? Thank you.
I switched to PowerAmp.