• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Turn A1 into Mi 5X or not?

Search This thread

KloNom

Jul 21, 2014
I am about to receive my Mi A1. In general, I do prefer MIUI over plain stock Android (...yes, I know that is not that common :D ). So naturally, I am thinking about to directly flash the A1 into a Mi 5X.
What are your opinions? Anybody here who has done it? Bugs afterwards? OTA?

darkpegasus

Dec 21, 2016
Mi A1 has A/B partition which allows seamless updates whereas Mi 5X has the normal single partition. I suggest you to wait for about a month. Xiaomi will release the kernel sources (hopefully) this month and developers will make a MIUI ROM. If you tried to flash the Mi 5X ROM, you will end up bricking your phone.

Reactions: akhil dadhania

hemantv

May 27, 2012
Mumbai
If you wanted MIUI, you should've gotten yourself a Mi 5X. What's this nonsense thing, flash A1 into Mi 5x? It won't work. Be prepared for trouble if you try to do so.

Wait for kernel sources to be available, development to swing in. There will be a number of custom ROMs including MIUI.

NITRO_100

Mar 10, 2011
Zagreb
I am about to receive my Mi A1. In general, I do prefer MIUI over plain stock Android (...yes, I know that is not that common :D ). So naturally, I am thinking about to directly flash the A1 into a Mi 5X.
What are your opinions? Anybody here who has done it? Bugs afterwards? OTA?

Please, before asking anything read and search, there are many many many threads about A1 vs 5X. If you want Miui just because of Miui and no other reason than I can't get it why you bought A1, 5X is in general cheaper then A1.
Can't wait for Xiaomi to release kernel sources and someone ports Miui so this can stop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread about "A1 into a Mi 5X" No 958484383828284.

What happened to XDA and moderating team?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
    Mi A1 has A/B partition which allows seamless updates whereas Mi 5X has the normal single partition. I suggest you to wait for about a month. Xiaomi will release the kernel sources (hopefully) this month and developers will make a MIUI ROM. If you tried to flash the Mi 5X ROM, you will end up bricking your phone.