Turning wifi off when screen is off

Search This thread

Anderson2

Feb 25, 2012
Is there a tool or app that will turn wifi (and perhaps data) off when the phone display is not on?
My wifi is using a lot of battery.
Thanks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417716106531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417716106531.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1417716117566.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417716117566.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 131

PhilThinks

Nov 21, 2014
When I read this, my first thought was this function in the Android Wifi settings. Not entirely sure if this will solve your problem, but give it a try and see if it helps.

From Google's Support site for Android, under "Advanced Wifi Settings" (It's for Android One, but still applies):
Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep: Touch to choose how your device handles Wi-Fi when it's asleep. You can choose to keep Wi-Fi on all the time, only if your device is charging, or turn it off completely. If you turn Wi-Fi off, you may increase the amount of mobile data you use.
Since I'm a new user, I can't post the actual URL, but here's the Google Support destination:
support(dot)google(dot)com/android-one/answer/2819519

Cheers,
-Phil

gagbel

Nov 17, 2012
LeanDroid

I liked LeanDroid. I used to get battery for more than 24 hours.
But with Lollipop, it needs root access.
Rooting is not easy with Lollipop
Hence, I am also stuck like you
Waiting for 5.01 version hoping to get some fixes.
Drain with my phone is not just WiFi Mobile network too and generally the green bar slopes down.
Kitkat and LeanDroid were good
You can still try LeanDroid

bknsharan

Dec 14, 2014
wifi off, when screen is off

after updating to lollipop (stock), i am unable to connect to my college wifi. but i could use my wifi at home. now after few days my wifi is going off, when the screen goes to sleep. what kind of a problem is this ? when can the nexus 5 users get 5.0.1 update ?

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone