• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TS10 ADB offline

Search This thread

editmaster

Jan 13, 2012
Hi all. I´m trying to get ADB to work with my TS10/Topway-style headunit. Since I can´t put the unit in device mode I can´t connect a USB cable to it.
I´ve managed to start ADB listening over WiFi using the internal ADB Shell hidden in the engineering menu. I´ve send adb tcpip (or tcpip 5555), adb stop and adb start over the internal shell. USB debugging is enabled.
I can now connect using my pc and adb connect xyz:5555, and it does connect. But when using adb devices it always reports unit as offline.
I´ve tried changing IP adresses, reboots, kill-server and whatnot. Can´t figure out how to get the unit online.
Any ideas? Could be interesing in terms of rooting these devices.

• Sad
Reactions: Patman27

Patman27

Aug 8, 2011
I wish this thread would've worked. But alas, trying to connect to my TS10 headunit via my phone is showing the same result as trying to connect from my MacBook: CONNECTION REFUSED.

Edit: I have "Enable USB Debugging" turned on in Developer Options. And I've rebooted the headunit a few times now. And I've tried "adb tcpip 5555" and "adb start" via the ADB shell hidden in Engineer Mode. No luck.

~~ Edit ~~

I got it to work! Tasker Permissions is working a treat.

It's amazing what can happen when I try the correct IP address 😳

Last edited:

dro1dy

Jun 2, 2011
I wish this thread would've worked. But alas, trying to connect to my TS10 headunit via my phone is showing the same result as trying to connect from my MacBook: CONNECTION REFUSED.

Edit: I have "Enable USB Debugging" turned on in Developer Options. And I've rebooted the headunit a few times now. And I've tried "adb tcpip 5555" and "adb start" via the ADB shell hidden in Engineer Mode. No luck.

~~ Edit ~~

I got it to work! Tasker Permissions is working a treat.

It's amazing what can happen when I try the correct IP address 😳

Did you get things working over WiFI or did you need to use the remote ADB app loaded onto your phone + phone hotspot?

I am trying to do similar; i need ADB shell over WiFi... ideally not phone hotspot, regular access point.

watson540

Aug 1, 2007
Idk what you're trying to do, but why not enter your commands directly to the unit using the terminal emulator app?

dro1dy

Jun 2, 2011
Idk what you're trying to do, but why not enter your commands directly to the unit using the terminal emulator app?

I am trying to understand more about how the software works / how key codes are interpreted so I can get my steering wheel controls working as expected and generally learn more about the software so I can tailor it to my needs.

I don't want to do all of this from the seat of my car in the cold using a painful software keyboard on a tiny screen. I'd much rather do this from inside with a real keyboard attached to a monitor that is good for more than running google maps.

forgivegod

Jun 21, 2011
This worked on my two joyings and one mtcd unit:

If you can get to the settings > developer options, under where it says "Developer Options" sometimes on the right side is the three dots button. Tap that > Usb Connection > then change to the one not selected (these options might be in chinese)

dro1dy

Jun 2, 2011
This worked on my two joyings and one mtcd unit:

If you can get to the settings > developer options, under where it says "Developer Options" sometimes on the right side is the three dots button. Tap that > Usb Connection > then change to the one not selected (these options might be in chinese)

Can you share a picture of this? I'm not seeing such a menu on my unit.

Attachments

• dev-tools.jpg
    dev-tools.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 11