Question Trying to restore stock - boot_ab partition doesn't exist

Search This thread

redsky0

Jan 6, 2013
EDIT3 - Thanks everyone - fixed, the main confusion was MIUI fastboot not recognising my phone. I had previously installed Andorid Composite ADB Interface from device manager on my PC but for some reason it dissapeared.

Reinstalled from disk, used MiFlash with stock ROM below and no longer got error below. Accidentally did "Clean all and lock" but it seems like you don't have to wait 7 days again. Logged into MIUI via developer options >MIUI unlock, was able to unlock immediately from MIUI fastboot again.

Then redid everything:

• Followed guide here - https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-11-0-0-alioth-aliothin-arrowos-11-0-official-weekly.4279481/
  • Rebooted to MIUI fastboot (not Arrow Recovery fastboot)
  • fastboot boot twrp.img (named my twrp alpha image this)
  • I tried pushing twrp image to install to ramdisk (so twrp was permanent recovery) but I get error "unable to decrypt FBE device" so I skipped that (kept Arrow OS recovery)
  • adb push magisk-v23.0.zip /storage
    • installed zip, reboot
  • Was able too boot (got a weird lockup/restart but all good after)
  • Immediately recognised it was already rooted when it got to google pay setup

---------------

Trying to reset Poco F3 to stock (but keep bootloader unlocked).

I currently have ArrowOS (I can boot, but I can't root it) and ArrowOS Recovery but I think I have messed up my partitions.

Steps:

I am getting below error, is there anything else I can do to try to restore to stock or fix partitions?

Can I sideload the firmware somehow?

EDIT - I have also tried from MIUI fastboot but it does not see my devices.
EDIT2 - It shows up as Android in device manager, if I install usb_drivers (Andorid Composite ADB interface) it fixes it so I can use MIUI fastboot now.

1624782382736.png

log file:

Code:
[6:19:58 PM  ddcb8276]:MiFlash 2018.11.15.0

[6:19:58 PM  ddcb8276]:Thread id:15 Thread name:ddcb8276

[6:19:58 PM  ddcb8276]:image path:C:\Content\IDM\_poco_f3_setup\tgz\alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global

[6:19:58 PM  ddcb8276]:env android path:"C:\MiFlash20181115\Source\ThirdParty\Google\Android"

[6:19:58 PM  ddcb8276]:script :C:\Content\IDM\_poco_f3_setup\tgz\alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global\flash_all.bat

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:physical Memory Usage:3846144 Byte

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:start process id 12196 name cmd

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$fastboot -s ddcb8276 getvar product   2>&1  | findstr /r /c:"^product: *alioth"   || echo Missmatching image and device

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:product: alioth

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$fastboot -s ddcb8276 getvar product   2>&1  | findstr /r /c:"^product: *alioth"   || exit /B 1

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:product: alioth

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$if exist C:\Content\IDM\_poco_f3_setup\tgz\alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global\images\anti_version.txt (for /F "delims==" %a in (C:\Content\IDM\_poco_f3_setup\tgz\alioth_global_images_V12.5.1.0.RKHMIXM_20210517.0000.00_11.0_global\images\anti_version.txt) do (set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=%a ) )

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$(set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=1 )

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$if [1] EQU [] set CURRENT_ANTI_VER=0

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$for /F "tokens=2 delims=: " %i in ('fastboot -s ddcb8276 getvar anti 2>&1 | findstr /r /c:"anti:"') do (set version=%i )

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$if [] EQU [] set version=0

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$set anticheck="antirollback check pass"

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$if 0 GTR 1 set anticheck="Current device antirollback version is greater than this pakcage"

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$echo "antirollback check pass"   | findstr /r /c:"pass"   ||

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:"antirollback check pass"

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:$fastboot -s ddcb8276 erase boot_ab   ||

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:err:erasing 'boot_ab'...

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:err:FAILED (remote: Partition doesn't exist)

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:err:finished. total time: 0.001s

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:info:"Erase boot_ab error"

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:error:FAILED (remote: Partition doesn't exist)

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:process exit.

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:flashSuccess False

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:isFactory False CheckCPUID False

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:before:flashSuccess is False set IsUpdate:True set IsDone True

[6:19:59 PM  ddcb8276]:after:flashSuccess is False set IsUpdate:false set IsDone true

Last edited:

arkontos

Jan 7, 2010
Hi @redsky0 ,

Thank you for mentioning that you succeeded getting this working,
I'm facing the same issue on my Xiaomi Mi 11, (getting an Error erasing boot_ab, partition doesn't exist)

The phone is correctly booting, and it show that the bootload is unlocked, but when I try to flash a TWRP bootloader, I'm getting an error (FAILED (remote: No such file or directory)

I tried to flash global rom and also chinese rom without success

I saw that you mentioned Android Composite ADB Interface, Should I see it as a device?

Thanks

AKASHPAUL

Jun 11, 2016
Kolkata
Hi @redsky0 ,

I'm facing the same issue on my Xiaomi Mi 11, (getting an Error erasing boot_ab, partition doesn't exist)

The phone is correctly booting, and it show that the bootload is unlocked, but when I try to flash a TWRP bootloader, I'm getting an error (FAILED (remote: No such file or directory)

I saw that you mentioned Android Composite ADB Interface, Should I see it as a device?

Thanks
I think I saw the error you are getting. Could you tell me in detail of what happened?

You have unlocked bootloader and running stock . you are trying to do TWRP through fastboot right ?

Reactions: arkontos

arkontos

Jan 7, 2010
I think I saw the error you are getting. Could you tell me in detail of what happened?

You have unlocked bootloader and running stock . you are trying to do TWRP through fastboot right ?
Thanks for the replay,
Yes, current state is as you described:
Bootloader unlocked, with stock rom,
I'm trying to run/install twrp through fastboot and couldn't work
I also tried to reflash a stock rom (saw it in some threads) using the miFlash tool, and it didn't work

AKASHPAUL

Jun 11, 2016
Kolkata
Thanks for the replay,
Yes, current state is as you described:
Bootloader unlocked, with stock rom,
I'm trying to run/install twrp through fastboot and couldn't work
I also tried to reflash a stock rom (saw it in some threads) using the miFlash tool, and it didn't work
in terminal write this - "fastboot devices"

check if your device is showing

redsky0

Jan 6, 2013
Hi @redsky0 ,

Thanks

If you're in MIUI fastboot (stock, i.e. not some custom OS recovery) I believe you should be able to run adb commands when connected to PC by USB.

My issue was that the Android Composite ADB Interface driver (I had previously installed) for some reason stopped working so I fixed in Device Manager (menu -> install from disk, pointed to drivers to reinstall).

For the actual issue, my approach was just to go back to stock and start again. I was able to boot to TWRP to perform root but like I mentioned, I couldn't get the TWRP custom recovery to stay permanently. The root worked though.

arkontos

Jan 7, 2010
Thanks @redsky0 for your help

@AKASHPAUL This is what I can see from a terminal:

Code:
#> adb devices
List of devices attached
23615bcc    device

#> adb reboot fastboot
#> fastboot devices
23615bcc    fastboot

#>  fastboot boot twrp.img
Sending 'boot.img' (129320 KB)                     OKAY [  3.703s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'Unrecognized command boot')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I also tried from a Windows, getting the same result

AKASHPAUL

Jun 11, 2016
Kolkata

Code:
#> adb devices
List of devices attached
23615bcc    device

#> adb reboot fastboot
#> fastboot devices
23615bcc    fastboot

Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'Unrecognized command boot')

don't go into fastboot from adb.

switch off the phone and press volume down + power button then try and update

Reactions: samy2015

gogofoxx2015

Nov 10, 2022

Code:
#> adb devices
List of devices attached
23615bcc    device

#> adb reboot fastboot
#> fastboot devices
23615bcc    fastboot

I have the same issue as u see in screenshot but iam trying this from pixel experience recovery fastboot mode
What did i do wrong ?

Attachments

• SGCAM_20221113_211336108.MP.jpg
    SGCAM_20221113_211336108.MP.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 42

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I suggest flashing xiaomi.eu rom first.boot it once and after try miflash again.
    try mi flash tool 2017.4.25 version u also dont need to remove arb lines in that version.
    Hi @redsky0 ,

Thanks

Code:
    #> adb devices
    List of devices attached
    23615bcc    device

#> adb reboot fastboot
    #> fastboot devices
    23615bcc    fastboot

don't go into fastboot from adb.

switch off the phone and press volume down + power button then try and update