Turn off screen gesture

Search This thread

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
Uruguay
Hi all. New on this phone, I've searched for this but could not find, so maybe someone here could help me. Is there a gesture to quickly turn off screen (had a gesture on my old nexus that was double tapping home button)?
Thanks in advance!

twistedh

Sep 10, 2011
Copenhagen
You could try 'Edge sense plus' (check the play store) to use the squeeze function to turn off the screen instead of launching the assistant. Personally I use nova launcher and swipe up to turn off the screen.

I'm sure there are other alternatives as well, but that's my 2 cents

Reactions: FedericoUY

rickysidhu_

• Apr 1, 2016
    Vancouver
    OnePlus 9
    Yeah it does cost some money but I can't remember exactly how much. There is a native screen lock option for Android 9+ and I don't think there is any fingerprint gesture. It's primarily for the edges of your screen.

thephantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Somewhere in between
    Hi all. New on this phone, I've searched for this but could not find, so maybe someone here could help me. Is there a gesture to quickly turn off screen (had a gesture on my old nexus that was double tapping home button)?
    Thanks in advance!
    You could try turning on accessibility menu in the accessibility settings if you don't mind having a small icon to the right of the pill at the bottom of the screen. When you click it, there are several options given and lock screen is one. It's not a simple gesture swipe or a simple double tap but it may be an option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
    Uruguay
    You could try turning on accessibility menu in the accessibility settings if you don't mind having a small icon to the right of the pill at the bottom of the screen. When you click it, there are several options given and lock screen is one. It's not a simple gesture swipe or a simple double tap but it may be an option.

Tried that, and it works, it appears a person button, and when you press it, it gives a lot of options, and the lock screen is one of them. I will keep using until a easier solution if found. I can not believe android will not include a gesture option for this by default.
    I hate to have to press a button to lock the screen, they end up breaking/wearing so fast.
    Thanks all for your responses, and other solutions are welcome. Cheers! :good: :D

Reactions: thephantom

thephantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Somewhere in between
    Tried that, and it works, it appears a person button, and when you press it, it gives a lot of options, and the lock screen is one of them. I will keep using until a easier solution if found. I can not believe android will not include a gesture option for this by default.
    I hate to have to press a button to lock the screen, they end up breaking/wearing so fast.
    Thanks all for your responses, and other solutions are welcome. Cheers! :good: :D
    Forgot to mention though that with it, when you open the camera app, you'll get this '5 second burst' label on the screen that some find annoying but I, for one, don't mind it.

Oh and when you're down and feeling blue, that small person icon seems to be ready to give a hug so just look at your phone. Hahaha

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
    Uruguay
    Forgot to mention though that with it, when you open the camera app, you'll get this '5 second burst' label on the screen that some find annoying but I, for one, don't mind it.

Oh and when you're down and feeling blue, that small person icon seems to be ready to give a hug so just look at your phone. Hahaha

Just removed. I'm the kind of person that finds those things anoying. Is that a bug? Oh my gosh android.... :eek:

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
    Uruguay
    Yeah it does cost some money but I can't remember exactly how much. There is a native screen lock option for Android 9+ and I don't think there is any fingerprint gesture. It's primarily for the edges of your screen.

Please let me know if you can check that and see any gestures for turning off screen (and how it's done)... Thanks!!! :laugh:

Pulsar.uy

Jun 8, 2015
    I use Wakeup touch Nexus, which, apart from letting you wake the screen using the proximity sensor, also allows you to turn off the screen by touching an icon on the desktop https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wolandsoft.wtn

I found this very useful, i mean... not the app but it moved me to find the right one... and i found it!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redmanit.lockscreen
    This one can create a toggle in quick settings... (the padlock) its great!, you can use fingerprint to unlock, and all working fine (no root required).

:highfive:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181026-161043.png
      Screenshot_20181026-161043.png
      157.2 KB · Views: 150

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
    Uruguay

FedericoUY

Dec 7, 2013
    Uruguay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Check this widget out. It is invisible and adds double tap to lock functionality to any launcher.
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jordigordillo.dtswidget
      Works without root in Android P or with root in Oreo and lower. In both cases, fingerprint unlocking works afterwards.
      You could try 'Edge sense plus' (check the play store) to use the squeeze function to turn off the screen instead of launching the assistant. Personally I use nova launcher and swipe up to turn off the screen.

I'm sure there are other alternatives as well, but that's my 2 cents
      I use the app called edge gestures on the play store. Works very well for me!
      Thanks in advance!

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone