TS10 - No sound from Navigation App

Search This thread

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
Hello guys,

I am using TS10 (Model with eight cores and 8 GB RAM), everything was working fine, but a problem appeared a few days ago.

There is no sound from any Navigation app (alerts, route directions, etc.).

The music is getting volume gets low when the Navigation app is trying to reproduce a sound, and after that, it gets to the average level as it should be, and this way was working fine.

However, the problem is that there is no sound from the navigation app.

Is there a way to fix that?

The model that I am using: (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000575734624.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.8b0118029doI2H)

Regards,
Georgi

pT5PqYM.png

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
Check if Waze is set as navigation app in the app settings in Android-settings.
Hi,

So the problem is in Settings > Navigation app.

When I select an app that should be used for Navigation as default, the app I choose has no sound.

I tried Waze and Google Maps, and iGO:

When I select Waze as a default navigation application - Google Maps have sound and works great.

The opposite is when I select Google Maps as a default navigation application - Waze has sound and works great.

For a test, I tried to select YouTube as a Navigation, and it also had no sound when I opened it.

So the problem is the default navigation app in Settings.

Thank you!

Reactions: iskenderr

duvshi

Dec 9, 2021
Hi,

When I select an app that should be used for Navigation as default, the app I choose has no sound.

When I select Waze as a default navigation application - Google Maps have sound and works great.

The opposite is when I select Google Maps as a default navigation application - Waze has sound and works great.

For a test, I tried to select YouTube as a Navigation, and it also had no sound when I opened it.

Thank you!
Hey, this usually happens when you try to open the app directly from it's icon
You should have a navigation icon that will redirect you to WAZE , and then it will work with sound

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
Hey, this usually happens when you try to open the app directly from it's icon
You should have a navigation icon that will redirect you to WAZE , and then it will work with sound
Unfortunately, no.

When I set a default app for navigation, it opens as you say from the Navi icon, but there is no sound.

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
Here is a video demonstration of the problem - setting different apps as a default Navi app, and they lost their sound also.

My seller suggested restoring the factory settings, and when I did that, the problem was solved for around 30 minutes.

After that, it appeared again.

Pacjonek

Mar 24, 2010
Kraków
I've got similar problem. Have you tried update firmware? You don't have newest possible. There is FW from November

I use OSMand in mine. I had no sound at all, but I noticed an error message "cannot initialise Speech". This lead me to go into Google Play and install the Google-tts service for my language. Since then, I have announcements. In fact I had so many announcements I had to disable most of them so I could hear the music.

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
I've got similar problem. Have you tried update firmware? You don't have newest possible. There is FW from November
Yes, I am using the latest TS10 update. It is interesting that after a factory reset, it worked for around 20-30 mins, and then it bugged again.

I use OSMand in mine. I had no sound at all, but I noticed an error message "cannot initialise Speech". This lead me to go into Google Play and install the Google-tts service for my language. Since then, I have announcements. In fact I had so many announcements I had to disable most of them so I could hear the music.
I tried it, but unfortunately, it didn't work.

Reactions: Kausas

Pacjonek

Mar 24, 2010
Kraków
Hello guys,

I am using TS10 (Model with eight cores and 8 GB RAM), everything was working fine, but a problem appeared a few days ago.

The music is getting volume gets low when the Navigation app is trying to reproduce a sound, and after that, it gets to the average level as it should be, and this way was working fine.

The model that I am using: (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000575734624.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.8b0118029doI2H)

Regards,
Georgi

pT5PqYM.png
I found answer that works. At least for me.
Go to Android settings -> Apps and notifications -> Advanced -> Apps with special permissions -> Access to notifications -> Uncheck "Google" option.
For some reason that service has broken notification chanel in Android sound output

TheDashBoard

Nov 29, 2022
Go to Android settings -> Apps and notifications -> Advanced -> Apps with special permissions -> Access to notifications -> Uncheck "Google" option.
For some reason that service has broken notification chanel in Android sound output
This was a good solution for me. Everything working normally. Thank you very much.

JorataBrat

Nov 6, 2022
Hi,

I didn't find the " Access to notifications" part. However, I uninstalled the Google app, and the problem has gone.

Thank you so much. You are great!

Reactions: Kausas

Pacjonek

Mar 24, 2010
Kraków
I tried to reinstall it, and imediatly I lost the sound again, so I prefer without it :D
Interesting.
One another attempt to access to "Access to notifications" menu:
1. Install Google
2. Install "Heads - up notifications" and open it:
3. Click green button "Turn on/off notifications"
4. It should open lost menu where you will be able uncheck "Google" option.
5. Uninstall "Heads-up notifications" app, you don't need it anymore

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: jasonleu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Regards,
    Georgi

pT5PqYM.png
    This was a good solution for me. Everything working normally. Thank you very much.
    Check if Waze is set as navigation app in the app settings in Android-settings.
    Hi,

Thank you!
    Yes, I am using the latest TS10 update. It is interesting that after a factory reset, it worked for around 20-30 mins, and then it bugged again.

I tried it, but unfortunately, it didn't work.
    Hi,

I didn't find the " Access to notifications" part. However, I uninstalled the Google app, and the problem has gone.

Thank you so much. You are great!