• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Trying to skip first boot update on brand new Fire TV stick

Search This thread

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Ok managed everything, thanks for the support.
I have installed Hal Launcher.

Also I was wondering what is the easiest way to download apks? I have visited some websites through the Downloader, but when I clicked on the download button of that page nothing happened.
Is there something wrong with the loading of the webpage?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Br!cked

Feb 2, 2012
I tried doing this but in the setting under device the developer options are not there.

I had the same problem as you and here is how I fixed it:
DO as the OP's second post and:
allow: softwareupdates.amazon.com and updates.amazon.com
block: amzdigital-a.akamaihd.net and amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net

go through the update steps and it should allow you to go thru all the way to where you enter your Amazon account info, after that finished up and blocked the sites again just for precaution, then the setting was there to enable debug mode and unknown sources.

Adrian575

Jan 23, 2019
I had the same problem as you and here is how I fixed it:
DO as the OP's second post and:

go through the update steps and it should allow you to go thru all the way to where you enter your Amazon account info, after that finished up and blocked the sites again just for precaution, then the setting was there to enable debug mode and unknown sources.

Followed directions on 3 different Amazon Firestick with firmware 5.2.6.3 and all of them stalled on unable to update screen. Used amazon tv remote app to move to settings as well and still not able to access developer options! What firmware are you referring to? Is your amazon firestick blacklisted? Thank you for any other info you have.

Last edited:

liott

Nov 28, 2014
Paris
Also I was wondering what is the easiest way to download apks? I have visited some websites through the Downloader, but when I clicked on the download button of that page nothing happened.
Is there something wrong with the loading of the webpage?
Hey, guys,
I have the same problem as you. On firestick, Caja TV Downloader 1.2 is old (2017) and doesn't allow automatic installation: I have to go through Mixplorer to finalize the installation.

I have tested version Downloader 1.3.0 apk (troypoint), but it requires an Amazon account. However, I don't have access to AmazonStore. So I can't go any further.

Have you found an alternative or update to Downloader that works without using an Amazon account?

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

May 2, 2011
Hey, guys,
I have the same problem as you. On firestick, Caja TV Downloader 1.2 is old (2017) and doesn't allow automatic installation: I have to go through Mixplorer to finalize the installation.

I have tested version Downloader 1.3.0 apk (troypoint), but it requires an Amazon account. However, I don't have access to AmazonStore. So I can't go any further.

Have you found an alternative or update to Downloader that works without using an Amazon account?
I have an Amazon account, so no idea how to do it without an account.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

AmznUser444 Dev

Hey, guys,

Download Advanced Download Manager APK from APKPure website on your PC, and side-load it to ADB

Code:
adb connect <Fire TV IP>
adb install -g C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\ADM.apk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe I'm talking to myself here but what I posted above works perfectly though isn't even necessary as an easier option exists!
    New information I have no seen posted up anywhere..

**If you connect to the stick via the Amazon remote app on a phone/tablet as soon as you have connected to your wifi network, you can use it to skip forward past the update screen into the settings screen and enable ADB right away. Then hit it with the ADB uninstall commands quick to remove OTA.**

This means you can also skip over having to register it with an Amazon account

No router blocking or opendns faffing around required.
    Did you enabled the accessibility service using this command?:
    Code:
    adb shell settings put secure enabled_accessibility_services com.baronkiko.launcherhijack/com.baronkiko.launcherhijack.AccServ
    Just copy the command line above and press 'enter'

After that if it doesn't work right away, go into the standard fire TV settings and toggle on some accessibility options. Then press home and see if launcher pops up
    This is old and dont use Nova Launcher on a TV. Use an android tv launcher.
    imho disabling updates is pointless, removing bloatware is pointless too since you never see it anyway, block update servers with router if you want

1. hijackLauncher v4
    2. install HAL Launcher or (my recommendation) "Top TV Launcher 2."
    3. install whatever apps you want (Kodi, emulators, Youtube modded)
    4. install Stay Alive so it doesnt sleep (appears not to work but does)

No pc drivers, just enable debugging on the stick and connect wireless adb from pc. Install with "adb install whatever.apk"

I havent seen the Amazon Launcher since LauncherHijack v4. Looks beautiful too with Launcher with user selectable background.

PS: I can get back to Amazon settings within Top TV Launcher by selecting the icon on the bottom.

Oh and dont forget to select launcher by running hijack after step 2!

UpJuOvi.jpg

The down arrow in this launcher brings up popup for Amazon setting (middle icon)