[TUT]Developing G3 TweaksBox Themes

Search This thread

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
As many of you know, in the new release of G3 TweaksBox i implemented a theme engine that allows users to develop their own themes.Creating themes is really simple:at the end of this post you can find a theme example i created with resources provided by @Kickoff and an empty theme template you can use to develop your own themes.

What can you theme ?
SystemUI(see LGSystemUI.apk)
LockScreen(see LGKeyguard.apk)
Phonebook,InCallUI,TeleService(see LGContacts.apk,InCallUI.apk,LGTeleservice.apk)
Message App(see LGMessage.apk)
Settings(see LGSettings.apk and LGEasySettings.apk)
More to come....

1)Modify the package name:

Open the MANIFEST(AndroidManifest.xml) and change the package name.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    package="[COLOR="Red"][B]it.ptoti.systemui_theme.htc[/B][/COLOR]"
    android:versionCode="1"
    android:versionName="1.0" >

<uses-sdk
        android:minSdkVersion="19"
        android:targetSdkVersion="19" />

<application
        android:allowBackup="true"
        android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
        android:label="@string/app_name"
        android:theme="@style/AppTheme" >
        <activity
            android:name="it.ptoti.systemui_theme.htc.MainActivity"
            android:label="@string/app_name">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
                <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/>
                <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/> -->
                <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.lockscreen.THEME"/> -->
                <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.incallui.THEME"/> -->
                <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.phonebookapp.THEME"/> -->
                <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.messageapp.THEME"/> -->
                <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
</manifest>

2)Change Theme Name:

Open the strings.xml file(res/values/) and change the theme name

Code:
<resources>
    <string name="app_name">[COLOR="Red"]HTC Panel THEME<[/COLOR]/string>
</resources>

2-1)Add Intents in the Manifest File:

Code:
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/> [COLOR="Red"]for the LGSystemUI[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for the LGSettings[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.easysettings.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for the LGEasySettings[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.lockscreen.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"]for LGKeyGuard[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.incallui.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for InCallUi[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.teleservice.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for TeleService[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.phonebookapp.THEME"/>  [COLOR="red"]for LGContacts[/COLOR]
<action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.messageapp.THEME"/>  [COLOR="red"]for LGMessage[/COLOR]

Manifest example : Here you can see a manifest example of theme for SystemUI and Settings only

Code:
    package="it.ptoti.systemui_theme.template"
    <uses-sdk

<application
        <activity
            <intent-filter>
[COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]                <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/>
                <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/>[/SIZE][/COLOR]
            </intent-filter>
        </activity>
    </application>
</manifest>

3)REPLACING RESOURCES:

REPLACING QUICKSETTINGS' ICONS AND ANIMATIONS:

You just have to put your modified resources in the relative folders. Drawables MUST have the same name they have in the SystemUI package: if G3 TWB finds them it replaces the original resources with the themes' ones.

Also,you have to add these lines to the theme.xml you can find in the xml folder

<Drawable name="indi_noti_rearrange_normal" />
<Drawable name="indi_noti_rearrange_pressed" />
<Drawable name="quicksetting_button_edit_bg" />

REPLACE OTHER RESOURCES:

Other resources MUST be ALSO defined in the relative xml file you can find in the xml folder:

theme.xml -----------------> For the SystemUI
theme_contacts.xml -------------> For LGContacts.apk
theme_incallui.xml ---------------> For InCallUI.apk
theme_lockscreen.xml -----------> For LGKeyGuard.apk
theme_messageapp --------------> For LGMessage.apk
theme_settings.xml ---------------> For LGSettings.apk
theme_teleservice.xml------------------> For LGTeleService.apk
theme_easysettings.xml---------------> For LGEasySettings.apk

Let's take a look to an example.

Code:
<G3_TweaksBox_SystemUI_Theme version="1">
    <Drawable name="ic_brightness_auto_check"/>
    <Drawable name="ic_launcher_settings" />
    <Drawable name="scrubber_primary_holo" />
    <Drawable name="ic_notify_settings_set" />
    <Drawable name="indi_noti_btn_vol_set" />
    <Drawable name="ic_notify_quicksetting_brightness_panel" />
    <Drawable name="ic_notify_quicksetting_ringtone" />
    <Drawable name="indi_noti_btn_clear" />
    <Color name="np_clock" replacement="#FF00FF00"/>
    <Color name="bg_expanded" replacement="#FF000000" />
</G3_TweaksBox_SystemUI_Theme>

To replace a drawable the syntax is:

Code:
<Drawable name="name_of_original_drawable" replacement="name_of_the_drawable_in_your_theme" / >

The replacement attribute is optional: if you name the drawable as the original one in the SystemUI you can omit it.

You can also replace a Drawable with a color with the following syntax:

Code:
<Drawable name="name_of_original_drawable" replacement="colorDrawable:#AARRGGBB" / >

Where AARRGGBB is the color code in the ARGB format(but you can use also RGB format)

To replace a color the syntax is the following:

Code:
<Color name="name_of_original_color" replacement="#AARRGGBB" />

If you want to replace a drawable(or a color) which is actually in the framework-res you can use the same syntax but you have to add the packageRes attribute, example :

Code:
<Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_holo_light"/>

To replace a dimension the syntax is the following:

Code:
<Dimen name="name_of_original_dimension" replacement="20.0" />

The replacement must be a dip value not a px one.

To replace an integer the syntax is the following:

Code:
<Integer name="name_of_original_integer" replacement="20" />

To assign a backgound(Drawable or Color) to any layout the syntax is the following :

Code:
<LayoutBackground name="layout_name" background="name_of_the_drawable" />

To assign a background(Drawable or Color) to any child layout the syntax is the following :

Code:
<LayoutBackground name="master_layout_name" child="child_layout_name" background="name_of_the_drawable" />

That's all,remember to sign the theme before trying to install it. The TUT will be updated when new features are added to the theme engine.

Attachments

• HTC_Panel_EXAMPLE_signed.apk
    15.1 MB · Views: 1,790
  • G3TWBThemeTemplate.apk
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,903
  • G3_Softkey_Theme_Template_Eclipse.zip
    723.9 KB · Views: 1,432
  • G3_TWB_THEME_HELPER.rar
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,305
Last edited:

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk
Dammit - howcome i cant import any of them into eclipse??

Nothing happens. And if dragging folder into workspace - it says "Destination folder must be accessible"

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

silly me - yes apktools, not just 7zip

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
NICE... so...u got plans with the template..? lol I'm gonna try and get the Candy shop Softkeys going if possible... are u using apktool

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

You can't theme SoftKeys in this way. SoftKeys res are actually out of the SystemUI package. The ROM already comes with a SoftKey theme engine which is fully working if you are using G2/G3 TWB. I explained a long time ago how to develop softkeys themes infact you can find a lot of themes already on the scene

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52818274

Dammit - howcome i cant import any of them into eclipse??

Nothing happens. And if dragging folder into workspace - it says "Destination folder must be accessible"

They are compiled apk, most themers don't use eclipse just decompile/recompile the package. Anyway i'm more than pleased you use eclipse. Attached you can find the template

Attachments

• Eclipse_Template.zip
    655.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Reactions: matthew0776

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago
You can't theme SoftKeys in this way. SoftKeys res are actually out of the SystemUI package. The ROM already comes with a SoftKey theme engine which is fully working if you are using G2/G3 TWB. I explained a long time ago how to develop softkeys themes infact you can find a lot of themes already on the scene

They are compiled apk, most themers don't use eclipse just decompile/recompile the package. Anyway i'm more than pleased you use eclipse. Attached you can find the template

so what's themeable ? SystemUI ?

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

oh snap...u have some of the CS keys already...sweet..!

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012

Also softkeys are themeable, simply you can't theme them using this TUT. If you want i can write another tut explaining how to develop softkeys themes. Anyway yes at the moment you can theme only the SystemUI but, as i explained in the first post the theme engine is in a early stage. It will be much more powerful in the 1.3 and you will able to theme other apps too.

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk
Strings.xml is not present in values folder.

and values 11 and 14 gives me errors. One of them is empty. other one has: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resources>
<style name="AppBaseTheme" parent="@android:style/Animation.TypingFilterRestore" />
</resources>

yoavst

Jan 7, 2013
Also softkeys are themeable, simply you can't theme them using this TUT. If you want i can write another tut explaining how to develop softkeys themes. Anyway yes at the moment you can theme only the SystemUI but, as i explained in the first post the theme engine is in a early stage. It will be much more powerful in the 1.3 and you will able to theme other apps too.

Why it using the default softkeys on the launcher? I never got it.

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk

AH! Just saw this. Thanks man

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

And we shouldnt edit this in manifest? android:name="it.ptoti.systemui_theme.htc.MainActivity"

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
AH! Just saw this. Thanks man

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

And we shouldnt edit this in manifest? android:name="it.ptoti.systemui_theme.htc.MainActivity"

You could change the activity name without generating any issue but i don't advice it. Some AV could report the theme as a false positive if the manifest point to a non-existing activity(don't ask me why but i saw this with softkeys themes). If you want to change the name since you are using eclipse you can safely do it with re-factoring: Right click on the activity------------->Refactor------------>Rename

blackbearblanc

Sep 20, 2011
www.blackbearblanc.dk
You could change the activity name without generating any issue but i don't advice it. Some AV could report the theme as a false positive if the manifest point to a non-existing activity(don't ask me why but i saw this with softkeys themes). If you want to change the name since you are using eclipse you can safely do it with re-factoring: Right click on the activity------------->Refactor------------>Rename

Sorry for the noobness. But are we supposed to copy this folder "drawable-640dpi" from the htc example. And then change icons?. ?

