edit /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl,
key 136 SEARCH WAKE_DROPPED
key 139 MENU WAKE
key 102 UNKNOWN
key 158 BACK WAKE_DROPPED
key 116 POWER WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE_DROPPED
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE_DROPPED

change 3td line to "key 102 UNKNOWN " to disable Home key.
u can change to "key 102 POWER", so u can screen on/off by pressing Home key
Edit/Delete Message

jschall

Dec 30, 2009
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec
So, I followed the instructions above, the home button is 'unknown ", but it still keeps flashing - to indicate notifications, I guess. Is there any way to stop notifications from flashing the home (and Power) buttons?

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

I am wondering - would it be possible to turn the HOME button into a second BACK button rather than a POWER button? I find the bottom-left locationof the BACK button quite inconvenient.

joeyjojojjjjjj

Oct 11, 2011
I think it would be easy to change to a back button. I think it would be nice to have it hide and unhide the bar at the bottom.

Kung-Fu-Panda

Oct 15, 2011
Hi, I have HP IPAQ 514 (Voice Messenger) :D and my red button is broken :(. It isn't actually broken, but when I click it, it doesn't respond :eek:. Instead, it responds whenever it wants :p. Is there a way to disable the button :confused: because it's really getting on my nerves :mad:. Please help, thanks :p!

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
Hi, I have HP IPAQ 514 (Voice Messenger) :D and my red button is broken :(. It isn't actually broken, but when I click it, it doesn't respond :eek:. Instead, it responds whenever it wants :p. Is there a way to disable the button :confused: because it's really getting on my nerves :mad:. Please help, thanks :p!

Thank you for the morning laugh. This post fails on many levels. The Ipaq is Windows Mobile, not Android.

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005

Until you learn to both post in the right section AND stop using so many goddam smilies, I think we should just disable your posting button instead. :p

m2b999

Nov 26, 2011
Towson
jschall,

I tried editing 102 key to power up the device when I press the home button, but no luck!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
first backup /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl
key 139 MENU WAKE
key 102 UNKNOWN
key 116 POWER WAKE

Edit/Delete Message

Sorry for the noob questions I'm about to ask.
I need to have the A100 rooted before I do this?
What am I using to edit the .kl file?

goofball2k

Oct 5, 2010
Ottawa
Yes. You do need to be rooted. You can't access the file without root.
You don't need anything to edit the file.
Simply open as - text - text editor and modify the file. Save it afterwards.

Great, thanks! Got it working now (or rather, not working). Now my 2yr old son won't be pressing it each time he holds it to watch his videos. I've hit it enough times to annoy me as well, wish they would have used a real button but then I'm sure Apple would have sued them for using a real button :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first backup /system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl
    key 139 MENU WAKE
    key 102 UNKNOWN
    key 116 POWER WAKE

Edit/Delete Message

Thank you for the morning laugh. This post fails on many levels. The Ipaq is Windows Mobile, not Android.
    We can change the behaviour of the physical keys of A100 from changing the file:/system/usr/keylayout/gpio-keys.kl
    sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    It works!

Just want to make sure this works before I attempt it...thanks
    I just tried it, and it works!

Thanks, @sanixk!