Turn off charging percent indicator at night? it is like a lighthouse!

Search This thread

wallyhenderson

Apr 15, 2012
Hi, there is any way to turn off charging percent indicator at night? I mean, not the screensaver trick, a real method to turn it off, i use s6 lte as a phone and at night, when charging it lights entire room!
Thanks in advance

RockwellB1

Nov 30, 2013
Ohio
You find one, keep us posted. Hated when it showed up on my Note 9 and Tab S3. Hate that my Note 10+ does it. And now this thing. Stupidest idea ever as the replacement to the led light, and not include an option to turn it off.

Reactions: wallyhenderson
Because it does not hide nav bar when nav bar is set on all time

That's not true. I just tried it on my Tab S6 to test it.

1. Download a true black wallpaper. I recommend this one: https://images.app.goo.gl/VRJvYcK43nah9RFo7

2. Save that wallpaper in a folder all by itself. You can name it "Charging Wallpaper" or whatever.

3. Go to Settings > Display > Screensaver

4. Choose Photo Frame

5. Point it to your Charging Wallpaper folder

Click Preview and you'll see the NavBar disappears.

wallyhenderson

Apr 15, 2012
That's not true. I just tried it on my Tab S6 to test it.

1. Download a true black wallpaper. I recommend this one: https://images.app.goo.gl/VRJvYcK43nah9RFo7

2. Save that wallpaper in a folder all by itself. You can name it "Charging Wallpaper" or whatever.

3. Go to Settings > Display > Screensaver

4. Choose Photo Frame

5. Point it to your Charging Wallpaper folder

Click Preview and you'll see the NavBar disappears.

Friend, im my tab it does not disapears, thanks but even disapearing i dont want the screensaver trick, want another solution, itpf there is no other will wait...

Friend, im my tab it does not disapears, thanks but even disapearing i dont want the screensaver trick, want another solution, itpf there is no other will wait...

Not sure what to tell you. If you do it exactly like that it should also hide the nav bar. Sorry you can't get it to work.

Any reason why, even if it did disappear, you wouldn't want that solution?

Last edited:

wallyhenderson

Apr 15, 2012
Not sure what to tell you. If you do it exactly like that it should also hide the nav bar. Sorry you can't get it to work.

Any reason why, even if it did disappear, you wouldn't want that solution?

Friend thanks for your help but in first message i asked for a "non screensaver trick" dont know why you are so insistent with this! Just looking other way... period... thanks but looking for other option...

Friend thanks for your help but in first message i asked for a "non screensaver trick" dont know why you are so insistent with this! Just looking other way... period... thanks but looking for other option...

Yes, I can read. I know that's what you said. I was asking WHY. Not being insistent, I'm trying to HELP you. But I certainly don't have to help, so live with the charging indicator I guess. As for me, my Tab S6 is charging indicator free.

Good luck to you and enjoy that night light/screen burn in.

Reactions: sosimple

wallyhenderson

Apr 15, 2012
Yes, I can read. I know that's what you said. I was asking WHY. Not being insistent, I'm trying to HELP you. But I certainly don't have to help, so live with the charging indicator I guess. As for me, my Tab S6 is charging indicator free.

Friend, don't be upset so easily... you are not helpling, because if someone post "dont want X solution" this means dont talk about X, not so hard to understand! I know X, because of that i post "dont want X solution"... if you have any kind of problem to uderstand that im so sorry for you... next time read twice before answer... another example... dont want pepsi, i want coke... dont offer me pepsi, i told i dont want it.... do you understand now?

Friend, don't be upset so easily... you are not helpling, because if someone post "dont want X solution" this means dont talk about X, not so hard to understand! I know X, because of that i post "dont want X solution"... if you have any kind of problem to uderstand that im so sorry for you... next time read twice before answer... another example... dont want pepsi, i want coke... dont offer me pepsi, i told i dont want it.... do you understand now?

LOL, I'm not upset. I was trying to help you out, but no big deal. Again, I was asking WHY you don't want the screensaver. You come to XDA looking for answers, refuse to give info, then are rude to someone trying to help you.

Here's two non-screensaver solutions:
1. lay the tablet face down when charging
2. turn it off before charging it

Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with it, as I said. And in the future, there's no need to start a new thread for something that has already been discussed in multiple other threads. Especially if you're just going to dismiss those of us trying to help you anyway. Peace.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

"Friend"

Reactions: sosimple and TiTiB

wallyhenderson

Apr 15, 2012
LOL, I'm not upset. I was trying to help you out, but no big deal. Again, I was asking WHY you don't want the screensaver. You come to XDA looking for answers, refuse to give info, then are rude to someone trying to help you.

Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with it, as I said. And in the future, there's no need to start a new thread for something that has already been discussed in multiple other threads. Especially if you're just going to dismiss those of us trying to help you anyway. Peace.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

"Friend"

Wow man, you have a lot of free time.... or some kind of OCD... thanks but you has not been helpful and make me loose my time...

PD: read this next time you reply to not make loose time to people

not
/nät/
adverb
used with an auxiliary verb or “be” to form the negative.
"he would not say"
used as a short substitute for a negative clause.
"maybe I'll regret it, but I hope not"

TheGoD

Oct 26, 2009
Sorry but I agree that the screen saver trick isn't a good workaround for everybody, mainly because it only works if you let the screen go off automatically. First off, I like to have my screen auto turn off set to the highest value of 10 minutes and secondly most video apps block that outright while content gets played back. So if I am in bed watching a video but decide that I rather just have the audio playing with the screen off my only way to archive that w/o having the charging information be displayed is first exit out of the video app to the home launcher and then wait for ten minutes while the screen is blinding me...

I have no idea why some idiot at Samsung though this to be a feature that we need at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"Friend"
    You find one, keep us posted. Hated when it showed up on my Note 9 and Tab S3. Hate that my Note 10+ does it. And now this thing. Stupidest idea ever as the replacement to the led light, and not include an option to turn it off.