Cause That folder is not inside the eclipsetemplate

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
Sorry for the noobness. But are we supposed to copy this folder "drawable-640dpi" from the htc example. And then change icons?. ?

Cause That folder is not inside the eclipsetemplate

The template is empty. You have to copy high res to drawable-xxxhdpi which is the same of drawable-640dpi. Obviously you can copy all res from the HTC package but you should copy also selectors and anims that are in drawable folder(basically you have copy the drawable and drawable-640dpi folders).

Reactions: blackbearblanc

matthew0776

Dec 22, 2012
Chicago

that would be great...I can package more keys from CandyShop ...Cyberscopes included... I can use eclipse or apktool prefer eclipse for something like this tho...

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

ok - so these need to stay? values-v11

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Think i got it. Yoav walked me through it

did it compile via Eclipse Black..?

P_Toti

Jun 21, 2012
Reactions: matthew0776

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you know, in the new release of G3 TweaksBox i implemented a theme engine that allows users to develop their own themes.Creating themes is really simple:at the end of this post you can find a theme example i created with resources provided by @Kickoff and an empty theme template you can use to develop your own themes.

What can you theme ?
    SystemUI(see LGSystemUI.apk)
    LockScreen(see LGKeyguard.apk)
    Phonebook,InCallUI,TeleService(see LGContacts.apk,InCallUI.apk,LGTeleservice.apk)
    Message App(see LGMessage.apk)
    Settings(see LGSettings.apk and LGEasySettings.apk)
    More to come....

1)Modify the package name:

Open the MANIFEST(AndroidManifest.xml) and change the package name.

Code:
        package="[COLOR="Red"][B]it.ptoti.systemui_theme.htc[/B][/COLOR]"

<uses-sdk

<application
            android:allowBackup="true"
            <activity
                <intent-filter>
                    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/>
                    <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/> -->
                    <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.lockscreen.THEME"/> -->
                    <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.incallui.THEME"/> -->
                    <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.phonebookapp.THEME"/> -->
                    <!-- <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.messageapp.THEME"/> -->
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
        </application>
    </manifest>

2)Change Theme Name:

Open the strings.xml file(res/values/) and change the theme name

Code:
    <resources>
        <string name="app_name">[COLOR="Red"]HTC Panel THEME<[/COLOR]/string>
    </resources>

2-1)Add Intents in the Manifest File:

Code:
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/> [COLOR="Red"]for the LGSystemUI[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for the LGSettings[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.easysettings.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for the LGEasySettings[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.lockscreen.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"]for LGKeyGuard[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.incallui.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for InCallUi[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.teleservice.THEME"/> [COLOR="red"] for TeleService[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.phonebookapp.THEME"/>  [COLOR="red"]for LGContacts[/COLOR]
    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.messageapp.THEME"/>  [COLOR="red"]for LGMessage[/COLOR]

Manifest example : Here you can see a manifest example of theme for SystemUI and Settings only

Code:
        package="it.ptoti.systemui_theme.template"
        <uses-sdk

<application
            <activity
                <intent-filter>
    [COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"]                <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.systemui.THEME"/>
                    <action android:name="it.ptoti.g3_tweaksbox.settings.THEME"/>[/SIZE][/COLOR]
                </intent-filter>
            </activity>
        </application>
    </manifest>

3)REPLACING RESOURCES:

REPLACING QUICKSETTINGS' ICONS AND ANIMATIONS:

You just have to put your modified resources in the relative folders. Drawables MUST have the same name they have in the SystemUI package: if G3 TWB finds them it replaces the original resources with the themes' ones.

Also,you have to add these lines to the theme.xml you can find in the xml folder

<Drawable name="indi_noti_rearrange_normal" />
    <Drawable name="indi_noti_rearrange_pressed" />
    <Drawable name="quicksetting_button_edit_bg" />

REPLACE OTHER RESOURCES:

Other resources MUST be ALSO defined in the relative xml file you can find in the xml folder:

theme.xml -----------------> For the SystemUI
    theme_contacts.xml -------------> For LGContacts.apk
    theme_incallui.xml ---------------> For InCallUI.apk
    theme_lockscreen.xml -----------> For LGKeyGuard.apk
    theme_messageapp --------------> For LGMessage.apk
    theme_settings.xml ---------------> For LGSettings.apk
    theme_teleservice.xml------------------> For LGTeleService.apk
    theme_easysettings.xml---------------> For LGEasySettings.apk

Let's take a look to an example.

Code:
    <G3_TweaksBox_SystemUI_Theme version="1">
        <Drawable name="ic_brightness_auto_check"/>
        <Drawable name="ic_launcher_settings" />
        <Drawable name="scrubber_primary_holo" />
        <Drawable name="ic_notify_settings_set" />
        <Drawable name="indi_noti_btn_vol_set" />
        <Drawable name="ic_notify_quicksetting_brightness_panel" />
        <Drawable name="ic_notify_quicksetting_ringtone" />
        <Drawable name="indi_noti_btn_clear" />
        <Color name="np_clock" replacement="#FF00FF00"/>
        <Color name="bg_expanded" replacement="#FF000000" />
    </G3_TweaksBox_SystemUI_Theme>

To replace a drawable the syntax is:

Code:
    <Drawable name="name_of_original_drawable" replacement="name_of_the_drawable_in_your_theme" / >

The replacement attribute is optional: if you name the drawable as the original one in the SystemUI you can omit it.

You can also replace a Drawable with a color with the following syntax:

Code:
    <Drawable name="name_of_original_drawable" replacement="colorDrawable:#AARRGGBB" / >

Where AARRGGBB is the color code in the ARGB format(but you can use also RGB format)

To replace a color the syntax is the following:

Code:
    <Color name="name_of_original_color" replacement="#AARRGGBB" />

If you want to replace a drawable(or a color) which is actually in the framework-res you can use the same syntax but you have to add the packageRes attribute, example :

Code:

To replace a dimension the syntax is the following:

Code:
    <Dimen name="name_of_original_dimension" replacement="20.0" />

The replacement must be a dip value not a px one.

To replace an integer the syntax is the following:

Code:
    <Integer name="name_of_original_integer" replacement="20" />

To assign a backgound(Drawable or Color) to any layout the syntax is the following :

Code:
    <LayoutBackground name="layout_name" background="name_of_the_drawable" />

To assign a background(Drawable or Color) to any child layout the syntax is the following :

Code:
    <LayoutBackground name="master_layout_name" child="child_layout_name" background="name_of_the_drawable" />

That's all,remember to sign the theme before trying to install it. The TUT will be updated when new features are added to the theme engine.
    Pre release sent to themers and TUT and templates updated.
    New theme engine is almost done:

Now you can theme more apps
    Now you can set any background on any layout: it's useful to set a background on a layout which does not have it or on a layout which has a color as background(like the notification panel)
    I'm also thinking to give themers the ability to theme anything in the framework.

If you would like to see new other features, just ask for it. The new version of G3 TWB is scheduled to be released on the second half of September but i can send to all themers a pre release the next week if you want it. Let me known about that.

Here some screenshots(i used res from CM Cobalt theme by @dustinb17 to test the new engine)

I updated the theme engine with some changes that will be available with the beta i'm going to release the next week:

Now you can add/replace the background to any child layout/view (see tut for other info)
    Now you can replace framework resources: resources are not replaced globally but per app. To replace framework res you just have to add the "respackage" attr with the framework name("android" for the android framework "com.lge" for the lg framework). Let's see an example

If you want to replace the switch on the settings app:
    Code:
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_disabled_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_disabled_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_disabled_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_disabled_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_focused_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_focused_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_focused_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_bg_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_disabled_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_disabled_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_disabled_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_disabled_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_focused_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_focused_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_focused_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_focused_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_pressed_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_pressed_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_pressed_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_activated_pressed_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_disabled_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_disabled_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_disabled_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_disabled_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_focused_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_focused_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_focused_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_focused_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_holo_light_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_pressed_holo_dark"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_pressed_holo_dark_latin"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_pressed_holo_light"/>
    <Drawable respackage="com.lge" name="switch_thumb_pressed_holo_light_latin"/>

I have also attached in the first post a simple windows app which creates a theme xml from the drawable folder. It will help to save some time.
    An user asked me how to change the settings headers: i took a look and found that you can't change them with the current G3 TWB so i updated the theme engine to make that possible. If you want to change headers you have in the main page you just have to add these lines:

<Color name="category_background" replacement="#FFFF0000" /> ----------> Background
    <Color name="emphasis" replacement="#FF000000" /> --------------> TextColor

If you want to change the header you have in other screens you have to :

1)Create a folder named "layout" in the res folder of your theme
    2)Unzip and copy the preference_category_holo.xml you can find attached to that folder
    3)Add this to theme_settings.xml : <Layout respackage="com.lge" name="preference_category_holo" />
    4)Changing color is quite easy: you just have to change the android:background and the android:textcolor attributes in the layout file.

Code:
    <TextView android:textColor="#ff000000" 
              android:id="@android:id/title" 
              android:background="#ffff0000" 
              android:minHeight="24.0dip" 
              android:textAllCaps="true"
              android:layout_width="fill_parent"
              android:layout_height="wrap_content"
              android:gravity="center_vertical"
              android:textStyle="bold"
              android:paddingStart="12.0dip"
              android:paddingEnd="12.0dip"