Question TTL, APN, and Hotspot Setting Help(AKA Free & Unlimited Native Hotspot)

Search This thread

xVoidx

Jul 14, 2008
Hello

I'm going to start off with I don't think there is a resolution to my problem but maybe someone knows a different method.

I have the US Unlocked ZFold 4 (SM-F936U1)

What I have been able to do so far.

1. Setup Custom APN to add "dun" to the "APN Type" setting

2. Add IPv4 support back into the custom APN

3. Changed TTL on the client (In my case Windows 11 via reg edit method)

Method:

In Reg Edit go to -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key: \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Add REG_DWORD "DefaultTTL"

Set to 65(dec)

4. Profit

This lets me use the Native hotspot without a cap or even paying for it .....HOWEVER. Having to change the TTL on each client device is such a pain or not even possible on say an XBOX or Smart TV. I want to be able to change it on the phone directly but there does not seem to be a way with out root.

There is a Terminal Command that seems to do this "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl 65" but I get an error and I think this is because you need root to make this change.

Are there any ways to change this or am I just stuck only being able to use the hotspot on clients I can change the TTL?

Reactions: alexdr1

xVoidx

Jul 14, 2008
81 Views no replys :/ as I assumed no way to change this.

Maybe this can change going forward. Until then I want for a root method for the US unlocked version.

xVoidx

Jul 14, 2008
I can't change the apn
Unlocked fold 4 USA variant
You can't change the current APN but you can add a new APN and manually copy in the same thing for each field. Verify it works first before making any changes. It should work without issue as long as you copy everything exactly as it is from the one you can't edit. From there you can add "dun" to the APN type field and it will work with the native hot spot. Keep in mind you need to change the TTL on the client device you are connecting to the hotspot. This is not always possible, however it is on a Mac or a PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

I'm going to start off with I don't think there is a resolution to my problem but maybe someone knows a different method.

I have the US Unlocked ZFold 4 (SM-F936U1)

What I have been able to do so far.

1. Setup Custom APN to add "dun" to the "APN Type" setting

2. Add IPv4 support back into the custom APN

3. Changed TTL on the client (In my case Windows 11 via reg edit method)

Method:

In Reg Edit go to -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following key: \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Add REG_DWORD "DefaultTTL"

Set to 65(dec)

4. Profit

This lets me use the Native hotspot without a cap or even paying for it .....HOWEVER. Having to change the TTL on each client device is such a pain or not even possible on say an XBOX or Smart TV. I want to be able to change it on the phone directly but there does not seem to be a way with out root.

There is a Terminal Command that seems to do this "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_default_ttl 65" but I get an error and I think this is because you need root to make this change.

Are there any ways to change this or am I just stuck only being able to use the hotspot on clients I can change the TTL?