Trying to unlock the bootloader with PotatoNV on Mediapad T5 not working (video explanation)

Search This thread

vmahe53

Dec 3, 2014
Huawei MediaPad T5
I don't think Huawei has boot.img or recovery.img, they may have a different layout and names (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I know the equivalent of boot.img is ramdisk.img or kernel.img (I flash both when restoring to be sure) and recovery should be recovery_ramdisk.img. The names from HuaweiExtractor should match with the images. Cust.img can be found in the other zip: update_full_AGS2-W09_hw_eu.
There is also this partition layout table which I don't know how it works for Huawei but I know that it may change for different firmwares so it is usefull to have remembered what version you had previously or use a safe tool to flash that also.

thank you tried but not use, not even small in the tablet, is there anyway to help with hard brick.. i can install img with fastboot.. but table not showing any window

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hve uploaded the video which shows all the output and how Im shorting the point. The video though is composed by two takes and are not synced in time but that is how I do it.

Let me know if you can watch it on there. Thanks 👍
    I'm home (finally)...
    If the steps mentioned above didn't worked out, I would like to ask you to do axactly as I did. Just unlocked my Mediapad T5 just 1 month ago or so, so everything I've used should be recent enough I guess.

First:
    - Un-install your potato version.
    - Un-install your Mediapad T5 USB drivers.
    So we can begin from scratch

Also:
    - turn on OEM-unlock and USB-debugmode in developer settings.

I asume you have a decent and working ADB version installed on your PC?
    If not, or when you're not sure, uninstall it too.
    I was using the Minimal ADB and Fastboot from here:

Then:
    1) Install the Huawei USB drivers from here:
    (this) or (this) are the "official" sites I got this from.

2) Install the latest version of PotatoNV from here:

Open potatoNV and use these settings marked in red:

Unlock Code Mediapad T5 (2).jpg

3) Plug the USB-cable into your PC already, but don't connect the other side to the tablet. And make sure your tablet is turned off.

4) Now short the testingpoint with a shielded part. I just used a thick copper wire and used it between testingpoint and metalshield just next to it. Metal pliers as used in your video should work too ofcourse.

IMG_20210720_055020061.jpg

P.S. I see that you also disconnected your screen in the video? It seems that it's verry important not to see a charging icon in the next step, so maybe it's better to connect it again for this step.

5) While still shorting the testingpoint with the shield, connect the USB cable to your tablet and be sure no charging icon pops up (This can be a bit difficult doing on your own. Easiest way is to have someone around te help in this step). After a few secconds when connected (without seeing an charging icon) remove the shorting between testingpoint and shield.

6) Make sure that the Huawei USB COM is selected in PotatoNV (and that the other settings are the same as the screenshot)

7) And pres "Start!"

8) You should get similar results now:

PotatoNV v2.2.1
    User manual: https://kutt.it/pnv-en
    Verifying images...
    Uploading hisi65x_a...
    - xloader
    - fastboot
    Waiting for any device...
    Connecting...
    Serial number: FQB***************
    Board ID: FQB*************
    Model: AGS2-W09
    Build number: AGS2-W09 8.0.0.360(OCEC431)
    FBLOCK state: unlocked
    Saved key: 6BN**************
    Writing FBLOCK...
    Writing WVLOCK...
    Writing USRKEY...
    Rebooting...
    New unlock code: 3BS*************

p.s. In your video it seemed your device got disconnected somehow while uploading. You should not see that "timeout" message here now annymore.

9) Make a screenshot of your results, copy them to a text file or write down at least your "new unlock code"
    So you won't have to open your tablet annymore in the future. You can use this newly obtained unlock code now to lock and unlock your tablet without opening again.

10) You should now see a warning screen everytime you reboot the tab. It warns you about that the device can't be trusted annymore because of the unlocked bootloader.

You can also enter Fastboot to check it
    Fastboot/ Bootloader mode:
    1. Turn off the device by holding the Power key for a few seconds.
    2. Connect tablet to PC/laptop using the USB-cable.
    3. Hold down Volume-Down.
    4. Hold down the Power button until device starts (while still holding Volume-Down and USB connected).
    4. Tablet boots now into Fastboot-mode.

You should see the following screen then (pay attention on the 2 red lines at the bottom):

2.jpg

You can close your tablet now!
    Maybe I can help you with this. Recently rooted this tab myself. Please give me a reminder tomorrow :)
    Hey there I just saw the message :D :D . Please if you can guide me a bit of what I may be doing wrong? Also If there is a way to share the Drivers files that you used that would be great (I'm not sure if it was a matter of drivers or general clumsiness , please If you have a minute to check the video tell me what may be wrong on my "Technique") Thank you!!
    Just saw your responce now (please use reply next time, I will get an notification then :) ).

The "Kirin 65x (A)" you've used is the correct bootloader. So guess it would have been something going on with the drivers or the procedure.

I recently (about 1 month ago) rooted this tab myself so I think I will have quite recent files for doing so. Maybe I can send them to you if you like. But I should have save the websites where I got them from too. But need to check it up for you then.

Unlock Code Mediapad T5 (2).jpg

Did you have used the settings above?
    You did had recieved the "New unlock code" message?

I have to go to work now, but I could help you further later this evening if you need further assistance (y)
    Hi, thanks for assisting me. Yeah well, the version I used of PotatoNV(the last build) just had the option of Disable FBlock so I did that.
    Also I tried wth a previous build that was showing both versions as you are showing and it happened the same thing.
    My guess are more focused on 2 probable mistakes by my side either:
    - When shorting the short point Im not doing it correctly. (not sure if this, as the device gets detected by PotatoNV and initiates the process)
    - (Most likely thisone). Wrong drivers, I have downloaded them through a link found in a youtube video, and the video was not specific about this Tablet. Also there were a bunch of drivers within the same file so I installed one that looked like the correct one (but not 100% sure)

Anyways thanks for taking your time really and appreciate a reply but always whenever you find free time obviously. Take it easy today at work 💪
    Not sure, I should get into it again, but I'm not sure of potato is able to start the procesure or finding the divice if not shorted correctly.

Do you have a screenshot of your potato output/ results?

How are you performing the shorting procedure?

I can see if I can look for you for the right drivers tonight.
    Not sure, I should get into it again, but I'm not sure of potato is able to start the procesure or finding the divice if not shorted correctly.

Do you have a screenshot of your potato output/ results?

How are you performing the shorting procedure?

I can see if I can look for you for the right drivers tonight.
    I hve uploaded the video which shows all the output and how Im shorting the point. The video though is composed by two takes and are not synced in time but that is how I do it.

Let me know if you can watch it on there. Thanks 👍