TS9 (Spreadtrum SC9853I) 4/64G Android 9 - Discussion thread

Search This thread

Sysops.it

Mar 12, 2021
Hi guys! I have issue with that unit in my Opel Astra IV. Device keeps loosing configuration after some time, I mean it looks like factory reset- all apps, stations Bluetooth settings and so on. I tried to flash latest firmware but after completed flash when I go to settings os version is same like before(I did reset after upgrade). I was working on this behavior with seller and some engineer from their shop but they didn't resolve this issue. I also do not have idea why its keeps loosing this settings. Please help. I wanted to return this device to the seller but he do not want to take it.

Jiiiiip

Mar 23, 2006
Oupeye
Hi guys,

I've bought this device to.

I'm happy of the performance. But i would Mike change 2/3 things...
First change the.links (music,radio,video) on the top of thé screen. Because the native app are so loud to use. But thé seller told me it's impossible because it's in the UI... But i'm fall on this topic...

Otherway Same problem that you, Tuner FM it's creepy. The 4g antenna to :/

They send me an update. (V11.1.2_20200911.101524_TW-V1-X)
But nothing change.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-015610.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-015610.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 58

amnesia106

Feb 27, 2021
Hi guys,

I've bought this device to.

I'm happy of the performance. But i would Mike change 2/3 things...
First change the.links (music,radio,video) on the top of thé screen. Because the native app are so loud to use. But thé seller told me it's impossible because it's in the UI... But i'm fall on this topic...

Otherway Same problem that you, Tuner FM it's creepy. The 4g antenna to :/

They send me an update. (V11.1.2_20200911.101524_TW-V1-X)
But nothing change.

i've put my orginal back in my car. atm i do some research about that head unit, to optimize that.
my another thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/android-ts-4g-opel-insignia-tuner-7786af-3.4240489/#post-84626317
To improve the FM, DAB+ the only way is, to change the antenna. Many ppl in told me, that "bad blankenburg" antennas from germany are the best choice . i've ordered one of them..
With the 4G Antennas i have no problems. The only way to change the Ui is, to change your launcher. I've rooted my unit, so i can use apps in fullscreen, without the status bar and buttom bar.
The native apps in this head unit are really ***, but change is not possible, thats right. The radio app is an native hardware app, so there is also no solution du install a another apk.

Sysops.it

Mar 12, 2021
Hi, what I can recommend regarding the radio issue, check the capacitor.In my unit I had same issue since I bought it, and I replaced capacitor because it was swollen. Now i see its much better. According to the second issue I think it happens when my car is going to the power saving mode. I am trying to confirm that.

Nagibator123rus

Mar 26, 2021
Спасибо за ответ. :)
Итак, теперь я не уверен, что буду держать свой стандартный Android 9 и жду обновлений или понижения до Android 8.1. :смущенный:

Вы знаете, работает ли рут на андроид 9?
Что ты будешь делать в моем случае? Конечно же, мне нужны рут и будущие обновления.:смущенный:

albhjuve

Feb 13, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have a TS9 for Astra J, 4/64gb, and since somedays it went crazy, and lost some buttons. As you can see the home back, and volume buttons are gone. Its completly black, and if i touch there, nothing happens. I can not use it anymore, and when i open some apps, they open something like full screen. I mean as the above part, navi, music, radio etc doesnt exist. The app goes till the end of the above screen. I can not go back, or go to the home screen anymore (buttons are gone), so i have to pull down, and press clear memory to close the app. I did some restet from pulling down the notification panel, reset from the hole, but nothing happens. Can some help with a newer version to try to update it, because now its not usefull.
@droidmanuser can you upload the lasted version that you have, as we have the same unit from the same seller ?
Does anyone knows if @Nagibator123rus version is the correct for me ?
I already emailed to the seller but they never respond.
Screenshot_20210502-215916_Gallery.jpg

bubu976

May 14, 2021
Hello,
i have the same headunit for opel insignia, but i can't find the password for developer options.
Can you help me

my password for extra options is 123456

the recovery password is 61808683

thank you

albhjuve

Feb 13, 2017
Developer options is 7890xy and xy is the clock, for example now its 10.45 xy=10 pass 789010. If the clock is 18.23 then xy is 18, pass is 789018

bubu976

May 14, 2021
This is truly amazing. I love you! Thanks this is exactly what i wanted

could you explain how you managed to grant permissions (WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS) to systemuituner? USB DEBUG is not detected by the pc (male-male usb cable). ADB with wifi does not work (cannot connect to 192.168.1.35:5555: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)). I don't find any settings to change USB mode from HOST to DEVICE neither in developer options or in engineer options.

