Turn volume up or down without hardware buttons?

Search This thread

djc

Nov 24, 2005
My focus got wet & now only my volume down button kinda works... I use my headset to turn my volume up & down now... Is it a way to do this through the os without the hardware buttons? If not nodo... Mango?

Sep 26, 2007
I also wanted to know this, my buttons work fine but is there no on screen volume? and can you only fast forward and rewind by holding the forward and back arrows in zune?

djc

Nov 24, 2005
Doesn't make since how many features that were in a old 2002 pocket pc's aren't in 2011 wp7....

vermelo

Jun 28, 2009
Los Angeles
My focus got wet & now only my volume down button kinda works... I use my headset to turn my volume up & down now... Is it a way to do this through the os without the hardware buttons? If not nodo... Mango?

The same exact thing happened to me. Except it was beer, and only the volume down worked.

But couple of weeks ago I started hard pressing the up button and suddenly it started working even though its kinda stiff. This was after being like this for 6 months! It was a miracle.

djc

Nov 24, 2005
Thanks for the help! But... that app no longer works with nodo or mango... Any other suggestions?

norgan

May 7, 2006
Sydney, AU
I have a program that will set the volume at 25. I will upload it a bit later. I made it for my girlfriends phone that has a broken volume up button. Only problem is that adjusting volume from the registry requires a reboot to pick up the new setting. I am working on one for in call volume also. :)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

DKM-Eby

Dec 9, 2011
I don't know if you still need to know this, since the thread is a couple months old, or if it will be helpful to anyone, but I had this exact same problem (except it was the condensation from a Subway cup), and recently came across an interesting solution.

There is a Trivia game you can download for free from the Marketplace called "Disney_Quiz" (screenshots included so you can make sure its the right one.) that will automatically turn the volume all the way up for you to 30/30.

I didn't do anything remotely special to make the volume turn up auto, I just fiddled a bit with the buttons in the game, clicked this here, clicked that there, tapped the volume down button on the phone a bunch of times, and eventually the volume restores itself to 30/30.

Hope this was of help. :)

P.S. The game itself sucks, but whenever I accidently turn my phone to silent and the volume drops to 0... it's nice to know I can still turn it back up. :)

Attachments

• disney.jpg
    disney.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

justwondering5500

May 25, 2017
Okay here's the deal I have a Windows phone I change my password but I forgot my password and I I can't hard reset it because my volume up button is broke so I was wondering if there was another way to unlock my Windows phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    there is a propram in the market place called media volume setting will do the job for you