Turn off shutter sound from pixel bought in japan

Search This thread

keanghok

Nov 12, 2020
Due to pixel was not sold I was buying pixel 5 from japan. I thought if I flash a US ROM the shutter sound (japan shutter sound law) will go away but it seems like it is still going strong even after I used Cambodia sim. It was used outside japan so if anybody able to turn it off ? or I flashed the wrong ROM
this is the image that I had flashed
11.0.0 (RD1A.201105.003.C1, Nov 2020)

cescman

Nov 5, 2013
It looks like from android 11 Google has made it very difficult if not impossible to turn off shutter sound on phones sold in Japan. There are a few workarounds but none are perfect
1. Root and replace the shutter sound files with silent sound. All the camera functions are retained but the phone becomes less secure and you may not be able to use banking apps or Google pay
2. Use of third party camera apps or modified Google camera app

keanghok

Nov 12, 2020
It looks like from android 11 Google has made it very difficult if not impossible to turn off shutter sound on phones sold in Japan. There are a few workarounds but none are perfect
1. Root and replace the shutter sound files with silent sound. All the camera functions are retained but the phone becomes less secure and you may not be able to use banking apps or Google pay
2. Use of third party camera apps or modified Google camera app

I thought that it was from software so if we able to flash a US based rom and living outside of japan it would be able to do the trick guess Im going to wait for Gcam mode to come to pixel 5 then. Thank you