• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Trying to root Realme 3 Pro [RMX1851], will use any methods.

Search This thread

Darkcyprus

Apr 24, 2015
Cairo
I tried to use this guide, but all the links in it are dead.
Along with the bootloader unlocking app ("Indepth test apk") crashing as soon as I try to use it, I've downloaded the stock ROM (though I can't figure out how to extract an OZIP file) and I've enabled USB debugging/OEM unlocking and installed ADB/Fastboot/Odin, I've even tried the spyware one click root apps to no avail, cleaning out the phone afterwards.

I posted for help on /r/androidroot and they basically didn't want to help me either. All I want is to root my phone.

ifnkemlptr

Sep 5, 2016
Bogor
I tried to use this guide, but all the links in it are dead.
Along with the bootloader unlocking app ("Indepth test apk") crashing as soon as I try to use it, I've downloaded the stock ROM (though I can't figure out how to extract an OZIP file) and I've enabled USB debugging/OEM unlocking and installed ADB/Fastboot/Odin, I've even tried the spyware one click root apps to no avail, cleaning out the phone afterwards.

I posted for help on /r/androidroot and they basically didn't want to help me either. All I want is to root my phone.

So you are yet to unlock bootloader?
Find that apk first, and unlock the phone, after that I'll help you...
IDk why the app was crashed on yours, since I just rooted my phone a week ago

Roll_up

Apr 20, 2020
Yeah same issue, the app opens when I'm not connected to internet but at that time it says to check my connection and when I connect to internet it starts crashing. I think its a bug in new update since the app does not request for permission to access internet ( I checked the apps that request it in settings) thats why when it tries to do so it is stopped by OS.

I found an updated version (as was said there) of apk_tool and it worked for me.
Link to tool: drive.google.com/file/d/1e0yUd5M7Q7CxW2NBcAOiwr1vp1IWNayr/view
Link to thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/realme-x/help/depth-test-crashes-help-t4063839

Last edited: