• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TS10/TOPWAY/Oknavi/EKIY/etc UIS7862 hardware pics

Search This thread

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
Hardware pics of TS10 unit's PCB

CPU: UIS7862
PCB: TS10-A123L-V6
Brand: TOPWAY
Features: Full AHD/no 360/Car Play

PCB_CPU_Side.jpg

PCB_Bottom_Side.jpg

Reactions: Patman27

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
Can anyone point our where WIFI antenna is (is it integrated with 4G cellular?) and where internal SIMM card (not the one on a cable) could be?

Patman27

Aug 8, 2011
I thought WiFi was integrated with the 4G antenna, too.

Turns out the two stubby (in my case, white) wires poking out of the RCA backup camera harness are external WiFi and Bluetooth antennas. Go figure.

Attachments

• TS10 Info - System Wiring Example 1.jpeg
    TS10 Info - System Wiring Example 1.jpeg
    553.8 KB · Views: 144
  • TS10 Info - System Pinouts All 2.png
    TS10 Info - System Pinouts All 2.png
    471 KB · Views: 174

The Penalty

Aug 18, 2021
Can anyone point our where WIFI antenna is (is it integrated with 4G cellular?) and where internal SIMM card (not the one on a cable) could be?
According to the manual I have, the antennas are actually what Patman27 is saying - "two stubby (in my case, white) wires poking out of the RCA backup camera harness are external WiFi and Bluetooth antennas".
Here is how this looks in in my manual.
1629273471212.png

I was wondering if there is a way to improve the abovementioned antennas?

Reactions: Patman27

Patman27

Aug 8, 2011
Forgive my ignorance - Topway is the manufacturer and they all run the same firmware?

I believe so. Topway makes the MCU, and wrote & supports the "factory" ROM with the magic Bluetooth, Radio, etc. apps that play nice with it. It may then be up to the reseller to configure which features are turned on or off on the unit.

That's the impression I have from scouring XDA forums.

Reactions: mariodantas

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
To add antenna it should be as easy as adding pigtail with RP-SMA or SMA (depending on the antenna you want to attach) to the connector (not the current 'antenna' wire). Problem is that there will be signal leakage at the connector since it's not shielded and some of the power will be lost due to impedance mismatch. Connect to both, ground and wifi signal of course. Without being able to limit transmit power this modification can cause a lot of unwanted interference - so figuring how to control tx power should be the first step, IMO.

On different topic, all touch controls (including side 'buttons' and screen) on my radio stopped responding recently, but returned after pressing reset through reset hole - has anyone experienced that? Steering wheel buttons were working and I could control the apps (that seemed to work fine) through them. I wonder how to troubleshoot this w/o touch access?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hardware pics of TS10 unit's PCB

CPU: UIS7862
    PCB: TS10-A123L-V6
    Brand: TOPWAY
    Features: Full AHD/no 360/Car Play

PCB_CPU_Side.jpg

PCB_Bottom_Side.jpg
    According to the manual I have, the antennas are actually what Patman27 is saying - "two stubby (in my case, white) wires poking out of the RCA backup camera harness are external WiFi and Bluetooth antennas".
    Here is how this looks in in my manual.
    1629273471212.png

Forgive my ignorance - Topway is the manufacturer and they all run the same firmware?

I believe so. Topway makes the MCU, and wrote & supports the "factory" ROM with the magic Bluetooth, Radio, etc. apps that play nice with it. It may then be up to the reseller to configure which features are turned on or off on the unit.

That's the impression I have from scouring XDA forums.

Maybe? I'm not versed in WiFi antenna design, so I don't think it's as simple as soldering on an arbitrarily long wire.

If you find something will you share it here? I'm curious, myself.