i tried in engineer options to use adb shell to give permission but it doesn't work

my device is not rooted and preferably I would not want to

Many thanks

wafebreaker

Dec 4, 2015
could you explain how you managed to grant permissions (WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS) to systemuituner? USB DEBUG is not detected by the pc (male-male usb cable). ADB with wifi does not work (cannot connect to 192.168.1.35:5555: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. (10061)). I don't find any settings to change USB mode from HOST to DEVICE neither in developer options or in engineer options.

i tried in engineer options to use adb shell to give permission but it doesn't work

my device is not rooted and preferably I would not want to

Many thanks
I guess thats not possible without root right?

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that poor mic? I used internal and external both are extremly quiet. I tried to use an USB to 3.5 jack adapter but everytime i use the mic the unit crashs and restarts.

bubu976

May 14, 2021
I guess thats not possible without root right?

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that poor mic? I used internal and external both are extremly quiet. I tried to use an USB to 3.5 jack adapter but everytime i use the mic the unit crashs and restarts.
I solved it directly from the Head Unit without root or computer.
in developer options / engineer mode there is an adb shell option where you can directly enter adb commands. I used the app "Immersive - Low-Level Immersive Mode" to completely hide the top bar. The result is excellent. My microphone works perfectly. No complaints during calls

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601-184218.png
    Screenshot_20210601-184218.png
    521.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20210601-184123.png
    Screenshot_20210601-184123.png
    687.3 KB · Views: 35

SoulSlayerPT

Jan 7, 2008
I solved it directly from the Head Unit without root or computer.
in developer options / engineer mode there is an adb shell option where you can directly enter adb commands. I used the app "Immersive - Low-Level Immersive Mode" to completely hide the top bar. The result is excellent. My microphone works perfectly. No complaints during calls
Hi!

What is that launcher?

If you hide the top bar with the app "Immersive - Low-Level Immersive Mode", how do you pull the top bar again? I really want to do that, but i don't want to lock my unit and then need a factory reset. Can you clarify this please? Or you just pull from the top to enable the status bar for a few seconds?

Thank you

Last edited:

droidmanuser

Sep 27, 2017
Lower Saxony
Hi!

What is that launcher?

If you hide the top bar with the app "Immersive - Low-Level Immersive Mode", how do you pull the top bar again? I really want to do that, but i don't want to lock my unit and then need a factory reset. Can you clarify this please? Or you just pull from the top to enable the status bar for a few seconds?

Thank you
Yes, just pull from the top and the status bar will appear for a few seconds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi ! Is this firmware Android 8.1? I'm using Android 9.
    Can you leave feedback after upgrading please? :)
    Is this official rom or custom firmware? I would be glad to hear from you. :fingers-crossed:

Good to go. Looks like original firmware, all stock, installed today with no issues.
    My multimedia is Preling Tesla style for Opel one. 4/64 ts9. Dont think it is kind difference between firmwares, once disassembled a lot of them, this one by tw.
    As well used magisk root recovery, all is working.

Asked seller for new firmware for one hundred times and found it myself on internet by mistake =). BTW all this is not 9 android like it called in info it is 8.1. Also get info regarding upcoming android 10. Will see. Personally waiting for RedMode firmware because of buttons reassignment possibility.

PS. Is it any good rom maker or hard experienced app modifier with this kind of multimedia?
    Nice. My multimedia is same as yours and for Opel, too. Do you discovered any differences between the TW and GT firmware?

Yes, I asked the seller for new firmware and mcu updates, too. More often. They answered only, no new firmware at this time. I could not believe that because mine was released on december 2019.

So, this (new) firmware you have is android 8.1, isn't it? :)

A couple of small improvements. I think this is the last available ROM on the market now. Have root and launcher with opel sedan logo on desktop implemented.
    Have one annoying bug with original Bluetooth application. It is double skipping forward backward ie one press two track forward. Think that problem is partially hardware issued.
    BTW all the firmwares for this multimedia is 8.1.
    Hope somewhen redmod for ts9 tesla will be released once i need key relearn feature.
    Can you post link to shared android 10 rom?

But honestly, this appears to be android 8.1.

Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12kxiBdxPamCjEymBQp64L_8YM5Ijjx4i?usp=sharing

ZIP and flashing instructions included.